JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this a trick question? All bacon is the best bacon.

Lord Byron introduced me to Neuske's Bacon and it is excellent!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Lord Byron introduced me to Neuske's Bacon and it is excellent!!!

That one is fantastic. Im interested in trying Snake River Farms too.

As long as it is made from a pig and not a turkey, it is all awesome!

All bacon is good, if cooked correctly. Except turkey bacon, no idea why turkey bacon exists.

All bacon is not created equal. I must admit my favorite bacon experience was a freshly processed hog....mylawd

Another vote for Nueskes, hands down. It maybe be a bit of a homer pick, but we can buy it at some of the gas stations around here since they're semi-local.

Benton's is also incredible, but it's a lot harder to find around here.

They sell this peppered bacon in the meat dept at our local grocery store and it's fantastic! Best bacon for BLT's... EVER!

Curious what @Fupresti has to say

Ham Solo says the best bacon is turkey bacon.

02f8082b90705a563921d9571bdc7d50.jpg

My gout says no but man, I love bacon. I will try some of these suggestions.

Some local producer's around here who sell in the grocery stores or farmer's markets have some great options, especially thick cut.

That's some expensive bacon. I love my bacon, but I am not sure any bacon should cost more than a good steak.

Is this a trick question? All bacon is the best bacon.
This is kind of what I was thinking...it is a trick question, like being asked to name bad sex.

That's some expensive bacon. I love my bacon, but I am not sure any bacon should cost more than a good steak.

Well it doesn't really based on weight...If you are comparing good to good meaning Prime Cuts.
No different really than a Prime Filet vs some super market choice Filet. The cost is different.

All bacon is good, if cooked correctly. Except turkey bacon, no idea why turkey bacon exists.

Turkey bacon is not bacon. Its turkey that is lying about being bacon. Its almost as bad as skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk.

Turkey bacon is not bacon. Its turkey that is lying about being bacon. Its almost as bad as skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk.

True, it is an imposter.

Well it doesn't really based on weight...If you are comparing good to good meaning Prime Cuts.
No different really than a Prime Filet vs some super market choice Filet. The cost is different.

but does bacon have grades like beef? i've had domestic and australian wagyu (never the real stuff), and i've had super cheat walmart steaks and there's absolutely a difference so i am very much ok with paying the premium. i'd want to know what makes the expensive bacon that much better.

but does bacon have grades like beef? i've had domestic and australian wagyu (never the real stuff), and i've had super cheat walmart steaks and there's absolutely a difference so i am very much ok with paying the premium. i'd want to know what makes the expensive bacon that much better.

Check out Kurobuta Pork.

Nueske's is a solid choice and is easily our favorite from stuff that is "readily" available to the masses. We've had some tremendous stuff from the farmer's market too.

Back