Rolling the wrists

Ricwar76yu

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi folks,
I've had the same problem now for a number of years and just cannot rectify it. Rolling the wrists and club open straight from the takeaway. I am looking some drills that will give me feedback on the range tried everything. I've tried putting a golf ball a few inches behind the ball I'm hitting and pushing it away but soon as I do this I then roll the wrists. Practice swing is good but just cannot do it right on the proper swing.wish I could post swing here as it's ridiculous! Any help much appreciated.

Rgds
Rick

Hi folks,
I've had the same problem now for a number of years and just cannot rectify it. Rolling the wrists and club open straight from the takeaway. I am looking some drills that will give me feedback on the range tried everything. I've tried putting a golf ball a few inches behind the ball I'm hitting and pushing it away but soon as I do this I then roll the wrists. Practice swing is good but just cannot do it right on the proper swing.wish I could post swing here as it's ridiculous! Any help much appreciated.

Rgds
Rick

How do you know you are rolling the club open?

I upload it to YouTube then copy the link on the forum.

Yes I do. Can I put it on here ?? Sorry only joined forum tonight so trying to figure out how it all works. Any advice appreciated

Welcome!!

I will provide you with advise once you load the video. If you have a youtube account, upload and copy the link into this thread. I'll be able to break it down and give you some advise. In the mean time, head on over to the introduction forum and introduce yourself to forum.

Welcome!!

I will provide you with advise once you load the video. If you have a youtube account, upload and copy the link into this thread. I'll be able to break it down and give you some advise. In the mean time, head on over to the introduction forum and introduce yourself to forum.

https://youtu.be/LpNkMgCnjzg
Brilliant guys thanks for the welcome and the advice. Here's video number 1 trying not to hit the box on the takeaway!

Look at your rehearsal versus your swing --

Your swing is 100% all arms. The shoulders follow the arms and it should be the other way around. If it were the other way around you'd have a very flat swing but your is more upright. Because of the arm movement you have an over the top early release delivery.

Place a towel under your armpits and keep those upperarms close to keep that towel in place. The left arm is still going to swing but keep the upper portion close to the body. If you swing the arms the towel will fall. Get those club head moving back with the shoulders. The head should also travel outside the line on the way back. Once it passes the right leg the right arm simply needs to bend into a 90* angle.

Your swing is 100% all arms. The shoulders follow the arms and it should be the other way around. If it were the other way around you'd have a very flat swing but your is more upright. Because of the arm movement you have an over the top early release delivery.

Place a towel under your armpits and keep those upperarms close to keep that towel in place. The left arm is still going to swing but keep the upper portion close to the body. If you swing the arms the towel will fall. Get those club head moving back with the shoulders. The head should also travel outside the line on the way back. Once it passes the right leg the right arm simply needs to bend into a 90* angle.

Many thanks for the advice will try that out at the range tomorrow

The towel under the arm pits helps tremendously like Freddie said. Another drill that helped me was place a large range bucket in your chest and grip the club that way and make practice swings to get that feel of not rolling the forearms.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Would u try and hit shots even half shots with the towel attached? I know what to do on practice swings but just cannot do it on proper swing so need a drill that gives me feedback while still being able to hit balls if that makes sense

Back