2015 THP Invitational at The Club at Savannah Harbor

Hole No.3 looks beefy.

I also think I need to bring some extra balls.

27zgncx.jpg

Teams get posted the week of the event, so you have a bit of time still.
Thanks, Morgan. That's what I thought but I couldn't remember for sure.

Anybody ever drove the first green at an Invitational? Asking for ATLGolfer, btw.

Unfortunately, I will not be there. I have to stay here and tend to Ellie while she continues her recovery after her surgery. It's an 8 week recovery, but due to a few additional health issues and her age the doctor said it could be a bit longer than that.

KellyBo and I were thinking of Ellie last night. So sorry she is going through this however she knows her Mom & Dad love her and will take good care of her while she mends.

Anybody ever drove the first green at an Invitational? Asking for ATLGolfer, btw.

I don't think anyone did at the last ATL Invitational. That first hole was definitely driveable (but a little narrow). I don't think I have 330ish in the bag unless I'm playing via The Internet.

Yikes, a 170 yard par 3 from the front tees. There's a 600-ish yard par 5 in there too.

Say W-H-A-T? Definitely not music to this old short knocker's ears! Probably a lot of 400+ yard par 4's in there too. Love 'em. Guess I'll have to bring my Extra Strength Geritol with me that weekend.

Yikes, a 170 yard par 3 from the front tees. There's a 600-ish yard par 5 in there too.

Say W-H-A-T? Definitely not music to this old short knocker's FOUR TIME HALL OF FAMER'S ears! Probably a lot of 400+ yard par 4's in there too. Love 'em. Guess I'll have to bring my Extra Strength Geritol with me that weekend.

Fify Ken...

Say W-H-A-T? Definitely not music to this old short knocker's ears! Probably a lot of 400+ yard par 4's in there too. Love 'em. Guess I'll have to bring my Extra Strength Geritol with me that weekend.

Fify Ken...

Sounds like we need to start Ken-proofing these courses to give others a shot at winning these things.

Fify Ken...

Sounds like we need to start Ken-proofing these courses to give others a shot at winning these things.

I expect that this course, being probably near or on the Atlantic, will have a good deal of wind. Couple that with some long(ish) holes and voila! you have an anti-v.man golf course! But, It's all good! I'm really looking forward to the weekend after next. There are some really good people coming to this, whom I call friends, and some new people I'm looking forward to meeting. It's a THP Event. It's Savannah. It's going to be incredible!

Question! What tees will we be playing at this event? The course looks like it is going to be a heck of a lot of fun, but I'd definitely game plan differently for different tees. Can't wait!

Question! What tees will we be playing at this event? The course looks like it is going to be a heck of a lot of fun, but I'd definitely game plan differently for different tees. Can't wait!

The tees that we play generally aren't announced until the day of the actual event. However, it frequently is a combination of blues and whites. For example, whites for the par 3's and 5's, and blues for the par 4's. The actual course layout, distances and conditions are considered by JB at the event when choosing the tees we'll play.

They will probably tell us that morning...may be one set or they have done a mixed set before (say blues on Par 5s and Par 3s and whites on Par 4s). They always try to make it fair for everyone.

Cool. I was just curious! I'm game for whatever, I'm just excited about my first THP event and am looking forward to having a great time and meeting some fantastic people!

Cool. I was just curious! I'm game for whatever, I'm just excited about my first THP event and am looking forward to having a great time and meeting some fantastic people!

No doubt a great time will be had. There's nothing like being with a group of THPers. Looking forward to meeting you.

I expect that this course, being probably near or on the Atlantic, will have a good deal of wind. Couple that with some long(ish) holes and voila! you have an anti-v.man golf course! But, It's all good! I'm really looking forward to the weekend after next. There are some really good people coming to this, whom I call friends, and some new people I'm looking forward to meeting. It's a THP Event. It's Savannah. It's going to be incredible!

Anti-v.man course = not a golf course.
You are always in play, as long as it is golf.
Looking forward to seeing if 5x HOF is in your immediate future!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You folks coming from low humidty states ready to get a good case of swamp arse? Just saying you might want to bring ya self some monkey butt power :thumb:

You folks coming from low humidty states ready to get a good case of swamp arse? Just saying you might want to bring ya self some monkey butt power :thumb:

It's like the Northeast knew I was coming to this and decided to ramp up temperature and humidity ahead of my trip. It's like a steam room up here this week. Whatever the temperature is, like Ken said - it's Savannah and THP. Can't go wrong.

OG, after a great several days, in MB, I'm now well-versed in chafing avoidance.

I am checking with Mike to see if we can add anymore. We aren't technically full, but the course requested a head count already which we gave them so we need to see if that can be changed.

I am quoting myself to follow-up. Yes, we can still take 2 more people for this event we just confirmed with the course.

Anyone still looking to split a hotel room? I seem to have forgot to book one, so wanted to ask before I did so.

Can't wait!!!

Quoting again
I am quoting myself to follow-up. Yes, we can still take 2 more people for this event we just confirmed with the course.

Anyone still looking to split a hotel room? I seem to have forgot to book one, so wanted to ask before I did so.

Contact cpljohnst. He posted in the extra rounds thread he was looking for a roommate.

Back