Last TaylorMade Iron with "Juice"

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While out in CA a couple of weeks ago, ddec and I were speaking with a number of people and we got to talking about brands and what they are known for in terms of sales. Irons came up and the conversation shifted to TaylorMade and some shakeups there and the question was asked, what was the last TaylorMade iron that had "juice" or buzz.

We thought it would be fun to pose it to THPers and ask the same question. Remember its not about the quality of the club or if you liked it, but the last iron that moved the needle for them. What do you think?

Speedblade?

Speedblade?

This was my thought as well. RBZ generated some but Speedblades definitely had more buzz along with solid feedback. Twas a good iron.

Never have so much as tried a TM iron, but based on all that I read I would have to say Speedblades also.

I immediately thought RBZ, I know the speedblades were regarded as good clubs but I think RBZ with the commercials moved the needle more for the public

Rocketbladez. After that, what followed were "copycat" models with the speed pocket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The RAC iron of 2003 & 2004

The first thing that came to mind for me was the SpeedBlade.

first thing that came to my mind was r7. but i'm sure others are correct it's probably rocketbladez. around here i've never seen anyone game speedblades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R11's?

The RAC iron of 2003 & 2004

Haha. Definitely after that. I mean Burner 2.0 brought them to the #1 iron sold for a brief period.

Thought RBZ first.

Taylor Made Burner 2.0 is the last big release that had a ton of buzz around it (for me anyways). I remember counting down the days to the TM webcast for the "mystery release", and then watching that release on my computer at work when they announced the line.

The best part was, it was a line of irons I had hoped was coming, and ended up getting a set of them about a year or so later (when the High Polish line was released). Still regret selling off those irons!

It was the Speedblades in my opinion.

I thought the P770 had some decent buzz when it was announced but it seems to have gone limp just as quickly. Not unlike the Tour Preferred release a few years ago actually.

I know they sell well but I've never even seen a set of speed blades, rocketblades, rocketballs, m1, M2 outside of rental sets.

I thought the P770 had some decent buzz when it was announced but it seems to have gone limp just as quickly. Not unlike the Tour Preferred release a few years ago actually.

I know they sell well but I've never even seen a set of speed blades, rocketblades, rocketballs, m1, M2 outside of rental sets.

I really, really liked the P770 when I hit them and did a demo day fitting. However, since the stock shaft worked best for me I immediately thought "let me wait until these are getting cleared out for nothing".

To be honest I've never really considered TaylorMade irons and don't remember any hype for any of their irons. I've always correlated TaylorMade with metalwoods and put a whole lot of other brands ahead of them in the iron game.

I would say the RSI 1. They put a lot of advertising into the release of those irons.

Their last Tour Preferred line up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedblades came to mind first

A lot of irons got some buzz for them, but the one that I think last really moved the needle for them was burner 2.0. IMO, yes, it has been that long.

~Rock

Rocketbladez or SpeedBlades

They have had some releases with a lot of marketing behind them but in my opinion the last set that the people up here were excited about were the Burner 2.0's.

The TP line, especially when they did that mixed set, seemed to get some buzz. But I fee like I'm grasping at straws to fine one!

Back