Bounce Back - Do you recover on the next hole?

OITW

Reaction score
How is your "Bounce Back" ability after a bad hole?

I know everyone is of different abilities here, but how do you bounce back after a really bad hole, whether that is double/triple/the dreaded snowman/ or even a 10

How often are you able to Par/Birdie/Bogey the next hole and move on with the round and not let it affect you/your round?

For me looking at past cards (last 5 rounds) and results for me it's pretty good with a triple or worse I've parred or better 8 out of 10 times.

*The past 5 rounds looks like I'm good for one triple (or worse) a round.

So THP how do you fair with the bounce back?

Its probably 50/50 for me, but I'll tell you what Im really awesome at

Birdie/Double Bogey

I do know on Saturday I went Double/Birdie/Double to end front 9

Tend to not get too many triples nowadays unless I do the ol 2 penalties on same hole trick

I prefer just to go hole in one followed by birdie. Wardy can tell you all about it. :angel:

I'll track this over the next few rounds and see how it shakes out....really unsure.

Birdie/Double Bogey

Why do you think that happens? Getting too lax? Checking out? Bad luck?

I prefer just to go hole in one followed by birdie. Wardy can tell you all about it. :angel:

I'll track this over the next few rounds and see how it shakes out....really unsure.

I was tempted to post your video...

Looking forward to what your results are.

I think its just kind of the way things happen ya know. Not that Im trying to birdie every hole or anything like that all of a sudden, but is just kind of funny how the letdown hole usually follows. Maybe thats the life of a mid-capper, and its not like Im getting multiple birdies every round or anything like that.

I think they will be decent as I tend not to get mad after a bad hole...or at least forget about it pretty quickly. Good thread, curious to see results!

Looking over past 5 rounds not too well. It's usually a tale of 2 9's. A few examples from recent rounds:
44/50
52/42
47/42
53/40
40/53
45/53
I need to string a few of these low 40's together in same round.

I honestly can't remember the last time I followed a double or worse with the same or worse. I tend to have a very short term memory from hole to hole and just play the one in front of me to the best of my ability.

I don't have the exact numbers to back it up, but I think I'm pretty solid in the bounce back category. I'll blow some inner stream and let it go. Hit a good next shot and put the bad behind me.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I'm sure it varies but I'm usually pretty good about not letting a real bad hole snowball. A few days ago I excelled at this. I played #1 (a par 4) super ugly, 2 lost balls, picking up after I had busted my max ESC 7. I then parred the next four holes easily. I made a triple bogey 7 on #7 immediately followed by a par, par, 4 putt double, 3 putt bogey, par, 3 putt bogey stretch. What really hurts most about not converting those 6 straight GIR chances is that the the 3 holes I blew it on the greens all came with me sitting in the middle of the fairway with wedges in.

I'm more like the hole AFTER a birdie ... what I like to call a "PBFU" ... Post Birdie F*** Up! It's always a bogey or sometimes worse After a good hole for me. (lately anyway) It's been a while since I've strung together a few birdies in a row, or at least not to screw up after a good hole.

I'm more like the hole AFTER a birdie ... what I like to call a "PBFU" ... Post Birdie F*** Up! It's always a bogey or sometimes worse After a good hole for me. (lately anyway) It's been a while since I've strung together a few birdies in a row, or at least not to screw up after a good hole.
I'm the same way. I always say the world has to balance itself after I make birdie

This is my biggest problem this season.....blow up holes. Usually the next hole after the blow up is fine but damn if one goes in the water or OB look out. Iv played with more than one group this year and after 5-6 holes they start to make the comments "you sure your a 13 hcp?" "I think your baggin" .....then a couple holes later "now I see why your hcp is at a 13 lol"

I even narrow it a bit to shot to shot. Hit a really bad shot...say a pull hook off the tee on a par 5 that goes short and left. I tend to think through how to minimize the damage from stroke to stroke...or conversely capitalize on an above average shot. By the time I get done with that focus there is not really a hole to hole bounce back so much as a shot to shot

This is actually something been really happy with my improvements on this year. Two examples in recent memory come to mind.

In my PB round a few weeks ago, I went bogey-bogey to start, then a really ugly double on a fairly easy par 3. Followed that one up with a birdie en route to +5 on the day.

Second one was at Hype. I was barely hanging on from holes 10-13, then absolutely blew up on 14. Knew I had given up my lead and had to hunker down. Split the fairway on the next drive, and went par-par-par to finish.

I've had 1-3 bad holes lately and have Ben able to go bogey or better after each of them. Trying to keep the mind set of focusing on the shot at hand and not worrying about the last hole or last shot helps

It carts a lot. Some days it's like quicksand and I don't recover others I can come back with a birdie.

I definitely give shots gained back too quickly. A birdie is often followed with a bogey. My new plan is to birdie the last hole so there is no way to give it back

How is your "Bounce Back" ability after a bad hole?

I know everyone is of different abilities here, but how do you bounce back after a really bad hole, whether that is double/triple/the dreaded snowman/ or even a 10

How often are you able to Par/Birdie/Bogey the next hole and move on with the round and not let it affect you/your round?

For me looking at past cards (last 5 rounds) and results for me it's pretty good with a triple or worse I've parred or better 8 out of 10 times.

*The past 5 rounds looks like I'm good for one triple (or worse) a round.

So THP how do you fair with the bounce back?

Shotgun a beer and move on. Now if I did that on every hole I wouldn't make it past the 7th tee.

My bounce back has improved this year. I'm making par or better after a bogie 60% of the time. But I have days where I'll string together 3 bad holes from no where. Then I feel I have to press when really I just need to slow down.

Happen to me last night. Triple bogeyed hole 2 and went B/P/B/P/B/B. I've really worked on letting the bad holes go.

To be honest, I'm the reverse. I normally follow a birdie with a score over par LOL

#FiberLaunch

Sometimes better than others! Sometimes I bounce right back, other times I can seemingly get stuck on a bogey train that doesn't appear to have any stops. It's amazing how much the mental aspect of this game impacts our play!

I usually just swing away with my driver as hard as I can on the next hole, sometimes that works out, sometimes not so much.

Birdie/Double Bogey

This 100%. If I birdie, it will more than likely be followed by bogey or worse.

Bounce back wise? Gotten much better at minimizing a Double Bogey or higher. At most, it will be a bogey.
Eliminate the penalty strokes, keep the ball going forward (not side to side), and sink putts.

Back