Live Update Thread - 2015 THP Legacy

This is where Bret just hit one on 17 into the wind with no roll.
24fd373c60f0927ab7cd052430390cf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was just part of it too. He knew what to say when I needed it. Anybody that can get me to do a 180, deserves the big EFF YOU (in a good way).

I have ZERO idea what this means, but I really think it can't be anything other than awesome news...right?!?!?

I loved the time I spent playing with and competing against Kevin.

Dude has a great swing, a fierce competitive side, and a true passion for golf that I can really appreciate. He's a friend and I'm proud to say that.

Another awesome THP event in the books. It was great following along.

Congrats to Team Heritage and let's not forget Team Tradition who put up some stiff competition.

I hope to make it to a THP event...IT'S ON MY BUCKET LIST.

This is an awesome site with some awesome guys, who one day I hope to meet.

Congratulations Team Heritage! What a great follow this afternoon. All legacy's were forged over the past months and the final strikes formed champions of you all at TB and Caledonia. Thanks to Wilson, Bridgestone, Lamkin, KBS, THP, TB and Caledonia for taking care to help us all realize some of our dreams.

Well Done!

JM

That was just part of it too. He knew what to say when I needed it. Anybody that can get me to do a 180, deserves the big EFF YOU (in a good way).

He is a great dude and his family rocks. I am privileged an honored to all him a friend. I have had the pleasure to have played numerous round with him and he's been a huge influence.

And EFF you to brothers! But honestly, like I told you my man. I'm not going to do anything half assed. For me will for ever be more than material things. It's my friends it's my family. And if we crossed along the way and created a connection you're family.

Finally, people will talk sh!t, and not get the big picture even if they're in it. Josh and Morgan Babbitt; I'm forever grateful! The bonds I've established through your visions...life changing! The experiences I've had, no words can explain. But the love I've felt from my family will never ever go away. Thank you! Thank You!

He is a great dude and his family rocks. I am privileged an honored to all him a friend. I have had the pleasure to have played numerous round with him and he's been a huge influence.
Indeed. We are very lucky to have Kevin as a neighbor, golf partner but most of all a friend.

The thing is he's awesome without even trying to be. It's just a natural leadership instinct of his. We both know how much he put into this event, not just for him, I can't even imagine what he meant onsite to everyone down there this weekend, from JB to the Captains to the other 15 competitors.

I also know he will hate this post.

And yes JB, you yanked the dust works back out for me.

Wow, incredible to catch up on this thread after being away all day.

To ALL participants: one hell of a job giving it your all and playing your asses off today. There was some serious back and forth especially on the back 9 in some of these matches.

Congrats to Team Heritage for getting it done, played like champs and earned a very hard fought victory.

Kevin: thanks for being YOU dude. As real as it gets and I love you brother.

Safe travels to all back home. And team Heritage knows how to celebrate - love it!

Now that I have had sometime for everything to sink in I feel that I can say a few words. For starters a big thank you to JB and GolferGal for putting together this special event. Thank you to Canadan for stepping up and assisting with the day to day stuff along with the updates for the week.

For the past 4-5 months 16 THPers began a process. The process was to work towards creating there Legacy. Everyone this weekend created there Legacy one way or another. This had been one of the most incredible weeks of golf in my life. Every competitor here should walk with there head up high win or lose. What we did here today was so special and there isn't a single person that can take away the experience. Gentlemen it was truly an honor playing with every single one of you.

Congrats to Team Heritage and Mike for winning the Legacy! Congrats to all the players and both captains, you all were great this weekend. What a special event. Thank you to Wilson, KBS, Bridgestone, and Lamkin for making this happen. Your hearts and souls go into an event like this and it's a bittersweet moment when it's over. Thank you for all the updates and photos.

Mike Dean on cloud 9 is a site to behold. ha!

And EFF you to brothers! But honestly, like I told you my man. I'm not going to do anything half assed. For me will for ever be more than material things. It's my friends it's my family. And if we crossed along the way and created a connection you're family.

Finally, people will talk sh!t, and not get the big picture even if they're in it. Josh and Morgan Babbitt; I'm forever grateful! The bonds I've established through your visions...life changing! The experiences I've had, no words can explain. But the love I've felt from my family will never ever go away. Thank you! Thank You!

Kevin you are truly one of the good ones brother.

Love this thread.

Well done everyone its a blast to read!

One more big shout out to Canadan. ****ing guy was amazing this week. Took time off of his work, flew his own way down to Myrtle Beach, all because he knew this event was going to be great, and I could not do it alone. My ****ing ROCK this week. The laughs, the tears, the happy, the anger, he was the person that kept me sane. Love you dude, and nobody can take away those memories.

Even though we lost to mikedean and Dev (they owned us)
Even though you wont stop saying the word moist once you found out I hate it.
Even though the words richard pic are now a verb to get mikedean to miss a shot.

You were amazing. None of this event goes off without your hard work.
Oh you went there? Tough break. I'm in a not very moist airport with a ton of time to kill.

I'll have my moment at a computer to share my detailed thoughts about an event that pulled on my heartstrings from day one, the competitors who gave it their all and walked away proud of everything they worked toward, and of course the incredible sponsors that make this all possible.

But you know what? **** you right back, JB. You grind out these ridiculous ideas, pitch them, create them, convince Mikey to locate them, and then start an agonizingly long process to make sure 16 guys get decked out in amazing gear, the tour treatment right down to fittings on the flightscope and tech talk from the guys who flat out know. You feed them, support them throughout the week, and I don't care what is said in this thread, it will never be enough to adequately thank you for talking normal golfers and putting them in an extraordinary environment.

You're ridiculous. Perfectionist to a fault and never willing to sit back and say it's enough. That's your Legacy. At dinner, when we sat back and watched 18 guys create groups of 9 with people who are practically strangers a week prior and now embrace like family. That is flat out not happening anywhere else, and it is YOU (and Morgan OF COURSE) who create these memories and opportunities for us.

Please, please, PLEASE don't ever stop brainstorming. I can't wait to see where THP is headed. This is my community. This is my golf lifestyle. This is my family.

Thank you Josh.

Just got back in.

Really, really enjoyed reading all the coverage. Hats off to everyone who worked so hard to provide it. It brought so many memories flooding back of why those two courses and the memories made there are so special.

Congrats to Team Heritage on their victory, but it is so true that in an an event such as this, there simply aren't any losers.

Congrats Team Heritage! Congrats to everyone involved! What a great event!

f1cbeed312fb2e232c147acdf9b5658b.jpg

THPers getting ready for some good BBQ.

f1cbeed312fb2e232c147acdf9b5658b.jpg

THPers getting ready for some good BBQ.

The competition is done, and official activities past. Here we have both teams enjoying a meal and shooting the breeze. Cool to see and be a part of.

6c532847d94c6e4097802939d81d9317.jpg

CJGOLF25 and I going big.

Victory does in fact, taste sweet.

9657fc91751637ed29ce979ebcca2a6d.jpg

Back