Anyone carry a 62° wedge?

lblanto1

Reaction score
Handicap
So I recently just switched from 50, 56, 60, to 50 54, 58. I gap much better now on 1/2 3/4 and full shots but am having trouble around the greens, specially on touch shots from 50 and in. I don't really ever use my hybrid and am thinking about a 62° for like 50 yard. Anyone use one? Thoughts on it? Pros cons? It would really only be for around the green out to the 50 yard distance and I have been playing really fast greens where 62° would have been handy.. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on your grind on the 58. As long as you have one that allows you to open the face I would go that route.

I can honestly only see cons to doing that. It would just not be an easy club to hit IMO, especially if you're already having some troubles. 58* is plenty of loft to do everything you'd ever need. I would just practice using your 58* a little opened up if you really want to have that kind of shot in your arsenal.

Never tried one but it's an intriguing thought!!

I would learn to hakf swing your wedges you have for that yardage the 62 is less forgiving

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

My 60 is bent to 61*, but I've never actually gamed a 62* wedge

I more have a problem toning it back. I have no trouble hitting it consistent, I just feel like it is too much club. Maybe I'm crazy. I am gonna take it to my club and have it measured in loft/lie machine.

I dont but the thought has crossed my mind

I had a 62* callaway x forged wedge. Used it a bunch. Full swing was 85 yards. Used to play a lot of courses where it came in handy if you missed the greens. Haven't used it in a while though.

I do have a 62 Edel and when I bag it, the wedge is great off tight lies, bunker, rough and fast greens ... but I have a 59, so I don't bag it that much except for this time of year when the greens are baked or crowned.

Having said that, I don't find any loft more than a 62 as useful.

I carry 64* pm grind wedge. It's definitely a fun club to hit and mess around. My thought was the same. I need a fuller swing 50 yard club. Turns out its short game full swing is closer to 75 yards.

Obviously, not all designs are the same. It's my second 64*, the pm grind is closer in size to a household spatula than a lob wedge so it's much easier to hit especially in the sand. Nice short high pitch not flop is easy to execute. It's easily my go to club around the greens, but...and there's a big but.

Be prepared to put in the necessary practice time to get your new short game working. This is next level confidence stuffs you'd be swinging about a 100 worth of effort on your 50* for about 50 yards or less on 64*. Same goes with the short green side shots. If you put in the time it would pay off in a big way.

It took 3-4 months to comfortably integrating the 64* into my game. For me that's 2-4 rounds per week and 3 practice range session a week. I gave the other 64* to my brother and he loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rusty is right on. I recently acquired a 64 deg Titleist wedge to play around with. I have always gamed a 60 degree wedge, using it for any pitch shots 85 on in. I want to try and take a full swing and get only about 50 yards out of it. It is completely different in feel compared to the 60, and I am going to have to spend some practise time with it to feel anywhere near confident gaming it.

Having to practice for months to get used to something enough to game it in a crazy specialized spot in the bag seems counter productive to me. But more power to you guys if you really want that.

I have a 60/10 pm grind that i bent to 62/12. I carry a 58 and there wasn't enough of a difference between the 58 and 60 plus the 60/10 always dug into the ground with more than a half swing--it needed more bounce. My course has small turtleback greens and im often pitching up blind where all you can see is the top of the flag, so i need something that stops on a dime and it fits the bill. I have a couple of 64's too but i like the 62 better.

I had one in my old set a 62 degree Vokey Sm5. I used it for a 90 yard full shot to using it for most of my pitches up to 40 yards. And was helpful when you needed your ball to not roll too much in certain situations.
I would get another one, but not sure which other club I'd part with instead.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I carry 64* pm grind wedge. It's definitely a fun club to hit and mess around. My thought was the same. I need a fuller swing 50 yard club. Turns out its short game full swing is closer to 75 yards.

Obviously, not all designs are the same. It's my second 64*, the pm grind is closer in size to a household spatula than a lob wedge so it's much easier to hit especially in the sand. Nice short high pitch not flop is easy to execute. It's easily my go to club around the greens, but...and there's a big but.

Be prepared to put in the necessary practice time to get your new short game working.
It took 3-4 months to comfortably integrating the 64* into my game. For me that's 2-4 rounds per week and 3 practice range session a week. I gave the other 64* to my brother and he loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I found the same with a 64, especially a PM 64, which I quickly sold, but found a 62 was easier to integrate into the bag. I've had a couple of 62's - Callaway (when they made that loft) and Edel.

Nope, I like my teeth, no need for such a club.

For these shots I just grip down on my 58, plenty of loft.

I've been playing a 60* for about a month now and honestly, I'm considering dropping it for a 58*. Just two often that I get too far under the ball and my shot ends up way short or with 10* of bunch, off a tight lie, I hit the leading edge of the club and overshoot my intended target. I see myself moving towards a lower bounce 58*

I have been using a 62* wedge for nearly a year. I have vokey's in 50, 54, 58 and 62*. I love my 62 and will be hitting it for some time.

I used to, an RTX 2.0. Liked it very much, still do. Only when the bermuda rough gets thick, I find the PM wedges to work better.

Still have it and plan to keep it because it's served me well. May see playing time again. But I no longer take full swings with LW, only maybe 70 yards and in.

I used to, an RTX 2.0. Liked it very much, still do. Only when the bermuda rough gets thick, I find the PM wedges to work better.

Still have it and plan to keep it because it's served me well. May see playing time again. But I no longer take full swings with LW, only maybe 70 yards and in.

I have the 16* bounce Sw 56* rtx 2 with the spinner shaft. Love every thing about the club performance, and feel. I only wish it didn't come with such straight leading edge. I'm used to curves one I guess.

I had enough trouble with the 60*!!

I have the 16* bounce Sw 56* rtx 2 with the spinner shaft. Love every thing about the club performance, and feel. I only wish it didn't come with such straight leading edge. I'm used to curves one I guess.
Ha, whereas I prefer a straighter leading edge. I don't so much mind rounded but when the face is significantly forward of the hosel and rounded, my mind gets all screwy.

Back