Hey guys! Please welcome Grady Philip to THP. He is the reason for missing a whole bunch of events this year and I am OK with it. Born 8 days early on 7/26/2015. 7 pounds 8 ounces.
759e1bf5c604ccf59ae88c881337a344.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations!

View attachment 21161

This young man and I shared something this weekend that I will forever hold on to. I'm damn proud to have him as our son.
That is truly amazing, I sure hope I get to share something like that with my kids some day, memory forever!!!
Hey guys! Please welcome Grady Philip to THP. He is the reason for missing a whole bunch of events this year and I am OK with it. Born 8 days early on 7/26/2015. 7 pounds 8 ounces.

Congrats, hope both are doing well!

Congratulations AG!! He is adorable.

Congrats!

Excellent day to be born! Congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats to the proud Papa!

Congrats to you and the family, Andy. Great hat! Now, about that Raider's blanket I saw you ref on FB...

One year ago today we brought Nick home from the hospital. Hard to believe that he's already a year old (and a couple of days). Watching him waddle around the house, mimicking his mom and I leaves me with both an amazed feeling, and a bittersweet sense of sadness ... time is passing much too quickly.

Congrats to AG on a wonderful bundle of awesome. Life has changed, buddy. Get ready.

Our baseball season ended last night, 2 games away from the finals. Last season as an expansion team full of 7 & 8 yr olds, we missed the playoffs entirely. This season we were #3 in the league but lost to a great team last night. My son & 2 others are the only ones aging out & moving up to Little League, so they'll be a powerhouse next season. It was tough seeing how broken up the kids were, and I'll admit being down 5-0 made things tough to keep the kids motivated in the dugout, but watching them make a game of it at 5-3 was thrilling.

As someone who always swore up and down to my wife that I'd NEVER have the patience to coach, after doing it these past two seasons I can't wait to do it next year if his new team has room for me. Such a rewarding experience to do that with my son.

Our baseball season ended last night, 2 games away from the finals. Last season as an expansion team full of 7 & 8 yr olds, we missed the playoffs entirely. This season we were #3 in the league but lost to a great team last night. My son & 2 others are the only ones aging out & moving up to Little League, so they'll be a powerhouse next season. It was tough seeing how broken up the kids were, and I'll admit being down 5-0 made things tough to keep the kids motivated in the dugout, but watching them make a game of it at 5-3 was thrilling.

As someone who always swore up and down to my wife that I'd NEVER have the patience to coach, after doing it these past two seasons I can't wait to do it next year if his new team has room for me. Such a rewarding experience to do that with my son.

I coached youth baseball for 22yrs and thoroughly enjoyed every year. Met a lot of great people, and some not so great, along the way. I know several kids who I coached and played against that are playing in the minors right now and one who has been up for a while a couple of times. When I started coaching t-ball, never did I dream I would continue coaching for that long but with three boys I just had to do it. Enjoy your time and learn as much as you can about coaching. I would suggest have a meeting with the parents at the beginning of each season and gently lay the law down that you are the coach and if you need help on the field you will ask for it. Took me a few years to learn that:D. Also be civil with the umps as most are great people, and I can say that I was never tossed from a game. I was asked to stay in the dougout once:bashful:. Good luck and have fun with it.

Those are awesome, hahahaha

Charley Jo just pulled herself up on the ottoman in front of me.

Its dusty.

She's growing too fast.

Oh man she's getting big fast

Oh man she's getting big fast

8 months next Wed.

Insane.

She also refuses to crawl, I think this proves shes going to skip to walking. Like her mom, lord help me.

8 months next Wed.

Insane.

She also refuses to crawl, I think this proves shes going to skip to walking. Like her mom, lord help me.

Our youngest was like that... Went from pulling herself up to walking. No crawling at all.....

Oh yeah and she is hell on wheels so watch out!

8 months next Wed.

Insane.

Nick went from a crawl to walking in the span of a couple of weeks and life hasn't slowed down since. Even things you think they'd have no interest in ... it's the first thing they gravitate to. You could have a hundred toys in a room and one steak knife ... before you know it, your child is doing their best Norman Bates impersonation.

My son's got the golf bug again and we played 9 Saturday and Sunday. Both days he drove the green from 80yds out on the last hole. I got it on video today Best part is he wanted to play golf this weekend.

https://youtu.be/DBRfy-oBaXk

That's so awesome man. Love the fist pump!

Nick_Hooray.jpg

Son had three first birthday parties, lot of cake for a one year old. He loved it though.

Got this picture of one of his two wheeled toys ... the other is a tractor.

My 14 yo got all 4 of her wisdom teeth out yesterday. Seeing her hopped up on valium before she left was hilarious, she was walking around in a daze making random comments about how fuzzy everything looked. She wasn't so great after waking up though, which we kind of expected after she had some bad reactions when she was younger and had to be put under for her laser surgeries. I had a meeting and my wife said she was just dreadful. By the time I got home though, she was OK and I talked her into eating some pudding for dinner which made her feel a lot better.

She's due to have reconstructive surgery on her jaw in a few years, so her going through this now was good because now she knows what things will be like when she has that surgery when it comes to the pain management, meds, etc.

Back