Titleist 718 CB and MB Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
With each iteration that comes to market, Titleist is creating new ways to explore performance while staying with in their boundaries of iron style. The Titleist 718 lineup consists of a larger than ever family of irons each designed for a specific golfer. Hitting stores towards the end of September, the company will begin rolling out fitting carts for their Titleist Thursday fitting events that will take place in the next few weeks at green grass facilities all over the country.

THP and Josh Talge from Titleist go over these sets here.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/titleist-718-irons-become-official/

The CB's have always been a favorite of mine. My game is better suited to the AP2, but those CB's are sexy.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

The CB's have always been a favorite of mine. My game is better suited to the AP2, but those CB's are sexy.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I played the 716 and they were great irons. A full set of cb or mixed cb/mb are in my choices...along with full set of ap2

Have never gamed a titleist club before and these do look intriguing. As with most pics I bet these look even better in person.

I love the looks of the CB!

JB... has anyone let you know that on the opening screen of the third video it says 918 AP3 instead of 718?

• Admin
I love the looks of the CB!

JB... has anyone let you know that on the opening screen of the third video it says 918 AP3 instead of 718?

It was fixed immediately, just had not taken form yet. Takes up to 30 minutes sometimes.

It was fixed immediately, just had not taken form yet. Takes up to 30 minutes sometimes.

Right on. Just wanted to make sure you were aware. :D

Damn those AP3's look good and are right up my alley, great job on the video discussing the build and what has gone into the design.

Damn fine looking sticks!!!

Titleist CBs have always been a favorite of mine to look at and hit... Although, I haven't owned a set since the 695CB. These certainly continue the great-looking lineage.

The CB and MB look fantastic. But I have no clue why someone would take CB over AP2, and I know I am not alone with that thought.

The CB and MB look fantastic. But I have no clue why someone would take CB over AP2, and I know I am not alone with that thought.

I am definitely interested in how the spin compares to the CB vs the AP2. Can't speak for 718 obviously, but I think the former AP2 builds have added spin which isn't the best thing for all golfers.

For me with the 716 line, feel would have been why I would have chosen cb over the AP2. We'll see what the 718 line brings in that department.

Don't judge me.

In my experience for looks/size. I've played both versions in 716 and IMO the forgiveness in the two sets are very close. To me the CB are just a smaller AP2. In the 4i there my be a bidder advantage in ap2 but I think most who game the ap2 could game the CB if they wanted

In my experience for looks/size. I've played both versions in 716 and IMO the forgiveness in the two sets are very close. To me the CB are just a smaller AP2. In the 4i there my be a bidder advantage in ap2 but I think most who game the ap2 could game the CB if they wanted

that's the point. There is practically no need for the CB in the range because of how good the AP2 is. Tech wise, the AP2 is the superior iron, yet delivers all the performance that the stronger player wants. It's the one iron in their lineup that could go away and the entire series wouldn't skip a beat.

that's the point. There is practically no need for the CB in the range because of how good the AP2 is. Tech wise, the AP2 is the superior iron, yet delivers all the performance that the stronger player wants. It's the one iron in their lineup that could go away and the entire series wouldn't skip a beat.

Its undoubtedly the superior iron with the tech in it, there's no denying that.

IMO though, some will simply side with the CB for the sake of being "traditionalists" and not wanting to play a "busy" iron (which I think is crazy talk personally), or just because they like the looks better.

I could easily put some CB's in the bag and play them happily, and well, but the AP2's offer way more than many believe in terms of their ability to add playability compared to a standard players CB.

Because the cavity backs are better looking. Hands down. :good:

I am definitely interested in how the spin compares to the CB vs the AP2. Can't speak for 718 obviously, but I think the former AP2 builds have added spin which isn't the best thing for all golfers.

which is why AP3 was created.

Would you make that statement about the 716 AP2 + CB?

I don't disagree and it's rare to see a set of cb in bags. It's ap2 or mb for the better player in the bags I see. The choice between the two is something I'm debating right now. For me it's hard to not want that traditional looking cb even though I'm enjoying the ap2 right now

Like those who are happy that the ap3 line is here I'm happy they offer the option of a truer cb for those that want that slightly smaller traditional offering. If they chose to drop the cb line I wouldn't fault them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched all three videos and few things jump out. 718 ap2 as or more forgiving than 714 ap1? That's a pretty big accomplishment. They are very proud of ap3 and it's generating a lot of interest. A "hollow blade" (if I remember the term correctly) is interesting. The talk of irons going a consistent carry distance and no hit spots was very interesting too

Would you make that statement about the 716 AP2 + CB?
Absolutely I would. Tech wise AP2 has been the more tech savvy iron.

Absolutely I would. Tech wise AP2 has been the more tech savvy iron.
Yep, the CB hasn't really changed at all other than aesthetics.

For quite a while. It's a players CB, there's only so much you can do, just like with an MB

Back