A thread for SoCal golfers.

Played Olivas links in ventura and could not have asked for better conditions. The greens were firm and fast. 11+ once they had dried a bit. With diabolical pin locations which left you with a tricky 6'er for par if you missed your birdie putt after almost stopping at the edge of the hole before picking up speed down the ridge.

The fairways were green and lush. Didn't see a divot which wasn't repaired. Neither were there any untended ball marks on the greens. We're one of the first groups out so the pace of play was perfect 4 hours a round with little or no delays on the par 3's as can be expected.

Alright THP, Schanker and I decided to put together a little central coast gathering and want to extend the invitation to our friends from the south. I have set two tee times for Sunday, June 7th at 12pm and 12:10pm at Cypress Ridge in Nipomo. Currently we have 5 spots that are available and I need to know by Friday if we want to keep both tee times.

Cypress Ridge can be a pricey course and is a blast to play. For a smoking deal I am using this deal on Golf Moose. Can't beat it for $55 to ride!

Wow. Wish I could have gone. Next time.

Got to spend yesterday and today in Palm Desert, CA. Checked out two different courses/properties while I was out here: PGA WEST and Desert Willow. Didn't get too much of a chance to look around but snapped a few pictures of both courses.

PGA WEST
View attachment 20148

18th green Nicklaus Tournament Course
View attachment 20149

9th green Nicklaus Tournament Course

DESERT WILLOW

Firecliff 1st tee View attachment 20150

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's funny you bring those courses up. I was just in La Quinta all weekend and played 5 different courses Fri-Sun. I'm posting a thread about it along with some pictures.

hey So Cal folks, are you guys playing anywhere soon? Get together soon?

We definitely need to get together soon!

We're still here. Will tag you next week for a quick 18 lighting round.
56b58b4498e4468347b7d484511ffd91.jpg

5ec7c65e110b87d1def1d18e46f125c5.jpg

Anyone interested in getting together for a round on Sept. 26th or 27th?

Anyone interested in getting together for a round on Sept. 26th or 27th?

Ken, where you thinking about playing? I might be working saturday but depending on location and time I might be able to sneak in 18 before or after work.

Ken, where you thinking about playing? I might be working saturday but depending on location and time I might be able to sneak in 18 before or after work.
I'm open to just about anything under $100, my wife is out of town that weekend til Sunday night so I'm totally free

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm good for Saturday any time.

I'm good for Saturday any time.

Hey alez367, I sent you a PM on the tee time this weekend, let me know, thanks!

Hey alez367, I sent you a PM on the tee time this weekend, let me know, thanks!

Replying now

Hey guys, 5 members of the group that is coming down for the Cleveland Up and Down event + Awkward Silence are playing a round together Sunday, 10/25 @8am at Oak Quarry. We have open spots. Anyone interested in joining us?

Galen Marek is joining the Up and Down crowd for Sunday golf. One open spot left, I believe.

Nice! I knew you wouldn't miss it Paul.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back