Northern California Get Together?

Welcome to the neighborhood, rev!

Northern California Get Together?

Going to check again it both times I looked this week they had nothing before 12:30.

If I can get something with a decent time will book it and let you know.

Eddie, would love to head to Monterey but playing with some college buddies Sunday morning. Have fun over there!

Roger
12:30 is way later than I want to play it will be blazing in those hills. If it does not work this time we can try in July

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awfully quiet in this thread lately. Anything going on any time soon? Would like to golf a round some time with you guys.

It's going down every Saturday in Fresno! :) Just a busy year for me. In the middle of building a house which is kind of sucking my golf travel budget dry. Just sticking to my he club for the most part, but as always, anyone who wants to make a fresno run os welcome to join me for a round.

I'd still like to see the Nor Cal/So Cal battle...

Agreed. The "California Cup" definitely needs to happen.

From what I remember from a few months ago, there was a lot of interest from people. It's just a matter of pulling the trigger, eh?

I tried a couple of times to get something going and just never got much interest in it. Maybe it's me?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I still say So Cal/NorCal people should meet up in Paso Robles. Play at Hunter Ranch (a 2 day Fun tourney) (You NorCal folks wear your Giants/A's hats and we wear Doyers/Angels hats)... I don't know... I'm just throwing things out there.

I think a day at Hunter's Ranch and a day at Monarch Dunes would be cool

I think that would be awesome. My schedule for the next 8 weeks or so is hectic (ending with the Gauntlet), but late September on I would definitely get down there for this.

Let's set a date and start getting people lined up! I will help with logistics and what not, but we need to get a weekend picked out and try to get what, at least 8 from each area?

Let's get this thread active again!

I still say So Cal/NorCal people should meet up in Paso Robles. Play at Hunter Ranch (a 2 day Fun tourney) (You NorCal folks wear your Giants/A's hats and we wear Doyers/Angels hats)... I don't know... I'm just throwing things out there.

I think that would be awesome. My schedule for the next 8 weeks or so is hectic (ending with the Gauntlet), but late September on I would definitely get down there for this.

Let's set a date and start getting people lined up! I will help with logistics and what not, but we need to get a weekend picked out and try to get what, at least 8 from each area?

I think we need to create a separate thread for this SoCal/NorCal get together.

I think we need to create a separate thread for this SoCal/NorCal get together.

That is a great idea, and makes perfect sense.

Why don't we shoot for October. See about playing Hunter's Ranch on a Saturday, head down to Pismo to stay over and play Monarch Dunes early Sunday. Maybe eat at Jockos Saturday night. I am sure the Heez and Schanker would be interested.

Oh I am definitely interested! Late September/early October is a great time on the coast. I'm happy to help get things set up with the courses and I think Hunter and Monarch are two of the best choices. I'd say we could do the challenge with as few as 4 players a side, but shoot for more obviously.

Wonton, my only question is, can I wear my Angels hat and still be on the NorCal team? I'm a lost SoCal boy.

Oh I am definitely interested! Late September/early October is a great time on the coast. I'm happy to help get things set up with the courses and I think Hunter and Monarch are two of the best choices. I'd say we could do the challenge with as few as 4 players a side, but shoot for more obviously.

Wonton, my only question is, can I wear my Angels hat and still be on the NorCal team? I'm a lost SoCal boy.

Yeah, I would be wearing a Doyer hat as I grew up with Fernandomania.

4 a side would work, I think best thing would be to aim small and then add guys as we get confirmations.

I would definitely be up for playing.

Agreed. The "California Cup" definitely needs to happen.

I'm game for that!

I tried a couple of times to get something going and just never got much interest in it. Maybe it's me?

What can I do to help?

Sounds Awesome!

Let's do it! I'm in unless it's the weekend I'm attending the Up and Down event with Cleveland. (I know the contest hasn't started yet... I just have high hopes LOL)

Giants, Niners, or Warriors hat for me lol... Depending on the date I can do one day. My baby girl's one month old now... Tough to leave the Mrs at home with both kiddies.

I might be in depending on the date. Hunters Ranch is about 2 hours and 15 minutes away for me.

I think it's a minimum of 2 hours for most of us...except of The Heez.

I'm telling ya though, you haven't had a steak until you've had one at Jockos. Worth going to the central coast just for that.

For me it is roughly 3 hours to hunters ranch.

We need to get a date set and start doing this thing!

I've contacted the two courses and am waiting to hear back from Monarch. Hunter we would have an aerification schedule to contend with in early October so that might narrow down our weekends. I'll also check in with another course close to Monarch, Cypress Ridge. Once I know a little more I will create a new thread and we can make it happen!

I'm creating a Nor Cal/So Cal Thread right now. Wait for it...

Back