I hate wrinkles too, bad! I have had something occur in the past with polyester golf shirts that I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong and how to prevent it. You ever like permanently wrinkle a shirt? I've washed/dried my shirts previously no wrinkles, only to pull them out of the dryer with a bunch of wrinkles and a rewash/re-dry doesn't fix it AND it's hard to iron the wrinkles out. After several washes the wrinkles will eventually get better, but what does this? My theory is that I've got my dryer temp too high when this happens, true???

Could be that, could be washing it hot. Could be anything.
I was all golf apparel on delicate.
Try using a steamer to get them out, or take it to a dry cleaner.

I usually don't like wrinkles, but I'll go with it when I travel unless I need to look professional for something.

I am kind of surprised at how casual I am about it, actually.

Could be that, could be washing it hot. Could be anything.
I was all golf apparel on delicate.
Try using a steamer to get them out, or take it to a dry cleaner.
I have started washing mine on delicate as well, and only air drying and that seems to help. I suppose just throwing 1 huge load of laundry in all together and not separating and being aware of what I'm doing might be part of it too! I think I'm going to look into getting a steamer, good call!

Sorry but the military burned me out when it comes to ironing. Bring on the wrinkles!

I hate wrinkles too, bad! I have had something occur in the past with polyester golf shirts that I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong and how to prevent it. You ever like permanently wrinkle a shirt? I've washed/dried my shirts previously no wrinkles, only to pull them out of the dryer with a bunch of wrinkles and a rewash/re-dry doesn't fix it AND it's hard to iron the wrinkles out. After several washes the wrinkles will eventually get better, but what does this? My theory is that I've got my dryer temp too high when this happens, true???

Along with the other ideas, you might have too many clothes in the load. The wet weight can push against each other and create all the folds. Also, don't let them sit in the washer or the dryer. Quick to dryer and quick to hanger/folding.

I do all the laundry in our House for that reason. I know how I wash my slithers, what shirts to put in the dryer and which ones hang dry, Etc..

I'll iron my tshirts before I hang them in the closet

Me too. Since I've been in the military I do laundry and rarely have any issues.

I don't like wrinkles and learned to iron when in college. If something needs to be ironed I will do it, or let it hang in the shower with the steam.

I am with you on this. I am an obsessive compulsive ironer.

Worse than wrinkles for me is getting something on my clothes, a smalls spot of food or a stain... drives me nuts. Even mud on the bottom of golf pants bothers me.

Generally I hate wrinkles but won't spend the time steaming or ironing. Usually if they need it I'll just throw whatever it is in the drive for a few minutes and that will do the trick for me.

I am with you on this. I am an obsessive compulsive ironer.

Worse than wrinkles for me is getting something on my clothes, a smalls spot of food or a stain... drives me nuts. Even mud on the bottom of golf pants bothers me.

I've been know to donate brand new shirts bc I got a stain on them that I couldn't get completely out. while it was small enough to not be noticed, I knew it was there and couldn't wear it.

I hate wrinkles too. Heading to a show in Salt Lake today and I know when I unpack I will freak. I iron more in hotel rooms than I do at home I think. What really bugs me is that my twins school uniforms for catholic school are cotton. Who the heck uses 100% cotton for High School kids. I do my production line of ironing every Sunday watching the lead dogs on tv come up 18. But those kids look smooth on Monday.

I can iron and steam all I want.....but as a "fluffy guy"....after sitting in a truck for an hour I am all wrinkled anyways.

I'm a big fan of having pressed clothes without wrinkles, but im lazy and don't take the time... I need to be better about that, with work clothes, and with my golf attire.

I travel for work every week, a travel steamer may have been the best investment I've made.

Previously I relied on hotel showers to steam up my shirts sufficiently, but in nicer hotels the bathroom is too large for the steam to do any good work on those shirts.

It depends on my mood for the day and the setting I'll be in.

A shirt and tie event will usually mean I do something even though I hate ironing. A nice vest or 1/4 zip hides all the wrinkles in a pinch. The majority of my clothing doesn't wrinkle. My dress shirts are all wrinkle free and as long as you understand how to wash them, they stay that way well enough for me.

I used to be that way with every dress shirt as I was wearing suits and ties a lot, now I seem to be much more casual, maybe I'm just getting more lazy with age!

I'm a big fan of having pressed clothes without wrinkles, but im lazy and don't take the time... I need to be better about that, with work clothes, and with my golf attire.

This is me^^^^

Now JB has me pondering a new steamer! I have a steamer but haven't been impressed with the performance/results, so it's been sitting unused for a couple years. Time for an upgrade to give steaming another chance!

I'm going to go home tonight and learn how to use the steamer. i think the wife has only ever used it on the curtains.... If i can get away without ironing, i'm sold!

Wrinkles

All of my roommates in college would laugh at me ironing my t-shirts before I went to class! My wife laughs at me now because I can't have a wrinkle in a pair of jeans when I put them on! I use the "air fluff" feature on my dryer on any clothing I can't machine dry before it's hung! I often call the front desks at hotels about sending up another iron because the one in the room either leaks ALL over the place, or doesn't have a separate STEAM button to flash steam a wrinkle!!!! Yes. I hate wrinkles. It's been said that I've even ironed an undershirt or pair of boxers here-and-there... That might be Urban Legend, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrinkles

It's a conspiracy!!! Hotels ALWAYS put the leaking iron in MY ROOM! I've had one not just leak water, but also the brown residue, that comes out of an older iron on to my clothes and have HAD to work in them!!!! I literally had a brand new 1/4 zip Polo sweater ruined by a hotel iron!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy a travel steamer.

I may not iron, as a general rule, aside from things I wear when I'm going out for an evening, so my button-front shirts and dress slacks. But I do get everything out of the dryer while they're still warm and get them on hangers so they don't get wrinkles.

Sadly, after spending my first few years in the Army starching my BDUs to the point where they could stand up on their own (the modern uniforms are all wash & wear) and shining boots, I just can't bring myself to iron everything. Maybe when what I wear for work isn't what I also wear to the field and on deployments, I'll take the time to do more ironing.

I strive for the old homeless guy look ... that demands wrinkles ... and if I may so myself, I getting it perfected. :act-up:

I try to buy clothes that are good to go out of the dryer ...

Love this stuff

I'll need to try that.

I don't like wrinkles, sometime I just don't have the time to iron or I just don't feel like it and I can't convince the fiance to do it for me haha

I iron everything!! I despise wrinkles... wrinkles and static are my two biggest hates when it comes to clothing.

I go as far as ironing my boxers if they are extremely wrinkled.

Back