Who is the first THP member you met?

gr8dryv

Big Boned
Reaction score
Handicap
Job & Kids
RTPARTY was my first face-to-face THP interaction, we met at the airport on the way to the 2014 Gauntlet. I've met nearly 100 new people because of THP and I'm looking forward to many more.

Buckjob was the first THP member I met. Took a taxi from the airport to Reunion for my first event.

Dan Leavit and some guy named Wes at the Des Moines Tour Van stop way back in 2011.

DawgDaddy. Surprised I stuck around.

(Totally kidding, DD is awesome)

#Cookie and the Gentle Panda Tadashi. I'd say I got a good start with THP! :D

KellyBo & Ole Gray or Ole Gray & KellyBo not sure of the order as it was the same day.

Jman in May of 2011 after he arrived at my house and drove down to Austin with me and my kids for a THP get together.

For me, it was Morgan when I checked in to the AC Invitational. Second person I met was JB.

Tequila4Kapp- played a round with Frank at TPC Las Vegas back in June.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I can't remember who the first THPer I met was, as I got together with about 16 of them at Grand Cypress at an unofficial meetup, and can't remember who the first I met when getting there. But my first round was played with JB and the late great (left the forum, not dead) Tmex.

ATLgolfer. Seth saw from a post I'd made that I lived near a course he was going to be playing the following weekend and sent me an invite to play. Figured that if he was the average THPer I'd meet that it would be OK to stick around this place for a while.

ATLgolfer. Seth saw from a post I'd made that I lived near a course he was going to be playing the following weekend and sent me an invite to play. Figured that if he was the average THPer I'd meet that it would be OK to stick around this place for a while.

I agree, Seth is pretty average. :alien:

I believe it was Barry - cpljohnst at a warmup for the invitational in Atlanta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TripleBogeyTim and VMan both were waiting for me at the Houston airport on the way to Lake Charles.

Two great freaking guys!

First was Blugold at last year's Gauntlet, and shortly after half of the people who were running the Gauntlet with me. It was amazing and looking forward to meeting more at the Disney event

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

JB met me for a round of golf at Westchase.

Mine were TripleBogieTim and 2Shoes.

Johnny Mojo as I walked up to the club house in Muscle Shoals.

I agree, Seth is pretty average. :alien:

2614.jpg

Skibumgolfer
Checkered
Hokiegolfer

First person I talked with face to face was at the Iowa Tour Van Event, and I'm 95% sure it was the one and only Hawk.

First for me was T2GRN18.

I had been on the forum for a bit over six months. We both live in Maryland and thanks to TheCrest4 for starting the local thread we had interacted there for a while. Then we met up at local demo day a few months later. He had just come back from the Original Grandaddy, I had no problem recoginzinng him from his reaction video. I'm pleased to say that he remains a good friend to this day.

As for out of town THP'ers the first I met was JMan at ATL Airport last September when we were both waiting to catch the connecting flight to West Palm Beach for the Bridgestone Championship. Really enjoyed that hour or so with him in the airport. Got a nice history rundown on THP.

I knew hokiegolfer before I even signed up for the forum. First one actually through the forum though was gts1982.

I think it was Canadan in May of 2011, if not then it was whoever I saw at the outing first that year.

Back