Status
Not open for further replies.
It's less than one month till mine and Becky's wedding day. It's been a heck of a time planning it all but I'm glad it's almost here. Happy to be marrying this wonderful girl!

04ae4694174217aaf0c6415f372cd3d3.jpg

Enjoy...the planning was fun for mine but also a pain...never what to do that again.

Enjoy...the planning was fun for mine but also a pain...never what to do that again.
Thanks! It has been rough planning with becky's busy season January through June this year. Never thought I'd have so much input on a wedding. I made some good decisions and it all is falling into place.

Thanks! It has been rough planning with becky's busy season January through June this year. Never thought I'd have so much input on a wedding. I made some good decisions and it all is falling into place.

Thats awesome. I was more involved than anticipated to but I wouldn't change that for anything. We came out on the other end with everything we wanted and other than a snafu with here walkout music things went awesome. Looking back we had some good times and and but it was all worth on the big day.

On the big day soak it all in, enjoy each moment and if something goes wrong don't sweat it and roll with it. Wishing you guys an awesome wedding day and a happy, long life together.

Off to Seattle for the day tomorrow, shopping the zoo and the space needle. Followed by dinner at an Italian bistro, perfecto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister is safely stateside! She has been in a not so female friendly middle eastern country, including a lengthy layover in Kuwait, for the past week and I have been uneasy about it the entire time. She just sent me a text that she is safely back in the states and I am so relieved!

So glad to hear this Morgan! I know this was really bothering you. So glad she is back safe. Families serve too! Please thank her.

JM

That's great Morgan.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! She said it was a very eye opening experience. Her husband is in the Navy and she was there visiting him, but at one point they both felt very uncomfortable and she said he never feels that way. The last night he had to head back to base and she was alone and she was really scared.

She just sent me a text that simply said "I love America".

Good to hear, Morgan, but Kuwait isn't that bad, is it? It's been a dang while, but it was like a vacation spot when I was there. It was a really cool place, actually. Times have changed though.

Good to hear, Morgan, but Kuwait isn't that bad, is it? It's been a dang while, but it was like a vacation spot when I was there. It was a really cool place, actually. Times have changed though.

That was just her layover to refuel.

I want to add, because I think it's important, it's not to knock on other countries or regions of the world. But not every place treats women the same, and not all countries are big fans of the US so it was an interesting experience for her.

Great news Morgan! Glad she is home safe and sound.

My sister is safely stateside! She has been in a not so female friendly middle eastern country, including a lengthy layover in Kuwait, for the past week and I have been uneasy about it the entire time. She just sent me a text that she is safely back in the states and I am so relieved!

Thats good news and am sure a huge weight off both of your shoulders.

Great new Morgan, I remember my Fiancee beign very unconfortable in some situations when we visited a muslum country in western Africa, the culture is very different, and I think its even worse in the middle east. I can see how you were woried, glad she made it home safely.

my happy for today: I am very happy for the guys in MB this weekend, they will have an awesome time. I am a bit jealous too, but mostly happy for them

Yea like holding it at a place that had a golf course. Great choice!

Yea like holding it at a place that had a golf course. Great choice!

Thanks! That was never not an option. The incredible private course part just fell into place :)

EGGburger……

a080e5a9474888fa030ed2cf66e0eb5b.jpg

It's been a great week of vacation while the kids are at camp. Lots of quality time with the wife and relaxation, plus some golf at new to me courses.

Tomorrow I get to golf with Sox Fan, and then next Saturday I get to golf with troyefl.

It's finally raining! Totally overdue for this, hope it rains all day..

Just got back from a party celebrating my great aunts 100th birthday. Quite amazing to look back and think of all the things she has seen in her 100 years. She is quite frankly the most amazing lady I have ever met. She was still going to curves 3 times a week up until she turned 97 and then called it quits

I managed to successfully defend my fly casting competition title at Carbondale Mountain Fair in some dramatic fashion! I arrived a little late so I was at the bottom of the list and had to take my turn near the end. The idea is to cast a fly to as close to a small target as possible in three attempts from a distance of about 50 feet. Another guy earlier had cast to a distance of 1.5" so I wasnt thinking that I had much of a chance. Adding to the pressure was that they introduced me as the defending champion so I was shaking pretty good. On my last cast, I dropped my fly to 1.25" to win the competition! That drew a pretty big roar from the crowd when the emcee announced that I was in the lead. Feels pretty amazing to pull off a repeat, especially like that. Cant say that I've ever experienced something like that before. The prize was a handmade wooden fishing net. I won the same one last year so I think I'll send this one off to my brother. I think he'd be pretty surprised to get it.

One year ago I joined THP. I have had the pleasure of being in 3 events and to have meet a ton of good people in person and the through banter in the threads. I have built some friendships that I hope last a lifetime and am very thankful for some of the influential people on here that have come into my life.

Reading MC recaps, following along with #thegrandaddy and all the other events and following #THPLegacy and being able to watch and help one participant prepare for it and to talk to another participant on a regular basis and assist with the prep from a far has made this past year a totally awesome experience.

Just at want to say thanks to all those I have met and for the welcoming and family feeling this community has provided over the last year. Looking forward to,the next year and hopefully many more to come with everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back