observations while watching live

Art M

Reaction score
Handicap
Gregm turned my on to a ticket to watch the Dell Tech yesterday. What a great time we had.....There were a couple things about the pros/game i noticed watching live that i did not really pick up on from tv. The pace of play is much slower than i expected. Their tour bags look awesome (love the srixon bag). I always wondered why people run to the ball and get so close to them when they are oob, because if you don't you aren't getting the "opportunity of a lifetime" because some one else is beating you to it. When the pros are playing a couple of feet within swinging distance of your face, you seem not to even exist in their world. Many of he players I saw yesterday are small men, which you can't really pick up on watching tv. Man, they are SKINNY! Chit Bubba might weight 140, lol. Guys like hideki, phil, rahm, look like they carry a little weight, well the tv definitely adds plenty of pounds to them/anyone because they really don't look "chubby". Everyone take a great big divot! They all play to a number! Lastly, they don't swing as hard as it looks like on tv. they really have a controlled smooth tempo.

I watched Stenson on the range a few years ago. He's a big fella that swings hard. The sound off the clubface of his irons is unreal. Echoed down the range.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am trying to see if I can volunteer at a PGA Tour event near me somewhere but the full schedule hasn't been released. I already applied to volunteer at the 2018 US Open.

I'd love to see these guys live!

It's the "effortless power" that amazes me the most when standing next to a tour player watching them swing. That, and the short game precision. It is fun to watch and much more appreciable watching live.

To add to Art's list:

1. They all basically play the same game. Nobody was out driving anyone by a large margin and nobody was way back. Every hole you could pick a spot to stand and more often than not all 3 guys landed in that area. It was then just a matter of who hit their 2nd shot closest to the pin.

2. They're perfectionists

3. Art M gets really excited when receiving a high five from Hideki Matsuyama

To add to Art's list:

1. They all basically play the same game. Nobody was out driving anyone by a large margin and nobody was way back. Every hole you could pick a spot to stand and more often than not all 3 guys landed in that area. It was then just a matter of who hit their 2nd shot closest to the pin.

2. They're perfectionists

3. Art M gets really excited when receiving a high five from Hideki Matsuyama

no kidding! i am a fan! not only did he low five me, i can tell he thought about cracking a smile! lol

Back