Play This Shot - 8/12

8i aimed just inside right edge of bunker and hoping for solid contact then just getting into play around the green with a chance at saving par.

this is one I'm glad I'd be glad I'm a lefty on. haha

I'd take 8i and aim just left of the flag expecting some left to right action off the hill, but putting myself in hopefully a good spot if it goes straight. Smooth swing and put it on the green.

Taking PW and starting the ball on the left side of the green with the thoughts that the ball will leak a little right on me towards the back-middle (widest) portion of the green.

Being a lefty I am anticipating a draw coming out of that lie. Im taking a 9 iron and aiming at the bunker and just trust it

This ball is above my feet, so I am taking a PW, choking down a little and aiming a little left of the green anticipating a draw.

Uh this thread is for RH only. Sorry..

hahahaha, I could see this being a nightmare for lefties. If the situations were reversed, I am confident I would hook 9/10 shots into the hazard.

Had a similar target but opposite shot just last Sunday. Left rough, downhill, above the feet lie, 145 yards to front pin. Narrow at the front with water on the right, thick rough, then hardpan & cart path left.

Trying to hit a high fade out of a hook lie, I chunked it about 40 yards with an 8i. Left me 106 to the pin in some rough but flat lie. Stuck that to ten feet left of the pin and left the par putt short about 2".... grumble, grumble.

PW and aim at the bunker. Worst case: one hop into the bunker, best case: ball below my feet fade that lands just short and hopefully bounces on out of that lie.

Uh this thread is for RH only. Sorry..

hahahaha, I could see this being a nightmare for lefties. If the situations were reversed, I am confident I would hook 9/10 shots into the hazard.
Such hate.. :)

This one of those lies where if I play for the draw chances are it won't draw.

If I don't play for it, it will almost certainly do a sharp right turn on me.

I hit a PW at the left edge of the green. I'd expect a fade, but I've hit my fair share of straight shots out of a fade lie like that.

Some added info. Pin is basically where the white blob is on the green here. Also note the front of the green is the smallest area to land the ball.

c4ec6dc050ab0ab57f8b8fc4c128a3d0.jpg
Lots more room long than I realized. Might smooth the 9 iron instead of PW, knowing back of the green is a fine place to be. Water is closer short, can carry the bunker with the 9 if I yank it a little.

I'm pulling my 9 iron and aiming left edge to account for the lie and ball flight it should produce. Main thing is to keep myself low and not "pop up" on contact. I say 9iron because if you catch a flyer, then my normal 8iron (140 club) would be too much.

I'm going 2 clubs down due to the lie so an easy 1/2-3/4 - 8i (at least thats what I'm thinking) and I'm aiming at the bunker on the left with the thought that with the ball below my feet it should cut a little. If somehow I hit it straight, I'm hoping it goes in the bunker.

Ha-yikes.

140 is usually full 8 iron for me, but I'd rather come up short. I'll take the 8 iron but take a knockdown swing to make sure I make good contact and to hopefully get a little extra rollout. Aiming just left of the green assuming a little fade. If I hit it straight, worst cause I end up in the trap. Avoid water at all costs.

For me? 7 Iron, stance and aim to the left side of the green, and let it fade to the middle/right.

yup, I will play a soft 8 iron at the bunker and watch in draw

Man I'm torn between taking a smooth 3/4 pitching wedge or a full GW. Only swing thought I'd have once aiming left center of the green would be to stay down on it. Hopefully land somewhere near the front and keep it on the dance floor.

Wedge to the hopefully middle of the green but erring to the short side for a hopeful two putt or up and in.

lol Ive never had this shot at ur course, im always on the stupid right side of the fairway (rough).

With firm greens like that and pin in the middle Im aiming left, hitting a 9I short and watching it bounce up onto the green. THe 441 top spin aids it to a mere 3 feet for birdie

Depending on the how I find the slope, I'd probably go with an 8 iron and try to make strong, just more than 3/4 solid contact.

9i choked down about 1/2 way. aiming left and playing for a fade. thinking stay down during swing and plan for worst case being short of the green and away from trouble on the left.

1. Grab 52 wedge
2. Aim straight at pin
3. Hit ball
4. Curse

I stand closer and more upright to the ball with a 9 iron and aim at the flag. I actually tend to hit the ball a little left when doing this, so hopefully this puts me on the left side of the green or a bit short. At worse I'm in the bunker.

Take the AW and aim at the right edge of the bunker. Stay down on the shot. Hopefully side hill lie pushes the shot a little right to center of the green.

Opening a 9 iron just a bit and swinging 80-90% trying to hit it at the grass strip between the bunker and the left edge of the green. I'm okay in the bunker, or short left. My only concern would be catching the heel of the club and turning it over left of the bunker.

Back