Boston_golfer

Reaction score
Got a trip planned for later this year. Wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the courses. Let's hear it.

Got a trip planned for later this year. Wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the courses. Let's hear it.

I've played both; much prefer Tierra del Sol. Visually beautiful course. Desert island golf is pretty cool. Extremely windy. Tuesday's & Fridays they have "tournaments" where the round and rental are packaged together; starts around 1pm. That is the best deal to get out there.

Divi does their tournament Wednesday & Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played Tierra del Sol in 2000. From what I remember, it was a surprising green course for the scorching location. Layout was more challenging than I expected for a resort course. Can't remember too much beyond that.

What I would recommend: bring sunblock. Lots of it...at least double what you think you'll need. That sun is no joke - neither is the price of Banana Boat should you run out

Divi does their tournament Wednesday & Friday.

We played Divi while on our honeymoon (@8 yrs ago). I could be wrong, but I thought it was a 9 hole and I remember it being pretty nice.

We played Divi while on our honeymoon (@8 yrs ago). I could be wrong, but I thought it was a 9 hole and I remember it being pretty nice.

Correct; Divi is 9 holes and is nice track.

I played Tierra del Sol in 2000. From what I remember, it was a surprising green course for the scorching location. Layout was more challenging than I expected for a resort course. Can't remember too much beyond that.

What I would recommend: bring sunblock. Lots of it...at least double what you think you'll need. That sun is no joke - neither is the price of Banana Boat should you run out

Didn't play while down there, but I second the sunscreen. I didn't hit my legs enough and got fried. You are only a few degrees off the equator, so the sun is hot. Beautiful island, can't wait to go back

Others have discussed the best places but i would advise to be ready for some serious wind. Its always windy everytime time ive been.

I played the Divi Links a couple years ago. It's a nice 9 hole course that finishes on an island green. Depending on how strong they are that day, the trade winds can factor into club selection. If you're not planning on bringing your clubs, I believe their rentals are Titleist.

Went there on our honeymoon 13 years ago and I dont even recall seeing a course lol

Yeah, I've been to Aruba before and got my ass kicked by the sun (I don't ever wear sun block).... Just never golfed there.

Honestly can't say it crossed my mind to golf when I was there. Lots of time in the water though, nothing like 80 degree + ocean water.

Yeah, I've been to Aruba before and got my ass kicked by the sun (I don't ever wear sun block).... Just never golfed there.

The thing about Aruba is the breeze cools you and it makes it feel like it is not hot and people don't realize they're getting fried. I saw a lady on a chaise who fell asleep on her stomach and her back was beet red. I called to her and she rolled over onto her fried side and screamed. She had to have major sun poisoning. It hurt just looking at her.

Played the Divi 4 times for 36 holes, never made it to Tierra del Sol. Divi was in seriously crappy condition. The wind sucked, and there were WAY too many workers on the course who gave zero f**ks about any of the players on the course. I hit into them a couple times.

There were a couple tee boxes that made no sense, with trees literally 20 feet in front of the tee box.

Seriously disappointed in condition. The island green is pretty cool though.

Played the Divi 4 times for 36 holes, never made it to Tierra del Sol. Divi was in seriously crappy condition. The wind sucked, and there were WAY too many workers on the course who gave zero f**ks about any of the players on the course. I hit into them a couple times.

There were a couple tee boxes that made no sense, with trees literally 20 feet in front of the tee box.

Seriously disappointed in condition. The island green is pretty cool though.

If you get back there I'd recommend a round at Tierra Del Sol. It's a lot of fun and conditions were pretty good two years ago. I will likely play again next March if all goes according to plan :cool:

Back