Ping G30 LS Tec Driver - Review Thread

I picked up LST 9 degree the other day. I always hit it well at the demo days. ordered the stock shaft in X. I step up on the first tee 375 yard hole. Take the plastic off the head and put a good swing on it. Nice draw, ( left the loft at 9 degrees even though at the demo days I was at 10 degrees). So I say to myself, this should be a good test actually because I hit it good, the hole is flat so I know where my old driver would be with the same hit. Instead of having 90-100 yards in, I had 45. yes... 45 yards to the middle.

I really haven't had my swing the past week, even though I did on that one, so the rest of the day was meh swings BUT... the ball found the fairway or just into the rough and was everybit as long with a not so great hit as my previous driver was a good belt.

I get to another straight out par 4 of 420 yards. A good drive usually leaves me 130 in. I caught one a bit low on the face and had 100 in.

Fixed my swing last night so I can't wait to see what this thing really does. Gonna be fun to toy with the loft as well.

Spoke to Ping last night. Told me to take the club to any authorized retailer and they will take care of it. Took the driver to golf galaxy and I should have a new shaft within a week. Not too bad in the end.

Accuracy and Distance of the Ping G30 LST

Accuracy and Distance of the Ping G30 LST

I was away for a few days with work but managed to sneak in 9. Ended up an executive par 29 course. Driver was in the bag just because I was in a hurry to get out.

I come to the last hole, par 4 dogleg left 253 yards. Didn't pay much attention but just right and behind the green was the putting green and behind that, the pro shop. Figured what the hell, maybe aim at the shack/proshop and draw it....see where it ends up.

Well this thing does like to go straight...I go up and I'm looking around. Guy is standing in front of the proshopq says to me what are u playing? I said titleist 3....He said " nice shot, you hit me in the shoulder while I was behind the counter."

Now that is distance and accuracy.

I approve this message.

One week later, I have a new shaft for my driver. Ready for pickup today. Might have to get to the range to take some swings after our soccer match.

Just an update after not posting for a while. Still loving this club. I'm still fighting my swing improvements (why do I love the reverse pivot so much?), but good swings are rewarded big time. My round last Tuesday was filled with great drives. Today was not so bad either.

Well this sucks
ec73219b77f82e15aafbfbf315eb8a1c.jpg

Nothing a little duct tape and gorilla glue can't fix!! :act-up:

Big thing I noticed with this driver is how the wind doesn't touch it. I played today and it was windy. U would never know it by watching the ballflight. Into the wind I was looking for the ball and found it up where a non wind drive would be. Crosswind, held its line.

My old RBZ Tour head was great but with the higher spin the wind could move the ball on me.

This is possibly the most forgiving driver I have ever owned.
I continue to be amazed where the ball ends up even when you hit it all over the face.
Can't say much more about it than that.
Bombs off the sweet spot and respectable results from almost anywhere else on the clubface.

Very interesting stuff. Glad it's working for you. Speaking with PING they tend to refer to this model as their least forgiving in the lineup. Generally speaking.

Then their other models must just be ridiculously forgiving!

Very interesting stuff. Glad it's working for you. Speaking with PING they tend to refer to this model as their least forgiving in the lineup. Generally speaking.
Yeah, while the forgiveness is up there, I'd find it hard to believe it is the most forgiving, even in this lineup.

Yeah, while the forgiveness is up there, I'd find it hard to believe it is the most forgiving, even in this lineup.

Ill be honest and say in my testing, I actually saw a pretty big drop off in ball speed when missing the center. Similar to the JetSpeed and makes sense considering weight placement. Glad to see Ping has multiple options, and released the three drivers in a few month window, because having choices for people is a good thing.

Ill be honest and say in my testing, I actually saw a pretty big drop off in ball speed when missing the center. Similar to the JetSpeed and makes sense considering weight placement. Glad to see Ping has multiple options, and released the three drivers in a few month window, because having choices for people is a good thing.

The more I think of it, the more I like how they did it. 3 variations of the G30.

The more I think of it, the more I like how they did it. 3 variations of the G30.

And its 3 different drivers. Im trying to figure it out though, because there is a method to their madness in terms of sales counts.
I like lots of releases. Im still unsure how I feel about 3 releases of the same product spread that far out though. If you want to call it the same name, and count it as the same in counts, I think you should have to release at the same time.

Just my thoughts though.

I've never gotten data on mishits, but I can see it and feel it. I've been missing the center of the face recently, and the results are not good. Played 9 today and missed right each time.

As I've said before, this is an issue with me...not the club. That being said, I could probably get more help from something more forgiving.

Good to know, thanks Josh. Still ended up being the best performer for me even against more forgiving options, which is why so many options is a good thing!

Good to know, thanks Josh. Still ended up being the best performer for me even against more forgiving options, which is why so many options is a good thing!

Nailed it buddy. Choices + Open Mind = Great For Golfers

Nailed it buddy. Choices + Open Mind = Great For Golfers
I was honestly surprised when I saw the data, but numbers don't lie.

I noticed this same issue when I tested this driver on a LM against a few others when making my decision on which head I wanted for the PX event.

I will say that the 10.5* non LS gave me better ball speed numbers including mis hits than my LS did. I just got better overall distance with the LS using the stock shaft. Not to say that a lower spin shaft in the non LS couldn't have given me even better numbers. I just didn't have a different shaft at the time to try out. I can honestly say that I have never been more consistent with driver than I am right now. Even when I really go after one, I know I will be playable. That is a huge confidence boost for me.

I continue to find good success with this driver in the bag. I hit the longest drive I've ever had last night, with high ball flight.

Recently, I'm having issues finding the sweet spot with thus driver. Going to take a lesson and try to get this straightened out. Hope.I can, because I'm starting to get tempted to try a Big Bertha Alpha from CPO.

I'll throw this out there in the thread. If anyone who has the 10.5 would rather have the 9 degree, shoot me a message. I've had mine a month, love it...I hit it best at 10 degrees so if I can help someone out, let me know. Mine is mint, I don't sole the club. We can just swap heads.

I'll post in the trade forum when I'm not using my phone to post.

Back