US Open? (Tennis) 2017

Northerner

Reaction score
No thread here on the U.S. Open tennis tournament?

Can't believe Bellis just lost. Such a young American talent. Shame really. Vandeweghe down a set now too.

Love this time of year. US Open tennis, football just getting started, FedEx cup, so plenty of good sports to watch.

It's not the same without a late 5 set 1am finish Todd Martin match I always used to get just before heading back to school, seemingly every US Open.

It is a good time of year though.

Will probably plan to attend a session next year. Too many things going on with kids stuff at school this time, but need to make it to tourney at least once.

I wish I wasn't half a country away from NY.

I guess just going to NYC is on my bucket list...maybe some matches some day down the road?

The Federer/Tiafoe match was really good. It looks like we have an up and comer player from the US on the mens side. I saw a bit on Tiafoe on Real Sports about 3-4 months ago, ever since I saw it I have been keeping track of him. I miss the Sampras, Agassi, Chang days.

The Federer/Tiafoe match was really good. It looks like we have an up and comer player from the US on the mens side. I saw a bit on Tiafoe on Real Sports about 3-4 months ago, ever since I saw it I have been keeping track of him. I miss the Sampras, Agassi, Chang days.

I saw that Real Sports segment as well. I would have looked out for him and I should have known he was playing.

How did he do?

edit - 5 setter with Feds. Good effort.

He played well, started off hot, then Federer came back strong in 2 and 3. I honestly thought it was over, Tiafoe looked tired, then he found another gear and took 4. 5 was closer than score indicated, Tiafoe had a chance to take it, but experience won out.

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk

Tough break drawing the GOAT in the midst of one of his greatest years as well.

obviously pulling for El Shapo in this one

Last edited:
Tough break drawing the GOAT in the midst of one of his greatest years as well.

Tiafoe can be proud of taking him to 5 though. Hopefully Fed holds it together better the rest of the way!

Tiafoe can be proud of taking him to 5 though. Hopefully Fed holds it together better the rest of the way!

Oh yeah I'm rooting for Feds no doubt.

Hopefully Querrey can make another big run. Turn in to this generation's Todd Martin lol.

Nadal is such an annoying player to watch. SO slow between every point, digging in his butt every point, wiping off between ecery point...and the grunting to top it off. Ish.

Nadal is such an annoying player to watch. SO slow between every point, digging in his butt every point, wiping off between ecery point...and the grunting to top it off. Ish.

Hahaha totally agree! Could you imagine juniors copying him?!?

And plays in a $750k watch. Rough life.

Yeah Nadal plays in a $750k watch and craps what I make in a year...I just wish the Tour powers that be would be more harsh on the antics that we see on the Tour.

There is no call for it. On both the men's and women's side.

Vesnina might be the most annoying shrieker on the women's Tour, and that's saying something. There's so many fighting for the Shrieker title:

The Williams' brothe...I mean sisters.
Sharapova
Azarenka
Vesnina

Good to see Kvitova through against the shrieker Muguruza.

Too bad all the American men are gone except for Samurai.

First time since 1985 all four US Open semifinalists in the women's draw are Americans.

Pulling for Vandeweghe.

Rooting for Nadal to win this slam!!

Watching Busta vs Anderson now until my Budget Golf Championship compadres return from their practice round lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back