Want to Review Bushnell Excel GPS Watch?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This GPS Watch from Bushnell Golf has a lot of the bells and whistles, THP is looking for some reviewers for a long term review on the THP Forum. Each lucky THPer will receive a brand new Bushnell Excel and their job will be to put it through its paces for a period of a couple of months and let everybody know how well it works.

Bushnell%20Test_edited-1-L.jpg

Want to test one out? We have a number of them to ship out for review and when the review period is up, you get to keep the new watch.

1. Subscribe to THP TV on YouTube
2. Post a comment in this thread on why you think this GPS will help you. Include your YouTube handle in your post.
3. Sit back and see if you are chosen.

If you are a 2017 Albatross Club member, the shipping of the item is free of charge. If you are not, and selected, a small shipping fee will be necessary before sending of the unit. For more information on this, or how you can join and help support an amazing charitable organization, click here.

Good luck everybody.

Last edited:

I would love to try this watch, I use a laser but I've always been interested in gps watch technology. Would be nice to actually try one on the course.
Edit: my handle is dwchockey13 it's the same handle everywhere so I can remember it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've always wanted a GPS watch for a few reasons.

1. rhythm. Taking my range finder out, forgetting it in the cart, checking distance, putting it away etc, always seems extraneous and takes away from golf.
2. I always wear watches, so it seems natural to have a GPS watch
3. I love tech
4. I want something that will tell me hazards, green, pin, etc without having to laser them all

Thanks for the opportunity jb!

Having a GPS watch would help me speed up my game. I'm always going to my phone app for information and it would be a lot quicker just to look down at my wrist to get yardages to pull a club. Would speed up a round a LOT. Laser range finders are cumbersome. I'd be curious how swinging a club with this around your wrist would actually feel and if they've engineered it with different swings in mind for comfort. It's Bushnell so I'm sure its very accurate. Curious of the comfort and durability.

I use to be really good at guessing yards, but as of late I am off terribly. My rangefinder is giving my bad numbers as well so the Bushnell Excel GPS watch would really help me get better numbers than I have been getting lately.

My Garmin S20 is on its last legs so this would be timely bit of luck.

I feel lost on the course without it now, easily knowing the distances around the course has certainly helped me improve my game and the Bushnell would help me do that in style.

I do A LOT of walking, about 80% of the time I am walking the course. Being able to use a GPS watch would make determining yardages so convenient and easy. There is nothing worst than guessing the yardage and then hitting the perfect shot only to realize it's the wrong club.

I've never had a GPS or a Range Finder in my golfing career. I've always relied on the metal plate on the ground with yardage, Cart GPS (if they had one) and always mooching off a friend. It's about time I find something I like, so I'd love to be a tester for this and see what benefits I've been missing on.

Youtube Handle: Won Ton and/or Won Shin

Last edited:
I've been a subscriber to THP TV for awhile. YouTube handle - Lionel Turgeon

Why I want one? Well I've been using Skydroid on my android phone for a few years now. It is a great app, but the margin of error when accurate is +/- 4 yards, and in places can be +/- 7 yards.
I would really like a bit more accuracy in the readings.
I think it would improve my game.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Already subscribed (Saki M.)

I'm 100% sure this watch will help me for 2 reasons. #1 is (like I've stated in a couple other posts) I hate using the GPS and score tracking apps. It just seems to get in the way of the game. Unless I'm updating a Live Round thread on here, I like to keep the cell phone out of sight and out of mind. #2 is that I lost a rangefinder on the course once, because I kept it out of it's pouch and it somehow fell out of the cart....since then I keep it in it's pouch so everytime I need it I have to walk to my bag, pull it out, get a read, then go back and put it back it....just like the cell phone, it sometimes get's annoying and interferes with my game.

The watch, on the other hand (pun intended), is always with you, always working, and just takes a glance at to get your read and go about club selection, etc. it isn't a matter of "thinking" it would help...I KNOW it would.

Thanks for the opportunity!!!

Last edited:

I would want this to use to always know how far to the pin, usually always looking for markers and those don't take the pin placement into account. This will give me spot of distances so I can go pin hunting!

Thanks for awesome opportunity!

You tube ID: Michael Cunningham
cCB1bkiX4qeCOOJAt3KVfg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'd love to use one of these as I've never owned a laser or watch of any sort. I'm sure my playing partners would appreciate it if I didn't have to ask them for a distance every shot.

Youtube- Justin Hixson

I've wanted to try a GPS watch for a while - I think sometimes "less is more" when it comes to distances into a green, and I'd like to see how playing front-center-middle distances compares to knowing the exact distance to the pin. I know I've gotten myself into a bit of trouble when the green complex has been different than it looked from a distance and I played to a pin that wasn't where I thought it was relative to everything else.

YouTube should be under Matthew Peterson

I'm in! Youtube handle: campilobaxter

I currently have a Bushnell Neo iON GPS watch and I love it. I would love to try this new watch from Bushnell and compare it to the older model.

Last edited:
Would be honored to review this for THP.

I'm a golfer that likes to know my numbers and that includes F/M/B when approaching greens. I also like to use numbers on each hole for calculating how I want to play it (tee shot of x distance leaves x to green, etc). This appears it would be a good tool for someone with that approach to their strategy.

Youtube handle: mcook77

Last edited:
I am would love to test a GPS watch and compare it to my laser range finder. When playing with other players I find there is big gaps in yardages.

Youtube = Avelanchefan

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am a watchsmith so naturally i think it's a cool concept i have the neo and it's pretty good but u would like to see what this newer tech is compared to the old
I'm ms.madi on you tube

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Interested in this opportunity to test the Excel watch. I have been walking weekly and the ease of a GPS watch would really help rather than relying on a phone app. Very curious about the tempo & swing speed info as it is something I've never tracked. The phone app looks really well done, and the fly overs appear to be a good touch for playing new courses.

Already subscribed on YouTube (Obed Torres).

Thanks for the opportunity and good luck to the testers!

Last edited:
I only use a basic GPS (Callaway Eclipse) for front, middle, and back locations. Don't want a laser. But this GPS watch is loaded with stuff that I'd love to try and review.

Thanks for the chance.

You Tube is Michael Hogan (kenomikes).

YouTube handle is Amandeep Nijjar. This watch would help me settle the debate on GPS vs Laser rangefinders. I have never used golf gps besides my phone and I would be interested to see if this could stack up to my stout Tour X.

If you are not including your Youtube handle, your entry will not be counted guys. Thanks.

The GPS watch would help me because I like to have accurate yardages, but can't use a range finder because my hands shake to much that I can't lock the target reticle onto the pin.

If you are not including your Youtube handle, your entry will not be counted guys. Thanks.

Thanks, fixed that.

The GPS watch would help me because I like to have accurate yardages, but can't use a range finder because my hands shake to much that I can't lock the target reticle onto the pin.

Can you hold your wrist still long enough to read the numbers? :act-up:

1. Already subscribed
2. I've been using a laser but I think I would score better knowing front/middle/back distances instead. When pins are too far front I tend to come up short using the laser, and when they are back my tendency is to go long. I'd be better knowing what it is to the center and play accordingly.
3. Phil Michel on YouTube

Good luck guys!

Back