XXIO 9 Driver - THP Review Thread

Hit this last night during my sim league. Alternated during the range time with this and my GBB. This one sets up differently shape wise for me, but I like it. Swings both good and bad are just rewarded very nicely with this club. I have to think that is partially due to the face cup tech that is employed here. Shots that were squared up were very strong in distance, easily going toe to toe and at times longer than my current gamer.

ddec - you haven't hit the XXIO 8 at all, by any chance? I'm intrigued by a comparison, since they're closing out XXIO 8 drivers at the local shop, and They're at the price of a "normal" driver.

I don't have a comparison to the 9 but I have hit the 8. It has a high but not ballooning flight. The head is pretty forgiving from my demo with it in April where I had a little ott going and what would have been a slice with most drivers was a baby fade with this. My SS is in the 98-102 range

My buddy who has a SS in the 105+ range was able to hit the 8 with no issues and was seeing an increased carry distance on gc2 compared to the z545 he was playing

ddec - you haven't hit the XXIO 8 at all, by any chance? I'm intrigued by a comparison, since they're closing out XXIO 8 drivers at the local shop, and They're at the price of a "normal" driver.[/QUOTE

why don`t you ask for a test and see if you like it. I have the XXIO 8 and the great big bertha and the XXIO is in the bag for now as i am hitting it further and better than the bertha. I did notice even though its only a 10.5 head it does launch higher for me than my bertha which is set to 11.5. It is not a balooning flight and i seem to get more carry. It does make a great sound when hit on the screws.

ddec - you haven't hit the XXIO 8 at all, by any chance? I'm intrigued by a comparison, since they're closing out XXIO 8 drivers at the local shop, and They're at the price of a "normal" driver.

Unfortunately that is one that I did not swing.

Had nerfny hit this driver the other day on the LM. The numbers she saw were pretty impressive. Ball Speed, SS, Carry all went up over her gamer which she was fit for a few years ago. Very impressive stuff from this driver head.

It seems to be a trend

Hit this last night during my sim league. Alternated during the range time with this and my GBB. This one sets up differently shape wise for me, but I like it. Swings both good and bad are just rewarded very nicely with this club. I have to think that is partially due to the face cup tech that is employed here. Shots that were squared up were very strong in distance, easily going toe to toe and at times longer than my current gamer.

Sounds like we need a 9 vs Prime showdown in April at ClubClash?

I mean check these numbers out.

ec73edbebf42641d1babb07bdff6d1ff.jpg

One big battle royal.

dang, bombed would have beat me on 10 of 12 drives yesterday lol

dang, bombed would have beat me on 10 of 12 drives yesterday lol

lol that ball took off like a rocket. I couldn't wait to see the numbers when I saw the flight.

Does the Prime have the same crown coloring? That really looks cool. For $150 less, the XXIO9 might be more doable than the Prime. I am curious about performance differences between the two.

Does the Prime have the same crown coloring? That really looks cool. For $150 less, the XXIO9 might be more doable than the Prime. I am curious about performance differences between the two.

no sir, the prime is just a glossy black

crown coloring is different on this one. If I recall the Prime is more one solid color. But I haven't had it in hand since the first weekend in November. I remember it being super easy to hit, just like this. Numbers wise, I don't have both to compare. But I know THPers got a chance with it during the Live Testing this past weekend so their should be some good thoughts on it either out there now, or coming real soon.

441, did you hit both on Saturday, or have you hit both? If so, was Prime worth the extra $?

No sir, JB did not have the 9 and I havent hit it yet.

We should be able to get you some precise side by sides at Club Clash for sure

ddec - you haven't hit the XXIO 8 at all, by any chance? I'm intrigued by a comparison, since they're closing out XXIO 8 drivers at the local shop, and They're at the price of a "normal" driver.[/QUOTE

why don`t you ask for a test and see if you like it. I have the XXIO 8 and the great big bertha and the XXIO is in the bag for now as i am hitting it further and better than the bertha. I did notice even though its only a 10.5 head it does launch higher for me than my bertha which is set to 11.5. It is not a balooning flight and i seem to get more carry. It does make a great sound when hit on the screws.

Chas, There are some XXIO8s on eBay for $299-$310 both 10.5 and 11.5 with regular shaft. I am wondering if the 11.5 might launch too high. I usually use a 12 degree. None of my local shops have them to try but I am really tempted to take a chance.

Chas, There are some XXIO8s on eBay for $299-$310 both 10.5 and 11.5 with regular shaft. I am wondering if the 11.5 might launch too high. I usually use a 12 degree. None of my local shops have them to try but I am really tempted to take a chance.

i think the 10.5 will be fine, I thought the same as you, but with my tests it launches higher and stays in the air longer than my great big Bertha which is set to 12.5 and I have a tendency to hit down with my driver and it still gets up there.

Last edited:
There are a couple of XXIO 8 drivers for $300 on eBay (legit sellers). I use a 12 degree, senior shaft driver now. Wondering if the 11.5 degree regular shaft would be a good fit or a 9.5 degree with stiff shaft. From what I have read, the shafts in these are on the soft side. ddec and chas: Any thoughts on this?

There are a couple of XXIO 8 drivers for $300 on eBay (legit sellers). I use a 12 degree, senior shaft driver now. Wondering if the 11.5 degree regular shaft would be a good fit or a 9.5 degree with stiff shaft. From what I have read, the shafts in these are on the soft side. ddec and chas: Any thoughts on this?
I think the regular shaft will play closest to a senior flex. As for loft I have the 10.5° and I noticed it launches higher than my Bertha which is set to 12.5°. I think the weight is low and back in these drivers so getting the ball in the air is not a problem. I think the 10.5° should be fine unless you have a low ball flight with your current gamer.

I think the regular shaft will play closest to a senior flex. As for loft I have the 10.5° and I noticed it launches higher than my Bertha which is set to 12.5°. I think the weight is low and back in these drivers so getting the ball in the air is not a problem. I think the 10.5° should be fine unless you have a low ball flight with your current gamer.

Thanks chas. I am thinking 11.5 is going to be too much loft since I have pretty high ball flight now. I will keep watching on eBay.

Thanks chas. I am thinking 11.5 is going to be too much loft since I have pretty high ball flight now. I will keep watching on eBay.

If that's the case then the 10.5° will be fine

Another XXIO product that I'm drooling over. Let's bring those reviews on.

Another XXIO product that I'm drooling over. Let's bring those reviews on.

Spoke to Adam Sheldon a lot about this one this past week both at the show and over drinks. They are really proud of the release.

Spoke to Adam Sheldon a lot about this one this past week both at the show and over drinks. They are really proud of the release.
Thanks JB. It really does look like a winner and super interested in the entire product lineup.

Thanks JB. It really does look like a winner and super interested in the entire product lineup.
Best looking crown on the market. Completely confirmed after seeing everything last week

Back