UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

I think playing Hunter Ranch on Saturday, staying in Pismo Saturday night and playing Monarch Dunes is the way to go. Lots of great restaurants in Pismo.

That would be a perfect plan. Did we decide if we are bringing the ladies? My wife would definitely want to go if it's 2 mornings of golf and she could have me in the afternoons/ evenings.

Making the trek down there O'dark thirty on Saturday morning (later AM tee), spending the night and an early Sunday tee time would probably work for me. Only 1 night lodging makes for an easier sell to the CFO.

Maybe Airbnb for those whom are single...

That weekend is Winemakers Weekend in Paso. It might be a little crowded for accomodations but if you are into wine, lots of activities for significant others and THPers to get their grape drank on! If you guys are staying further south there is also a fantastic wine scene 5 minutes from SLO in Edna Valley.

I'm thinking 10:30 or 11am first tee time on Saturday at Hunter. Then do something early 8 or 8:30am for Sunday at Monarch.

Im not into the wine scene, but those tee times are good with me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That weekend is Winemakers Weekend in Paso. It might be a little crowded for accomodations but if you are into wine, lots of activities for significant others and THPers to get their grape drank on! If you guys are staying further south there is also a fantastic wine scene 5 minutes from SLO in Edna Valley.

I'm thinking 10:30 or 11am first tee time on Saturday at Hunter. Then do something early 8 or 8:30am for Sunday at Monarch.

Sounds like a plan. I/we aren't drinkers at all so the wine thing makes no diff to me. I like golf. The Nana likes beach and shopping!

Well Pismo does have the Outlets for the ladies.

Thanks Steve for contacting the courses. Wondering if the La Purisima's 4 for $140 is valid at Hunter Ranch. I'm guessing its not now that they have different owners.

Maybe Airbnb for those whom are single...
Hmm, maybe we should fix this problem you have. Just remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.:alien:

On one of the other golf boards we used to get a group of about 20-24 together a week before The Masters and head over for 2 days in Pismo. Some of us would meet up Friday night on Pismo and have dinner, wives included. Play somewhere Saturday, go endure the line to get into Jockos (wives, girlfriends, significant others included)Saturday night for dinner and then go play Monarch Dunes Sunday morning. We did this for three straight years. It was a great time for all.

La Purisima is such a great course. Harder than heck though.

Hmm, maybe we should fix this problem you have. Just remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.:alien:

I can always rent one... hahahahaha

Get-Together #1:
Date: October 17th & 18th
Where: Hunter Ranch GC (Paso Robles) - 17th & Monarch Dunes GC (Nipomo) - 18th
(Subject to change)

Updated on Page one.

On one of the other golf boards we used to get a group of about 20-24 together a week before The Masters and head over for 2 days in Pismo. Some of us would meet up Friday night on Pismo and have dinner, wives included. Play somewhere Saturday, go endure the line to get into Jockos (wives, girlfriends, significant others included)Saturday night for dinner and then go play Monarch Dunes Sunday morning. We did this for three straight years. It was a great time for all.

Personally... I think this should be game plan A! No commitment outside of tee times to one another. Some can join or all can join. So much to do that even if tee times were the only commitment made I think everyone could still have fun whether you're single, married, or using rent-a-date! Jockos is amazing but the line can be brutal. McClintocks in Pismo wouldn't be a bad second choice.

No commitments were ever made, but everyone seemed to enjoy each others company that everyone would show up for dinner.

I think one day of match play would be cool

Players: (submit your name)

Nor Cal:

So Cal: Wonton

Thanks Steve for contacting the courses. Wondering if the La Purisima's 4 for $140 is valid at Hunter Ranch. I'm guessing its not now that they have different owners.

I'm not sure if the coupon is good at either course, but I do believe the members pricing is good at least for the rest of the year for either course.

http://www.hunterranchgolf.com/players-clubmemberships

Personally... I think this should be game plan A! No commitment outside of tee times to one another. Some can join or all can join. So much to do that even if tee times were the only commitment made I think everyone could still have fun whether you're single, married, or using rent-a-date! Jockos is amazing but the line can be brutal. McClintocks in Pismo wouldn't be a bad second choice.

Agreed. Tee times are the only commitment, from there you are free to join the group or not.

Nor Cal:

So Cal: Wonton

Add me to the NorCal list!

I think one day of match play would be cool

Absolutely! Depending on what everyone wants to do I would likely put together something like we did at the Grandaddy. Two nine hole matches with partners and then Sunday singles. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Count me in as a Yes. Subject to Supervisory Approval of course.

I'm not sure if the coupon is good at either course, but I do believe the members pricing is good at least for the rest of the year for either course.

Agreed. Tee times are the only commitment, from there you are free to join the group or not.

Absolutely! Depending on what everyone wants to do I would likely put together something like we did at the Grandaddy. Two nine hole matches with partners and then Sunday singles. Thoughts?

Yes!!!

For sure dude, I think that would great. Please count me in!

Nor Cal:
So Cal: Wonton, Schanker

I guess Santa Barbara county is So Cal, pencil me in.

Names will be added on the 1st page.

Wow, just a few days before the official THP Event in SoCal. Hope to see some of you signup for a great time.

Back