Do you think Speith takes too much time analyzing his shots

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Watching Speith drives me nuts. And then when he walks up to a putt like he's ready to putt only to walk away from it. Sure he's good, but I personally think he and his caddie take too much time analyzing each shot.

What say you?

I say it's his job and he has big money on the line. He should take as much time as he needs.

He's too slow imo. Think we're lucky that TV cuts away from him so we don't see the full routine, but it has to have an effect on his group.

yes he is slow and its been discussed in depth in a lot of the weekly tour stop threads and magnified even more during majors.

Does a one legged duck swim in circles?
He is not alone however, there are plenty of golfers on tour that need an adjustment. He has owned up to the flaw and said he is going to work on it.

For those that say big money on the line, it doesn't make it okay to violate the rules of golf. Slow play is a rule, despite it not being called by officials. Golf is supposed to be a self policing sport, these players just seem to struggle to police themselves on pace. It is no different than any other rule. If a player doesnt want to putt from a certain spot, he can't say "Well there is a lot on the line, so I will move it closer"

He's only as slow as the tour allows.

The onus likely won't ever fall on the individual player. Like Day said, if they are going to allow it, with millions on the line...

I'm just glad we don't have many members that play at Jordan's snail pace at our club. As others have said, there are lots of slow players on tour.

He is only as slow as the your let's him be. Do I think he and others should speed up? Yes. Does the tour suck at enforcing this rule? Yes. I enjoy watching Spieth play as well as most golfers and the tournaments in general and won't stop watching because of slow play. If slow play in golf was an issue I would have to quit the game because I see it on the course too

How long does he take to analyze shots? And then how long does it take others?

~Rock

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

At least he isn't closing his eyes a visualizing each and every shot after deciding on a plan. He takes his time deciding, then just hits the damn thing. Doesn't have 20 waggles, or need to see every shot in his head like Ausi dude.

For those that say big money on the line, it doesn't make it okay to violate the rules of golf. Slow play is a rule, despite it not being called by officials. Golf is supposed to be a self policing sport, these players just seem to struggle to police themselves on pace. It is no different than any other rule. If a player doesnt want to putt from a certain spot, he can't say "Well there is a lot on the line, so I will move it closer"

I think my point was more that I see the weekend warrior, high handicappers looking at putts for 3 minutes every hole they get to.

That also seems the only rule they break. Ever. No?

I think my point was more that I see the weekend warrior, high handicappers looking at putts for 3 minutes every hole they get to.

Where do you think they learned it from? :D
The tour players are slow, look from every angle, etc etc.

it doesn't really bother me when i watch the guys on tv. but on the course it can be tough, and pretty much ruin a round. if someone could prove to me that the weekend warrior slow play is a direct result of mimicking the guys on tour, then i'd take up the slow play pitchfork.

Yes he is slow, and until the rules officials enforce it, he has no reason to speed up his play. And a lot more leeway is given to the final group on Sunday regardless of who is in that group.

Sometimes, don't we all??????

it doesn't really bother me when i watch the guys on tv. but on the course it can be tough, and pretty much ruin a round. if someone could prove to me that the weekend warrior slow play is a direct result of mimicking the guys on tour, then i'd take up the slow play pitchfork.

It would be very difficult, but there are stats out there that directly correlate to as rounds on tour got slower, rounds in public got slower.
Then add the mimic effect of every single category and the impact it has on the amateur and I think you have your answer.

Absolutely. But so are a lot of others. It was refreshing watching DJ just step up and stick his wedge on the playoff hole yesterday. He was well prepared when it was his turn instead of waiting unitl after JS hit to start his routine.

JS not even in the top ten of slowest golfers.

JS not even in the top ten of slowest golfers.

Is this stat known? I dont think he is the slowest out there, but I find it hard to know how this is known, right?

I would never accuse him of not taking enough time. :alien:

Absolutely. But so are a lot of others. It was refreshing watching DJ just step up and stick his wedge on the playoff hole yesterday. He was well prepared when it was his turn instead of waiting unitl after JS hit to start his routine.

It was awesome! Even the announcers noticed. "Wow, he hit that shot FAST!"

This is a joke right? Are we watching the same golfer?

Back