Leaving or even worse losing things on the course

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
we have a thread for forgetting to bring things with us. But how about things you left or perhaps even lost :( on the course. Im certain there been plenty clubs lost. For me its mostly been head covers. But on 2 occasions it was a phone. And this was at the times where no such thing as phone location. And ringer set to a lowest volume.

I (on both occasions) after the rounds had to go back to where the last time I recalled knowing to have had my phone and then try to retrace all steps from that point. Talk about replaying a round in your head..lol

Anyway I did actually and amazingly find the phones on both occasions. I was amazed I was able to retrace my steps, and recall where I took shots from well enough to actually then find the phones both times.

But anyway its one thing to forget something at home where as at least you know where it is. Losing something is quite a different feeling. I mean at least you can go back home and know you still have your item. Losing it on the course is well.....its lost. Its much more an unhappy feeling and honestly a bit unsettling as you try to continue to play your round knowing full well you may have lost something important enough and of value enough. It can bum you out.

On one other occasion I left my cover for my brand new ( at the time) 3w on the tee box a couple/few holes back. I was 100% certain where it was exactly. I went back and it wasn't there and worst part is no one from the only 2 or 3 groups behind me owned up to finding it and probably bagging it. that bummed me out cause they had to have grabbed it. There was no way you couldn't have seen it.

One of those crazy squirrels at Caladonia still has my rangefinder from the cup.

man we had a search party looking for that one, I swear the squirrel took it and ran up a tree

Somewhere on a golf course I lost my original wedding ring 17 years ago. I threw it in the front pocket of my bag and never saw it again. My wife was very understanding.

Lost my car keys once. Thankfully I found them after they fell out of an unzipped pocket in my bag while I was walking.

Since then I leave them in my pocket. I've gotten used to having them there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Hideaway hybrid headcover. Still makes me weep to this day. Some jerk decided they liked it and didn't turn it in. It's been over a year and I'm adamant that I will find it, one day.

I was on the range once and put my rangefinder in my bag but forgot to zip up the pocket. It fell out on the way to my car but t I didn't realize it until I got home. I went back and it was nowhere to be seen. I checked wit the pro hop and someone had turned it in. I only had it for less than a week and was really bummed until I got it back from the pro shop. It gave me some hope for our future that someone
would turn in a brand new $350 rangefinder.

I just lost a GPS not along, was walking on a crowded course so going back would have been a pain so I left it.

The thing wasn't working well anyway, battery was losing it's juice too quick.

Magnetic cigar holders,three of them. Left them stuck to the cart. Recovered one a month later.

Although a small inexpensive item, I left behind a pitch mark repair tool that I loved that I got from a course in Arizona. It was heavy duty. I have tried to find one like it and even called the course to see if they still had that type ( Years later ) and they didn't. I'm still bummed about it several years after I lost it.

Puma Soundchuck from the MC14 taken off my cart while in the clubhouse at another THP event. Still bummed about that one.

Lost my car keys once. Thankfully I found them after they fell out of an unzipped pocket in my bag while I was walking.

Since then I leave them in my pocket. I've gotten used to having them there now.

I just leave my car keys in my car now.

I've lost my phone more times than I care to admit. Luckily I've been able to find it every time. One time it got dangerously close to a mower.

Lost my car keys and had to call my dad to drive us home. My wife and others weren't home at the time as they were away too.

Luckily the keys were found the next day

What surprises me more than the things that people leave in their golf carts are the number of people who never come back looking for them. I found2 mens watches left in carts on separate occasions over the last couple of months and they're still sitting in the pro shop. I looked up the values online and both are over $500 watches (unless they're knockoff, which I highly doubt). I know nobody is going to call for them now so now the game starts of watching to see when they disappear from lost and found and when the employees inside start wearing them.

People are forever leaving behind wireless speakers, range finders, and sunglasses. You could probably go into any golf shop and say you were golfing there last week and left your Bushnell rangefinder and did anyone turn it in and walk out with one. We have at least 10 range finders that never got picked up. Weirdest of all is the collection of cell phones. If I lost my phone I'd go out of my mind. My guys find them in carts and return to the pro shop and now there are at least a half dozen. I have 3 huge bins of head covers including at least 5 Scotty Cameron putter covers.

I'm not saying people don't come back looking for things but it amazes the amount of things they just never call back about.

Don't even get me started about the amount of Ray Bans and Oakley's we find!

we have a thread for forgetting to bring things with us. But how about things you left or perhaps even lost :( on the course. Im certain there been plenty clubs lost. For me its mostly been head covers. But on 2 occasions it was a phone. And this was at the times where no such thing as phone location. And ringer set to a lowest volume.

I've lost my phone more times than I care to admit. Luckily I've been able to find it every time. One time it got dangerously close to a mower.

RE: Losing a phone. All the more reason to listen to music on the course. You stop hearing music, and you realize your phone is no longer there. That actually happened to me once. Someone else had the cart as I walked ahead and when they came to pick me up there was no music. So we drove back to where they hit their shot and my phone was on the ground.

Actually that is more reason to get a phone holder to attach to the golf cart frame!

What surprises me more than the things that people leave in their golf carts are the number of people who never come back looking for them. I found2 mens watches left in carts on separate occasions over the last couple of months and they're still sitting in the pro shop. I looked up the values online and both are over $500 watches (unless they're knockoff, which I highly doubt). I know nobody is going to call for them now so now the game starts of watching to see when they disappear from lost and found and when the employees inside start wearing them.

People are forever leaving behind wireless speakers, range finders, and sunglasses. You could probably go into any golf shop and say you were golfing there last week and left your Bushnell rangefinder and did anyone turn it in and walk out with one. We have at least 10 range finders that never got picked up. Weirdest of all is the collection of cell phones. If I lost my phone I'd go out of my mind. My guys find them in carts and return to the pro shop and now there are at least a half dozen. I have 3 huge bins of head covers including at least 5 Scotty Cameron putter covers.

I'm not saying people don't come back looking for things but it amazes the amount of things they just never call back about.

Don't even get me started about the amount of Ray Bans and Oakley's we find!

At some point they have to notice they are missing something! Whenever someone comes in after their round looking for something, I have them write their contact information and exactly what they lost so when it does get turned in we can call them and let them know. Otherwise it just goes in with all the other stuff that got turned in.

ALWAYS give the course a way to get hold of you!

I left a few clubs on the course early on in my playing experience, never got it back. Nowadays unless it's a brand new clubs people return them at the pro shop. Since then I've developed a habit of announcing "club" when I see one around the green.

Head covers are another story, I lost quite a few and never got it back. The recent lost item for me was the range finder holder that attaches to the cart. Ended up having to order another one. Now I dissemble it on the 18th fairway after my last approach shot.

i picked up plenty of clubs and always turn it in. In general, I hate swinging strangers' clubs especially drivers, it's disgusting with all the sweats building up on the grips. I change mine every 3-4 months.

I once lost my Oakley's on the course. Once I realized what I had done, I back tracked and talked to each of the groups behind and NONE of them had seen them. It was the course I was an Assistant Pro at, and they never got turned in at the shop. Crazy thing was, I'm pretty sure I saw a guy I noticed from the course wearing them in a class I was taking while at K-State, but what can I saw at that point as it was a few months later.

At some point they have to notice they are missing something! Whenever someone comes in after their round looking for something, I have them write their contact information and exactly what they lost so when it does get turned in we can call them and let them know. Otherwise it just goes in with all the other stuff that got turned in.

ALWAYS give the course a way to get hold of you!

I'm talking about the people who don't ever come into the pro shop or call looking for items. We have guys leave names and numbers all the time, usually for blue tooth speakers. We had an outing a few weeks ago and we found 3 Bose mini speakers. My guys may not be the best at turning in stuff so I was glad that I looked through the carts and found and returned them. All 3 got called about later in the day.

I suggested a change to the lost and found where whoever turns it in has their name attached to it and after a certain amount of day(30,60,90)? if not picked up it will go to them. They shouldn't need incentive but unfortunately some do and I think it will help with the amount of things turned in and it also empties out the lost and found cabinet. I told them there should also be a log in the computer of items in lost and found as an easy way of checking to see if we have it. With 4 or 5 guys working in the shop at different days/times not everybody sees what gets turned in. A quick check of the log will tell them what we have. Right no everything is just thrown into a random cabinet.

I once lost my Oakley's on the course. Once I realized what I had done, I back tracked and talked to each of the groups behind and NONE of them had seen them. It was the course I was an Assistant Pro at, and they never got turned in at the shop. Crazy thing was, I'm pretty sure I saw a guy I noticed from the course wearing them in a class I was taking while at K-State, but what can I saw at that point as it was a few months later.

Everyone who works at the course, from the head pro all the way down to the girl who waters the flowers has Oakley's or Ray Bans. I'm sure most don't make the money to afford to buy a pair on their own. Thanks for your donation, lol!

Over 20 years ago I lost my wedding ring on the course (sweaty hands and the ring must have come off as I was drying them). I got a call later in the afternoon that someone had found it and turned it in, without leaving their name or contact info. Restored my faith in human nature.

Somewhere on a golf course I lost my original wedding ring 17 years ago. I threw it in the front pocket of my bag and never saw it again. My wife was very understanding.

I lost a wedding ring on the course once too. It was (stupidly) in my pocket. My friend took a sharp turn while driving the cart and I fell out the side and rolled. It wasn't until the end of the round that I realized my ring fell out. Went back to search for it, but couldn't find it in the fairway (duh).

Amazingly, the clubhouse called a week later and said someone had turned it in! I couldn't believe it. I wear my ring during all rounds now.

Car keys long before the days of Uber and about 90 miles from home. That was a fun 2 days

Back