Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
For some reason I always like this tournament.

I always like this event. It sucks that it's right after the Open so lots of big names skip it now days but at least RBC has some guys sponsored so they show up.

I always like this event. It sucks that it's right after the Open so lots of big names skip it now days but at least RBC has some guys sponsored so they show up.

field looks pretty strong this year IMO.

I love this event, I am glad I had a chance to go last year

Always a great tournament. Often gets a lesser named winner, but with RBC paying appearance fees now, I mean sponsoring top players, it gets a good number of great guys. I'm looking forward to it. Plus, I might be down in the area in August and am hoping to play Glen Abbey!

Always a great tournament. Often gets a lesser named winner, but with RBC paying appearance fees now, I mean sponsoring top players, it gets a good number of great guys. I'm looking forward to it. Plus, I might be down in the area in August and am hoping to play Glen Abbey!

isn't Glen Abbey super exclusive?

No. It's technically public. Expensive but open to the public. 250 peak time. I'll do twilight for half price. It's owned by ClubLink, which owns a huge amount of courses. You can get a membership to 1 course, or get a membership to a 'level' or courses that gives you cheap green fees to that level and below.

No. It's technically public. Expensive but open to the public. 250 peak time. I'll do twilight for half price. It's owned by ClubLink, which owns a huge amount of courses. You can get a membership to 1 course, or get a membership to a 'level' or courses that gives you cheap green fees to that level and below.

well look at that. How packed is that course 10/13 when the rate drops to $160 for peak time haha

field looks pretty strong this year IMO.

I thought there were some pretty big names in the tournament considering it immediately followed The Open Championship.

Stricker, Kuchar, Furyk, Day, Bubba, Snedeker to name a few. Wonder if there will be any late withdrawals.

I thought there were some pretty big names in the tournament considering it immediately followed The Open Championship.

Stricker, Kuchar, Furyk, Day, Bubba, Snedeker to name a few. Wonder if there will be any late withdrawals.

Would not surprise me. Especially a guy like Day that was fighting to the bitter end until Monday night EST then has to travel a good ways to this tourney.

Snedeker has WD'ed due to a hip injury.

That's good to hear, I haven't looked at the field yet. I find it's not typically a strong field considering it's a national open. I probably sound like a broken record because I always say the same thing every year.

I hope Hunter is playing, it would be good to see him contend. Little Zoe may have cost him a victory a few years ago.

That's good to hear, I haven't looked at the field yet. I find it's not typically a strong field considering it's a national open. I probably sound like a broken record because I always say the same thing every year.

I hope Hunter is playing, it would be good to see him contend. Little Zoe may have cost him a victory a few years ago.
Mahan was in the field last I saw. Sned's out, who's next? Like Sox Fan said, my money is on Day.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Mahan was in the field last I saw. Sned's out, who's next? Like Sox Fan said, my money is on Day.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

I would not hate that.

Well Bubba certainly started hot today.

And right when I say that he implodes...sounds about right.

So is this Ollie Schniederjans' first event as a pro?

Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Day just eagled the par 4 tenth.

The Canadian Open is one tournament I enjoy watching deeply. Our National championship on one of the countries top courses which brings out a great field. I plan on attending next year's for sure when I am living there.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The Canadian Open is one tournament I enjoy watching deeply. Our National championship on one of the countries top courses which brings out a great field. I plan on attending next year's for sure when I am living there.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

will they be in Toronto again next year? I went last year in Montreal and I loved it

Back