Biggest Strength to Your Game?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the biggest strength and asset you have in your game right now?

Hitting fairways off the tee. Confidence with the driver is really high right now, and that sets everything up. Helps keep all the big numbers off the scorecard unless I royally screw up a short game shot.

Right now has to be my wedge game. 80% of my pars come because of a 1 putt because I can wedge it close or a 2 putt because I had a wedge in my hand after the tee shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now my biggest strength is Gear & Apparel....

What is the biggest strength and asset you have in your game right now?

Length. And some days that's not even an asset. Long ball sliced or hooked usually doesn't stay in play. lol

Really though... lately it has been wedge play. I've gotten quite a bit better with partial wedges.

Scrambling/wedges. Both have to be good since I'm in the trees or off greens a lot.

I've struggled with full swing ball striking all season, but what it's made me do is scramble and find certain unconventional ways to get up and down. Subsequently my short game has become stronger than the rest of my game.

Length/Strength - I don't really worry about hitting out of the rough because I can power through just about anything. However, with my length, if I mishit it, I mishit it way off line, but I hit a lot of short irons and wedges into the green.

Right now, about from 50 yards in.

At this time it is definitely putting, I've been doing a very good job of making mid length putts and avoiding 3 jacks.

Has to be the driver. The rest of my game has been really hot and cold for most of the season, but my driver has been 'ole reliable all year.

Putting. sometimes it is the wedges, but right now it is the putter.

Not giving a f#@%! Seriously I'm very laid back. Bad shots don't piss me off. I'm not good enough to be complaining about it. Just out here to have fun. Can put terrible shots out of my mind quickly and rebound by the next shot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Right now it's my short game

Right now has to be my wedge game. 80% of my pars come because of a 1 putt because I can wedge it close or a 2 putt because I had a wedge in my hand after the tee shot

This is me without question - my ability to scramble.
#Iceman

My wedges have always been my strong point. However, here lately - last month or so - my putting has been much better. Far fewer 3-putts than at any time in 25 years.

Without any doubt my short game has been the strongest part of my game. Chipping very close most times has taken the pressure off my putting which has then increased my confidence in my putting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Right now, my iron play. I've been doing a good job of planning well and judging distance and trajectory.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

it was driving until putting the new driver in the bag, but hoping to turn that around.

last two rounds it's been putting for sure. hopefully that keeps up. before the hot putter, i would have said approach shots in regulation. it's not that i hit a ton of greens, but my irons don't tend to be too far off line. thanks low spin!

I'd say driver accuracy and my short game (usually). Sometimes the short game goes a little wonky.

in order-
driver
hitting fairways

hybrids
long par 3s, 2nd shot par 5s

irons
hitting everything crisp right now

putting
some drop some dont

chipping
this is the part of my game i have to constantly keep working on, i dont like to have to make a putt from 5 feet all the time to save par..

Driving a cart and gawking at the cute cart girls. Actually my putting is better than expected. The rest is still a work in progress but there is progress.

Since I switched to the G400, it's been getting the ball in a playable position off the tee.

Course management.

I'm good at making good decisions and recognizing when I've made a bad one. Where I fall down is executing the shot I've planned out well.

Slightly behind is putting. I'm a very solid putter.

Back