My 13 year old Son hitting driver.

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
I just wanted to share a video of my Son hitting a driver.
He is 6 ft-2, 245 lbs , and wears a size 15 shoe.
In the video he is hitting a Fly Z+ driver with X stiff VLCT shaft.
His ball cleared the trees in the distance, and around the corner. Laser showed it carried around 300+ yards.

Now he is playing an 816 Big Bertha Alpha DBD 9°driver.
This past summer he had 2 long drives of 365 and 358 with the DBD driver. It has an x stiff Fuji Vista Tour shaft in it.
Thanks for looking.

His average drives with smooth swing are around 270.
His lowest score for 9 holes is usually 37-38.
Yesterday he shot a personal record of 80 for 18 holes.
This was on aerated greens.

Last edited:
He can't wait until next year so that he can play on the high school team.
We are in Alma Arkansas if anyone wants to play sometime.
All the locals know him.

That's awesome and so very unfair haha

Wow! Giant 13 yo and his swing looks great. Is golf his favorite and what other sports does he play?

Big swing for a big kid.

I've played the Eagle Crest course a few times. Usually when we have a tourney at the club that I'm not playing in & I can't get on any of the other local courses.

Wow! Giant 13 yo and his swing looks great. Is golf his favorite and what other sports does he play?

His into golf and track.
No football for him.
Around here the football strategy is :
Take a large boy ( like my Son). Put him in front as a decoy ( crash test dummy).
Let the other team pile on him.
After he gets 2 concussions, he's out for the rest of his school years.
It's sad, but 7-9 of his friends won't be allowed to play any sports until after they graduate because of too many concussions.

Last edited:
Nice swing! His physical size is definitely a plus in regards to length. I was short and skinny at 13; had no distance. I hope his game continues to progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big swing for a big kid.

I've played the Eagle Crest course a few times. Usually when we have a tourney at the club that I'm not playing in & I can't get on any of the other local courses.

We play River Vally at Dyer.
That is the home course for the high school.
They told him to practice there, and the big tournaments are at Eagle Crest.
At River Valley he has to hit 3 wood on most of the par 4's.
His 5 iron distance is 205-215. A nice extra high draw.

His seeing looks like another Arkansas native. John Daly.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

His plan is to get a good scholarship and go into medical/science.
His grades are always straight A's & A+'s.
He started with real clubs when he was 4 years old.
With my Father-in-Law and I being golfers, he was interested.
We have 17 acres, and we keep a 3 hole practice area.
There is about 5 acres for chipping, irons and some fwy woods.
I would like to build an artificial practice green.
Thanks for all the good words and comments!!

His seeing looks like another Arkansas native. John Daly.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

We're big fans of John Daly and have met him before.
When my Son was about 5, we watched John play at the Web.com local tournament.
John autographed his shirt.

His plan is to get a good scholarship and go into medical/science.
His grades are always straight A's & A+'s.

Sounds amazing. Medicine is a very worthy career choice for sure. We need more good Doctors. Many more.

Best of luck to him and kudos to you for raising a son with a good head on his shoulders. Bravo!

Excellent!

That's awesome man. Your boy is a tank! Looking forward to hearing how HS golf goes.

Holy heck, that's a big guy for a 13 year old. Awesome swing and cool he's golfing and not playing football. Off topic - bet you have a big grocery bill, lol. I have a couple boys but they're still under 5, not quite eating me out of house and home yet.

That's awesome! Wish more kids would avoid football, especially at younger ages, and take up golf.

That's awesome! I can tell you are very proud of him and for good reason. He reminds me of a friend of mine who was that size at that age. He is now 6'5" and 270, when he hits a golf ball it's like a cannon went off. He also has 34 300 games bowling and he just turned 30.

Beautiful! I love the step though, just like Gary Player!

I'm jealous of his backswing

Thanks for the good words everyone.
A lot of the local people, teachers, coaches, and most of the students, get him a little discouraged because they try to tell him that "football " is where it's at and there is nothing else.
The people that know anything about golf say he has a future of some sort if he sticks with it.
He just wants a college education, and if anything else develops, it is a blessing.
From time to time I'll keep you posted on what/how he is doing.
Be looked at this post and said "Thank y'all for the encouraging words!"

Hey man, this is my son's first year stepping away from football and he's getting the same pressure here in a football crazed county. He's 13 as well...I've just tried to be over the top supportive of his new pursuits. He both suffered a concussion and delivered a pretty bad one to another kid last year and he wanted to step away. Be strong man :) he's got a fine looking swing!

Back