Mizuno MP-5 Irons Preview

Thanks you. I am sure I will enjoy this forum. I read many posts prior to signing up and this seems much more casual than the golf forum I was using. When a forum stops being fun it's time to change.

That is why I came over as well. Just had my first outing and they are a great group.

As for the irons, I don't mind the looks. Hopefully they play as well as the rest of the Miz line.

Saw this on the book....these or the MP4's will most likely be my next set, they look SO good.

Cool video. Mizuno irons have always looked good. Still not sure I like the bright chrome on these

I want to hit these in a bad way.

Cool video. Mizuno irons have always looked good. Still not sure I like the bright chrome on these
Agreed, the polished chrome always looks beat to hell way too quickly for my tastes.

They look real good but my game will never progress beyond the 850F.

OK, we are definitely going to need a comparison between the MP-5 and Hogans!!

Agreed, the polished chrome always looks beat to hell way too quickly for my tastes.

The more chrome the better dude!!

That makes 2 of us Freddie.

Jman I know you say the irons are the work horses so do either if you have or see issues with bag chatter beating up the chrome to easily?

The more chrome the better dude!!

That makes 2 of us Freddie.
I am hoping these are at an event I will attend. I may have to search out a 6i to demo

Jman I know you say the irons are the work horses so do either if you have or see issues with bag chatter beating up the chrome to easily?
Chrome definitely takes a beating if you don't take more time to take care of them especially with bag chatter. However I always try to wrap a towel in my bag when I ride around my clubs to avoid it as much as possible. Also clean my A LOT. That being said the only way you'd ever prevent it is with iron covers.

I am rare breed when it comes to my irons. I don't care if they have bag chatter. It's part of golf and they need character.
Chrome definitely takes a beating if you don't take more time to take care of them especially with bag chatter. However I always try to wrap a towel in my bag when I ride around my clubs to avoid it as much as possible. Also clean my A LOT. That being said the only way you'd ever prevent it is with iron covers.

I am rare breed when it comes to my irons. I don't care if they have bag chatter. It's part of golf and they need character.
I don't disagree there. I don't mind some to build that character but also want to keep em looking fresh as long as possible.

They are work horses, for dirt, grime, and all that goodness. But looking like someone has taken a sack of nickels and beat the hell out of them after a handful of walking rounds isn't on my list of like, wants, needs, or enjoys. Polished shows way more than satin, its why my gamers are always brushed or satin. Different strokes of course, but this is my take.

They are work horses, for dirt, grime, and all that goodness. But looking like someone has taken a sack of nickels and beat the hell out of them after a handful of walking rounds isn't on my list of like, wants, needs, or enjoys. Polished shows way more than satin, its why my gamers are always brushed or satin. Different strokes of course, but this is my take.

I don't like the beat up look either and with my 545s I started using iron covers as I noticed some nicks in the soles. Don't get me wrong I love the look of chrome and not sure what my threshold for to much is, but from the pics of these they looked like it might be my threshold but them watching the video jimmy posted they do t look as bad.

I have always loved the Mizuno blades and CBs and found the mp4s to be a relatively easy club to hit and felt great but swing wasn't consistent enough to game them. I will be trying these out though.

Oh man, these will probably be in my bag as soon they are released. I'm not to happy about the feel in my S55s so I'm hunting something forged.

Saw these next to the mp4s yesterday and I prefer the look of the 4s over these.

Oops didn't realize there was a new thread. Text deleted.

Back