How often do you use your 3 wood?

I will use it 3-5 times in a round ... I am not long off the tee and need the extra yards the 3w gives me on par 5' and long par 4s.

Since moving to the mini in that spot, probably 5 times a round on my course on a normal day, if the wind is up, easily 10 times.

I use mine 5 to 6 times a round, so it is a must have for me.

Since getting my 1 iron... once in a round at max.

This morning only once, last round only twice. That's about average for my rounds lately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once today off the tee on a short par 4. Typically I'll hit it 2-3 times a round but none of the par 5's were even close to reachable for me today.

I typically play it once or twice a round on average. It's weird, but it seems as I may play it 4 or 5 times in a round and then most others it never leaves the bag.

I have a HL 3 wood and I hit it off of several tees on short par fours. I can hit it straight when my driver isn't.

EVERY SINGLE Par 4 or Par 5 (unless there's a hazard around 240-260 yards out)! Because I play it out of the short grass!

Last edited:
I've only recently began using it a bit - maybe 1-2 times per round. Its not indispensable, however there isn't any other club that I need in my bag to replace it with. Its 17 degrees, so almost a 4-wood in "3-wood clothing."

I use mine often. Think I used it 4-5 holes today. Depends on the course though. Usually it's more. If I don't need my driver distance wise I typically use 3w. Absolutely love my 3w.

Never, I don't carry one. At my last fitting for a wood I was put in a 18* FW to help my slow swing speed get the ball in the air.

I recently dropped mine from the bag...I never hit it off the deck and I recently added the SLDR mini driver.

I only used it on shorter par 4s and when the driver got really out of control. I get sufficient distance with my 19 degree hybrid for second shot on par 5s, some are definite three shot holes, but I can't see bagging an unnecessary club.

I seem to be in the minority here, I love my 3W's, I carry 2 a Cobra Fly-Z set at 13* and a Ping Rapture 16*. Because I am not a big hitter (190-200 yd drives) I am often 200 yards out. I hit the Ping about 180 and the Fly-Z 190-200 with rollout. As long as I remember to take a smooth swing I can hit both well off the deck, if not it can be disastrous. On my home coursework I use one or the other on all 4 par 5's and 8 of the 10 par 4's. On windy days with the pin in the back I may also use them off 2 of the tees.

Well, this Jack is similar, too. I carry a 13° strong Cleveland DST Launcher, and a Cobra Amp Cell 3-4 wood (set to 16°).

I use them off of the tee on some par 4's, or as second shot on long par 5's. I can hit the 13° about 240 yards.

Jackal

I would say on average I hit it anywhere from 2 to 4 times a round off the tee. Off the deck, probably once a round on average, but it completely depends on the course, as that solely happens when I'm going for a par 5 in 2.

Definitely makes me think about a mini driver.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hardly ever, but it's nice to have when it's needed.

I don't carry a 3w but I have a mini driver that is 16° and 44" shaft. I use it about 4 to 5 times off the tee and about once per round off the deck

Off the tee 6 or so times per round. Off the deck 2-3.

Any time I believe a well-struck driver will get me into more trouble. Sometimes off the deck if there's no trouble in the way and I need more than 230 yards, which isn't often.

Though in my case it's a 4-wood.

I always struggled with a 3 wood and wouldn't even consider it off the deck. Recently I've found a 4 wood that I'm very comfortable with off the tee or deck. In my round today I hit it 4 times, 3 off the tee and once off the deck. If I'm on a narrower course that number will double.

Never. I don't even know why I carry it. After trying to figure out how to hit at my last lesson, my instructor had me just move on to my hybrid (which I was in the same boat with at the time). I got to where I can hit the hybrid halfway decent, but the 3 wood is a mystery to me. I can't even hit it off a tee.

I have a 4w but on my home course, I hit it 1-2 times per round from the tee and 1-3 times on par 5s if it makes sense to go for it. I hit it pretty solid and have confidence in my mine.

Less than I should. I can drill the 3W but have less confidence in it than I should.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Never. I don't even know why I carry it. After trying to figure out how to hit at my last lesson, my instructor had me just move on to my hybrid (which I was in the same boat with at the time). I got to where I can hit the hybrid halfway decent, but the 3 wood is a mystery to me. I can't even hit it off a tee.
Me too × 100.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

This year, never. I'm leaving it out and pulling hybrid.
When I catch a 3w, I can hit it 20y past the 18* or more. 1 out of 10 aren't great golf odds, though. The hybrid is good to me 7/10 times. Off the tee, it wasn't any more accurate than the driver.

I think I can drop it and add a wedge without issue. When I DID hit the 3, it was 3 - 5 times a round. Hybrid I use 8 or 9 times now since I trust it from the tee.

Back