Leaving or even worse losing things on the course

Car keys long before the days of Uber and about 90 miles from home. That was a fun 2 days
Car keys are quite a common item to be turned in.

Wallets are more common that I would expect.

I can imagine they get left in carts quite a bit. I vividly recall my mistake - left the clubhouse, walked down the steps and put my keys into my golf bag and walked off / in retrospect that wasn't my golf bag!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost my wedding ring on the course once. No bueno.

Pro Tip from this experience: lie to your wife and say you lost it elsewhere doing something other than golf.

So much stuff most of which was never turned in. A few clubs, a million head covers, sun glasses. One of the more annoying ones was a new dozen 330's I threw in my bag but left zipper open and it fell out in the parking lot, got to first tee and they were gone, not turned in. Left my cell phone but guy who found it texted my mom so I got it back.

I lost a Nike Covert hybrid headcover while walking the front nine. I had just hit from the rough between the treeline. I always put the headcovers on top of the bag or between a few clubs when I as going to hit. The winds were blowing at gale force and the skies opened up. Stupid for trying to finish the last hole with that weather approaching. I picked up the bag and ran to the parking lot adjacent to the fairway. Got home and took everything out of the bag to dry out. I noticed the missing one when I put the headcovers on a rack with a fan to dry them out. Went back over to the course around 2:00 am and found it not too far from my initial run. Also found a raccoon out prowling around the course.

Lost my Game Golf unit after hitting my second shot in my first tournament. Did a one minute search for it but bailed because of tournament. I kept thinking about it the whole round and what the mowers would do to it the next day. Ended up with 2nd place with a migraine coming on. Got the hell out of there quick and came back over later that night before darkness set in. Found it at the edge of the woods were I had taken a free drop for drainage ditch.

Had a 120 person tournament today and there were four irons, two sets of keys, a wallet, a money clip, a phone and two towels left behind.

I have, knock on wood, never left anything or lost anything at a course. I imagine if I ever do it will have to be alcohol related. I'm incredibly particular about everything being in its place, so even the couple of times I've left a club by a green or something I've immediately noticed it missing from my bag.

I lost my favorite sunglasses (left them in the cart) and a golf towel (somewhere on the course) at my first THP event in OC.

I've lost:
50* raw vokey wedge
Divot tool from a course I played in Ireland (2 weeks ago!) - was pretty bummed.

Misplaced but was returned:
Tm 3h headcover - (more than 10 times) hoping to find a cool replacement while I'm in Hawaii
Sunglasses

However, the one that annoys me the most is when I was playing a course called wild turkey at the crystal springs resort in NJ....I strapped my g-shock watch to the steering wheel and when I got to the entrance noticed I forgot it....drove back and asked if they had grabbed it. The guy that took my cart said he didn't. I had a few choice words for him......

As for items I've found:
Rangefinder, wedges, a 7i in the woods, headcovers and a wallet. I always return them to the cart girl or to the pro shop.

Played a course once where the cart girl kept a basket of items found that day.

After losing my phone on the course (and of course having it on vibrate made it almost impossible to find) has changed my policy on the ringer. It may be annoying, but I don't turn it off anymore. Luckily, I realized it was gone, and had an idea of where it fell out, because there was a real bumpy patch I went over....so I retraced my steps and found it. It also made me realize I need to back up more often. I had about 2 years worth of unbacked photos, videos of my kids on there.

Lost a headcover yesterday but someone turned it in. I found a ping wedge on the 9th green which I also turned in.

I dont usually leave things...but I think I put my driver in the bag, then took off in the cart with the cover laying on top of the bag, and the cover must have blown off the back.

my buddy bought me a mickey mouse ball marker from disney world in florida. I loaned it to my 5 year old son and he dropped it while on the course and didnt say anything for a few holes. we never found it. You can only get those things in the store at the disney golf course. My son was heartbroken!

left sunglasses in the golf cart cubby hole. gone.

left a club on a green and my buddies in the group picked it up. I didn't notice and they didn't say anything. two weeks later they gave it to the guy I had borrowed it from. OUCH! that was embarrassing.

I'm typically very mindful to make sure I have everything, but I got to a green this past weekend and realized my ball marker was not in my pocket. To make matters worse, it was my Hideaway poker chip. Luckily the group behind us picked it up on the previous hole and had it for when I swung back to check.

lost a ton of stuff on course.

almost lost my phone when I fell in the water

lost a ton of stuff on course.

almost lost my phone when I fell in the water

Ooh...to reverse an old phrase that would be adding injury to insult.

Between my ridiculous willingness to hit stupid shots and my predilection for finding myself in/near water it's a dang miracle I've never fallen in. I've come close, but it hasn't happened yet.

The only thing I tend to leave behind and lose are golf towels I use to clean my ball on the putting green. I once thought I had lost my putter cover and went back and looked where I thought I had left it and even had one of the workers keep an eye out for it. Several holes later my golfing buddy told me to check my back pocket and there it was. At least I know the guys I play with aren't gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) as no one is constantly checking out my butt. :)

I have found tons of stuff while playing and always turn everything in.

The only thing I have "Lost" was a magnetic ball marker that came off my hat when it blew off in the wind a couple of years ago.
That marker meant quite a bit to me and my buddies knew it, so we let 2 groups play through us while we searched the grass for the marker.
The hat blew off less than 50 feet from the green where I had just used it. But sadly, we could not find it.

I did leave my 1 month old Maui Jim sunglasses in a rental cart, but luckily when I realized I had done that, I called the pro shop the next day and they had them.
The course was almost 90 miles away and they graciously boxed them up and shipped them to me overnight....on their dime. Thanks Circling Raven GC !!

Earlier this year I left my entire bag on the back of the cart and drove all the way home before realizing it.

I took my buddy out to his truck and he put his clubs away. I then drove back to the club house, jumped out of the cart, ran the key in and walked out the front exit leaving my clubs on the cart.

I didn't even realize it until I got home and.... No clubs. Doh!

Thankfully the course is only 10 minutes from my house.

Not totally sure that I have forgotten them on course, but just in the past 2 years I have lost my favorite Club Glove towel, and a really nice rain jacket.

This season, a Scotty headcover was lost but thankfully recovered, as well as 2 wedges, and a driver (that were all found).

What have I found? Not much, maybe 3 irons, one jacket, and half a dozen headcovers.

Losing ones mind.....

Losing ones mind.....

I've nearly lost my mind several times on the course. You know how to play a shot, but you don't! Yet, I'm always looking towards the next round. My playing partner (wife) says I've got to give ya credit. If I played like you did, I'd take up knitting! LOL

My Albatross coin was lost on the course a few weeks back. Had it in my pocket, sat down in cart and evidently it slid right out of my pocket. Looked everywhere when I realized it was gone but alas...nadda.

Have left a PW near the green that wasn't turned in. Beyond that haven't had too many things disappear.

Lost my brand new Reks sunglasses somewhere on 17 or 18 :(

Yesterday I left my entire bag on the club cart I was using. Didn't even realize it until i looked in my back seat a few hours later. Needless to say, I nearly had a heart attack.

Luckily they had it set aside for me. I don't even know what I would have done had it been stolen.

The other side of lost is Found.

Found a cell phone today under a pine tree in the rough as I was walking to my drive on 16 at about 5 pm. Screen was wet from sitting face down, but it worked.

Owner had AT&T disable the phone - smart move.

Not so smart move - no security. One screen swipe and I had access to contacts, messages, and Settings. I got the number in Settings, but made a quick pass through Contacts in search of something like Home, Work, etc. That's when I found Mom.

Mom was in New Jersey, but I called and left a voice mail identifying myself, how I knew her child's phone number, and how to retrieve the phone. I turned it in at the Pro Shop and a manager came in as I was walking out. He asked me if he could help me, which prompted him to ask me to describe the phone. He said, " I know exactly whose phone that is. Where'd you find it?"

"On 16."

"Where?"

"In the rough."

"Yeah, but WHERE?"

"In the right rough, under a small pine, as I was walking to my drive."

He laughed. "I'm sorry, but the guy spent most of yesterday looking for it. He left his wife's number to call if anyone found it."

If you do ANYTHING on your phone other than make calls - and even then - please put some kind of security lock on it. Had I not been a good guy, things could have been problematic for the owner.

Back