Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this ends up being the same as the 2014 Bertha but with the speed retention of the 815, they can have all of my money right now. I absolutely LOVE the 2014 Bertha.

If they go on to use the Biggest Big Bertha name again, I will laugh like crazy for an hour then go and buy 1 sight unseen! I still wonder about how much the V Series/GBB crosses over with the XR as it looks like both lines will be continuing on.

I do always love the speculation games. :alien:

If this ends up being the same as the 2014 Bertha but with the speed retention of the 815, they can have all of my money right now. I absolutely LOVE the 2014 Bertha.

His is exactly what I'm thinking. 2014 BB was a great driver and if the R-Moto face is incorporated, I'm anxious to see the results

I do always love the speculation games. :alien:

All part of the fun! This is why I've got zero problems with multiple options and releases. Fun to see what companies are doing to target different golfers.

Of all the clubs Callaway makes, the woods seem to work the best for me, so it sounds like Aug. 4th will be a fun day.

Well, I'm not gonna buy one... Because I'm joining JMAN at the Grandaddy!!!!! Woo-hoo!!! Yesss! I can't wait!!!

Oh, crud!!! Sorry, Finley! I was supposed to "spoiler" that!!! Dang it!!! Wrong thread too!!!

How do we do the spoiler thingy again???

Looks like Pat Perez is putting it into play!

Having both heads and struggling mightily to decide which I like better, I agree with this completely as well.

If that is your purpose, then you have a really jerky way to do it. Regardless of your position on the redundancy of the argument of release cycles, nowhere is permission given to come at me with a double barreled snark cannon. It doesn't make me want to participate in conversation knowing that these kinds of responses are lurking. I personally know of THP'ers who have stopped posting because of this kind of behavior. THP is supposed to be a friendly, welcoming place and your post accomplished neither.

I apologize for derailing this thread to JB, Morgan, and everyone else in the THP family. Just hit a nerve here. Back to the club talk.

I am late to the thread and was honestly surprised only one post snarked on you. I worry but not from a resale perspective but more from a market oversaturation (it has hurt TM IMO), which like yours is a legitamate concern and worth having a civil discussion over.

Someone should just make a release cycle thread and we can keep it all there.

Hmmmm......sliding weights in the back again.....and the weight in the back on the other club. Should make for an interesting fall.

I am late to the thread and was honestly surprised only one post snarked on you. I worry but not from a resale perspective but more from a market oversaturation (it has hurt TM IMO), which like yours is a legitamate concern and worth having a civil discussion over.

While it's always fun to see new products come out to market, people tend to forget that the pictures were shown by journalist that cover the PGA Tour. Yesterday was not the official launch of the clubs, hence why JB said all will be explained on Aug 4th. Until Callaway releases their official marketing information about these clubs, any information posted has the potential to be incorrect. Members are asking which club replaces which club or guessing if something is a gravity core or not a gravity core. Why rush to judge, especially negatively, if only pictures were shown without any chance for information about the clubs to be presented? These have the potential to be really helpful for some people so why not wait to hear all the information first, then form your opinion after hearing what the company has to say?

When a company sells out of a product, what should they do? Sit back and say great, or come out with the next big thing. That is VERY different than what other companies have done with multiple releases.

Very curious to see if the weight rail works. I can say without hesitation it had zero impact for me in the 2014 BB. I prefer a fade and pushing the weight there did nothing for me. If this can push more weight to the toe I will be all ears.

When a company sells out of a product, what should they do? Sit back and say great, or come out with the next big thing. That is VERY different than what other companies have done with multiple releases.

Related to this comment (and I'm sure that others have more first hand information about this), I have heard second hand from one local retailer that the Callaway inventory of the BB815 lines is extremely low right now as they try to clear out the remaining few before the new launch. Along those lines, when I was in a PGA SS this weekend, the 815 racks were pretty barren with only a few here and there available, while other brands and even the XR lines still had decent looking supply. Callaway definitely seems to have a handle around the leftover inventory issue that hit TaylorMade and the retailers so badly in the past (and I know it was a big business priority to do so).

I won't blame them if they don't, but I'd love for them to do an upgrade/trade-in promotion again this year. I'd have to seriously consider taking them up on it.

I don't know how they've done it, but Callaway has done a fantastic job rebranding the old school equipment names. For me, now when I hear someone talk about Big Bertha, I don't think about the huge irons I had that were from 96. I think about these beautiful drivers, fairways metals and irons

I played the Big Bertha with the sliding weight and while my spin was a bit high with the driver I can attest to the fact that sliding weight did work for me with directional help and forgiveness. I've since gained about twenty yards (and lost 700 rpms) with my DBD but the Big Bertha was exceptionally forgiving. I've been loving my DBD but the driver is the one club I allow myself to splurge on so I'll be picking up the as soon as it's available.

Idk and dont claim to know but a discussion can be had without snark.

I went in to Golf Galaxy to look at fairways - they had a single 815 fairway, one V series driver, 2 815s, and a handful of DBDs. The same store had 10-15 JetSpeed drivers and fairway woods. Callaway is doing an excellent job managing inventory. As someone who's interested in options at the top end of the bag right now, I'm looking forward to these new releases.

Idk and dont claim to know but a discussion can be had without snark.

Using that same premise, can we discuss a new release without mentioning product cycles or frequency? I'm in if so. I'm a club ho and new clubs just feed the desire to play more golf.

A lot of guys are switching on tour. Early numbers have 16 guys making the switch to the two new drivers this week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Took this to the range and will have an update tomorrow. Really interesting club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back