2-man teams what order do you prefer

2-man teams what order do you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I prefer to go first. My strength is getting tee balls in the fairway. If I do my job, my partner is relaxed and can swing freely. The only exception might be alternate shot depending on the course and hole layout. A different strategy could be required there.

I enjoy playing first, but at the same time can be fluid based on hole set up, etc.

If my partner is longer than me, I like to go first, put one in the fairway and let him take a rip at it.

2 man team play is my favorite golf. I usually play with the same partner and I hit first. The strength of my game is getting off the tee and since my golfing partner is 25 years younger than me it allows him to bomb it. We have won a couple of local 2 man tournaments. Our best score was 11 under in a two man scramble at our local course. We couldn't miss that day!!! Fun Golf!!!

I've always played second. I'm only of average length off the tee for my index but if needed I can almost always find the middle of the fairway 250+ yards out with my fairway wood if my partner hits a crooked one. My tee ball has always been the best part of my game.

It all comes down to my partner. I'm comfortable being the "put it in play" guy just as much as the "grip and rip" or "PLEASE don't let us get a penalty stroke" guy. The guy I play most regularly with in tournaments likes to hit first, so I usually bring up the rear.

I'll go with what ever my partner prefers,

I put depends on partner. I would generally be much better going first on tee shots as I am short, but in a high percentage of fairways, I did play in a 2 man charity scramble a couple of years back with a friend on his invite. I hit first on a 170 yd par 3 and was pin high on the fringe, he stepped up and promptly swung and completely whiffed the ball (it was not his only whiff of the day). Turned out that he had only been on a course twice before so I let him hit first the rest of the day. His putting was pretty much like his full swing so the only putts he made were when I had putted the ball close and I had him putt the ball in. Lesson learned, I still prefer to go first but I will go second when the situation dictates. lol

I voted to tee off first, just because off the tee I am not long, but find the fairway often, and 90% of the time my partner will be longer than me. This gives him a chance to go after one.

I picked depends on partner. If partner is longer with equal or better dispersion, I prefer to go first. If partner is longer but they can get away from them fairly often, I prefer them to hit first to see what I need to do. Prefer not to automatically default to the safe shot to start things off. Could leave a lot of longer approach shots and less scoring opportunities if the 2nd guy gets wild.

Similar to me. If partner skills are unknown to me will talk it over with him/her and let it play out over a few holes. At Pitt invitational jdtox and I had similar games and distances and I took a conservative approach to the course after playing it the day before so I teed off first and let him have a go at some holes.

Typically, no make that almost always, in team events I hit first. My partners know that I am not going to hit the massive drive, my job is to put a ball safely in play. I also like it because in team play, I do not handle the pressure well and going first somewhat relieves the pressure. I can be like a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Fortunately, especially is a scramble format, by two or three holes, my partner will say thank God you made that drive or sunk that putt and then I relax and we are off to the races.

A couple of years ago, in a Florida scramble, I was partnered with a young buck that could literally hit the 300 yard drives. It was a great day; it was like being the Starship Enterprise because I was in places I had never been before. Our gross score beat the low net.

These are the pairing for round one of #thethpkickoffclassic I wonder how they will strategize and what order they will use.

Round 1 Matchup

Front 9 - Shamble
Back 9 - Pinehurst

Chump Fries & Johnny Mojo
Amsmith61 & OITW

Soxfan & Jhoefer99
War Eagle & #Cookie

Brianmk24 & tanker337
mmaynard11 & Icey Shanks

Jeff Spicoli & DawgDaddy
mikedean441 & Tadashi70

e1iterate & JohnSinVA
Girardcorp and Willwhite

cpljohnst & T0AD
dhartmann34 & Just_Hacking

These are the pairing for round one of #thethpkickoffclassic I wonder how they will strategize and what order they will use.

Round 1 Matchup

Front 9 - Shamble
Back 9 - Pinehurst

Chump Fries & Johnny Mojo
Amsmith61 & OITW

Soxfan & Jhoefer99
War Eagle & #Cookie

Brianmk24 & tanker337
mmaynard11 & Icey Shanks

Jeff Spicoli & DawgDaddy
mikedean441 & Tadashi70

e1iterate & JohnSinVA
Girardcorp and Willwhite

cpljohnst & T0AD
dhartmann34 & Just_Hacking

I have an idea on several of these but it will be interesting to see how close I am and how they strategize.

Looking forward to strategizing with War Eagle on our plan. I would have to think he is still a bit longer than me off the tee so that will come into play. Haven't seen him play in almost 2 years now so need the scoop on his game....and his match tomorrow with JB will be telling.

Looking forward to strategizing with War Eagle on our plan. I would have to think he is still a bit longer than me off the tee so that will come into play. Haven't seen him play in almost 2 years now so need the scoop on his game....and his match tomorrow with JB will be telling.
We will strategize, but my game is pretty close to what you remember. Just need to tighten up my short wedge shots.

Back