The Car Shopping Thread

I have a 2015 Kia Optima and I just looked up the Warranty info and it says that it's fully transferable to subsequent owners. Are you sure you got correct info? Maybe the 2013 warranty isn't, but that seems weird.

I had never heard that either, so I looked it up and he is right. Unless it's changed for 2015, the 100000 mile warranty shifts to 60K if the vehicle is sold. I didn't see anything on their website about the warranty being transferable so I'm guessing it hasn't changed.

I had never heard that either, so I looked it up and he is right. Unless it's changed for 2015, the 100000 mile warranty shifts to 60K if the vehicle is sold. I didn't see anything on their website about the warranty being transferable so I'm guessing it hasn't changed.

I looked up the 2013 for Kia and it said the 100,000 is transferable but the limited power train is not. But for my car it said everything was transferable. Weird!

I looked up the 2013 for Kia and it said the 100,000 is transferable but the limited power train is not. But for my car it said everything was transferable. Weird!

Just found this in the 2015 Warranty manual, looks like Russ is right, used vehicles are covered to 60K only.
For Original Owners (defined below), the PowerTrain Limited Warranty begins upon expiration of the60 month/60,000 mile Basic Limited WarrantyCoverage, and will continue to cover the followingcomponents up to 120 months or 100,000 miles fromthe Date of First Service, whichever comes first

Kinda shady, when we were looking at Kias the sales guy and manager went on and on about the warranty, never mentioned it wasn't transferable.

Just found this in the 2015 Warranty manual, looks like Russ is right, used vehicles are covered to 60K only.
For Original Owners (defined below), the PowerTrain Limited Warranty begins upon expiration of the60 month/60,000 mile Basic Limited WarrantyCoverage, and will continue to cover the followingcomponents up to 120 months or 100,000 miles fromthe Date of First Service, whichever comes first

Kinda shady, when we were looking at Kias the sales guy and manager went on and on about the warranty, never mentioned it wasn't transferable.

I've looked at both Optimas and Sonatas, it was the Hyundai salesguy who gave me the full story on the warranty & how they transferred. The Kia salesguy was more interested in getting all of my info to start talking financing. I liked the Optima, & the Kia dealership is only a few minutes from my house (it actually was the Saturn dealership where I bought my current car), but the Sonata overall is a better fit for me as far as handling, looks, and price. Around me, a 2013 Optima LX with 30k is $16,900 while a Sonata GLS with 22k is $14,400 (or $14,800 with only 13k on the odometer). Not a *huge* price difference, but knowing that we'll be car shopping again in 2 years is a big factor for me right now.

My mom got a sonata last week, I really like that car, for a sedan.

Went to check out another Sonata on my lunch break, lo and behold after being on the lot for over 3 months it was sold JUST before I got there for my scheduled appointment! But that was OK, they were happy to show me ones $4k above what I told them I was looking to pay.

There's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

On the good side, it looks like the dealer that had the Sonata in excellent condition off personal lease is willing to work with me on the asking price & cost for the CPO, so I'm hopeful we can wrap it up tomorrow.

I worked out a deal on the CRV Touring today. I ended up getting it for 2k less than the local dealer, and 1200 less than I could get it anywhere else. It's from a dealer 2.5 hours away but they are going to deliver it.

I worked out a deal on the CRV Touring today. I ended up getting it for 2k less than the local dealer, and 1200 less than I could get it anywhere else. It's from a dealer 2.5 hours away but they are going to deliver it.

Nice deal dude plus delivery

The Car Shopping Thread

I love how EVERY SINGLE PERSON who drives an Audi says " I hope this isn't going to be expensive"

Two for two this morning.

It's an Audi jag off its gonna be expensive .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Shopping Thread

One of these days when it rains I'm gonna make a list of all the manufacturers and their stereotypical owners.

Hopefully I can make some people laugh.

I can generally tell what type of vehicle someone drives after talking to them for 10 minutes I do it with my wife all the time and it cracks her up .

I can generally tell what type of vehicle someone drives after talking to them for 10 minutes I do it with my wife all the time and it cracks her up .

I wreak of old man car. :D

One of these days when it rains I'm gonna make a list of all the manufacturers and their stereotypical owners.

This can make for entertainment at the Gauntlet.

Hahaha do it!

Bad news for Audi guy one.

New power stage and ignition coil.

Only about 600$ of not too expensive.

I paid that for a starter on a Jeep Commander. :beat-up::sad:

I love how EVERY SINGLE PERSON who drives an Audi says " I hope this isn't going to be expensive"

Two for two this morning.

It's an Audi jag off its gonna be expensive .

I love the look of an Audi, but when I realized the maintenance costs were what they were, I won't ever scratch that itch.

Car to be delivered tomorrow, wife is a happy camper

Ha, I was actually looking at an Audi RS6 when I was car shopping recently, that was until I found out what it takes just to change the oil in that car.

Looking for a daily driver for myself.. Not looking to pay over $9000. Doesn't have to have all of the bells and whistles. I am interested in Accord's and Acura TL's.

I previously had an 06 Accord and it was great, but I've always loved the TL's. Is it a reliable car? Is 100-120K too many miles for a used TL? Any big issues? Also, interested in the Acura MDX as well. Any issues with those? Looking at the 05-07 range for TL, MDX and Accords.

Well, the months of research has finally come to an end! Picked this one up today.

c739e3d3bbe51efaea731b93e4c21740.jpg

Looking for a daily driver for myself.. Not looking to pay over $9000. Doesn't have to have all of the bells and whistles. I am interested in Accord's and Acura TL's.

I previously had an 06 Accord and it was great, but I've always loved the TL's. Is it a reliable car? Is 100-120K too many miles for a used TL? Any big issues? Also, interested in the Acura MDX as well. Any issues with those? Looking at the 05-07 range for TL, MDX and Accords.

My 06 TL has 132k trouble free miles. I got it with 13K on it. I've had it 6 years and enjoy driving it every day. The only thing you really will need is a timing belt (every 100K), oil every 7500, tires and brakes. Kinda quick, great highway cruiser and I get high 20s MPG.
There were some trans issues with the series before mine but it was more the fluid and pressure sensors from what I understand. I'd get another TL in a second. I'd be looking at getting the new TLX when the leases start to turn over in a couple of years, but I expect to get another 100+ out of mine.

Well, the months of research has finally come to an end! Picked this one up today.

c739e3d3bbe51efaea731b93e4c21740.jpg

Congrats dude, certified?

Congrats dude, certified?

Thanks! Yup, it's certified. '13 with 24k on the odometer. So I've got the remainder of the 5yr/60k on the primary warranty then the full 10/100 on the powertrain.

I got the usual upsell on additional coverage that I declined, but the one thing I did do was pay to cover all the electronics up to 10/100 with no deductible. So power seats, windows, locks, steering, radio, bluetooth, etc are all covered up to the 10/100. I had the Saturn for nearly 10 years so I hope to keep this one just as long. The good thing is, with the price I got it at, it'll be completely paid off in less than 2 yrs and I'm paying a few more bucks per month than my neighbor who just started a 3 yr lease on a Mazda 6

Thanks! Yup, it's certified. '13 with 24k on the odometer. So I've got the remainder of the 5yr/60k on the primary warranty then the full 10/100 on the powertrain.

I got the usual upsell on additional coverage that I declined, but the one thing I did do was pay to cover all the electronics up to 10/100 with no deductible. So power seats, windows, locks, steering, radio, bluetooth, etc are all covered up to the 10/100. I had the Saturn for nearly 10 years so I hope to keep this one just as long. The good thing is, with the price I got it at, it'll be completely paid off in less than 2 yrs and I'm paying a few more bucks per month than my neighbor who just started a 3 yr lease on a Mazda 6
Having it free and clear after two years is awesome. Sounds like a great buy.

Back