#TheHandCraftedExperience Travel / Extra Rounds and Activities Thread

I have no problems sending you money via paypal ahead of time to pay for my share. As long as you and Barry are cool with putting it all on your cards and getting paid by us.

I say do one card per whatever (car, hotel, etc.). We can then sort out who owes who how much. Can do checks/cash there or PayPal after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm down with it if Barry is (rewards points, woot!). Should be able to figure out what each person's share is pretty easily in Excel, and then we can go from there.

I talked a bit with Barry the other day and even though he booked, I'm going to try and use my card for our room (got some reward dollars to use) and he'll use his for the car. We'll get it all sorted :)

I talked a bit with Barry the other day and even though he booked, I'm going to try and use my card for our room (got some reward dollars to use) and he'll use his for the car. We'll get it all sorted :)

Yeah I've got some reward reimbursements I can cash in on as well, so the charge won't hurt me at all to carry in the short term. Wasn't trying to be a pest at all, just want to make sure we've got all our ducks in a row!

Soooo freaking excited for this, I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away now!

I am a bit freaking out over the dang design of it. I really am going back and forth on stuff and cant settle on how I want it to look.

I am a bit freaking out over the dang design of it. I really am going back and forth on stuff and cant settle on how I want it to look.

The more I think about it, the more I really like the black matte base so I think I might go that route, or a gradient from black to another color (if they can do that). With the Volt on the Vapor Pro, a gradient from black near the butt to Volt near the tip would be absolutely SICK looking.

The more I think about it, the more I really like the black matte base so I think I might go that route, or a gradient from black to another color (if they can do that). With the Volt on the Vapor Pro, a gradient from black near the butt to Volt near the tip would be absolutely SICK looking.
Any consideration to staying more neutral in case you get a new head down the road?

Any consideration to staying more neutral in case you get a new head down the road?

That's the thing that holds me back. I'm just unsure how truly "neutral" I can stay, since I know I want to get some VT maroon and orange in there, and some THP Green as well.

It's a struggle hahaha

The hotel should be able to split a bill amongst a few cards if needed. Cash/PayPal also work. I'm down with whatever.

Was just thinking about this the other day. I know we've got 2 suites at the Embassy (1 by Barry, 1 by me) and we'll be splitting them various ways between the 7 of us depending how many folks are around, but I was just wondering, what is the cleanest way to split things up? Will they split among several cards at the desk or are we better off sending money to each other via PayPal/check/etc.? Applies to rental cars/ridesharing with folks who have cars as well.

Yeah I've got some reward reimbursements I can cash in on as well, so the charge won't hurt me at all to carry in the short term. Wasn't trying to be a pest at all, just want to make sure we've got all our ducks in a row!

Soooo freaking excited for this, I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away now!

I'm fine with whatever. I don't travel much so I'm not saving up hotel points. I can do paypal or split the bill at the hotel, whichever you prefer.

So I went ahead and calculated out the totals each person should owe for hotels (assuming that the nightly rate Barry got is the same as mine, please correct me if wrong). I can post in here, or send out via PM if people aren't comfortable airing the info (the only info will be forum names, nights, and costs).

Since we have an uneven number of folks, there are some people staying for the same number of nights as another with a different total hotel cost. Should I just spread the difference out? It works out this way because when there was an uneven number of folks, I stuck the extra in Barry's suite so that he can keep his cost down a little bit since he's alone for the first night.

I'm with Barry the whole time :) I'm getting in Tuesday and heading out Sunday.

I think it's fair to just split each night by who is staying there. No point in the guys not staying Saturday to have to help contribute for those days.

We can always wait till after and do Paypals once everyone has final bills because there will also be car/gas/whatever to split I think.

I'm with Barry the whole time :) I'm getting in Tuesday and heading out Sunday.

I think it's fair to just split each night by who is staying there. No point in the guys not staying Saturday to have to help contribute for those days.

We can always wait till after and do Paypals once everyone has final bills because there will also be car/gas/whatever to split I think.

Whoops, for some reason I had it only being Barry for Tuesday night. Fixed it!

Yeah I split each night by the number of folks in the room. This way Galen, awk, and Spivey don't have to contribute for days they aren't a part of.

That works for me. This file will be a good start though and we can build on it to make sure we split things up accurately. You're right, there will be Barry's rental car as well as parking charges and gas for the folks bringing their rides - I can add that stuff in here once we get a better idea.

Whoops, for some reason I had it only being Barry for Tuesday night. Fixed it!

Yeah I split each night by the number of folks in the room. This way Galen, awk, and Spivey don't have to contribute for days they aren't a part of.

That works for me. This file will be a good start though and we can build on it to make sure we split things up accurately. You're right, there will be Barry's rental car as well as parking charges and gas for the folks bringing their rides - I can add that stuff in here once we get a better idea.

Just pull out my cost for Tuesday hotel all together. Using points for that night at a different hotel downtown. Courtney and I'll be checking in to the Embassy Suites on Wednesday after playing Torrey.

can't believe this is next week. Can't wait to be there and see what you all are about to go through.

Yeah, just looked at my work schedule. Will be working every day until I leave for SD Wednesday AM next week. I am still mentally a bit out of this event, but I will be tuned up by Sunday!!

Just pull out my cost for Tuesday hotel all together. Using points for that night at a different hotel downtown. Courtney and I'll be checking in to the Embassy Suites on Wednesday after playing Torrey.

Gotcha, making that change.

1 week from today and I'll be arriving in San Diego. Need a week long vacation like this bad. Work has been swamping me lately. Fortunately I love my job, but man is it time for a break! I want to take some time this weekend to look over Torrey and Balboa Park a bit online so I'll be more familiar with them.

1 week from today and I'll be arriving in San Diego. Need a week long vacation like this bad. Work has been swamping me lately. Fortunately I love my job, but man is it time for a break! I want to take some time this weekend to look over Torrey and Balboa Park a bit online so I'll be more familiar with them.

Me too Barry, we've got a ton of equipment coming in and it's NUTS. Can't wait to get down there!

BTW, I went ahead and fixed the sheet so it divides the total cost of both rooms by the total number of people. Works out pretty fair I think - right around $100/night for each person (a little less for the folks only staying 2 nights, since those are split more ways).

Cant wait to see everyone and experience all the fun.

Barry - I am bringing the hat!! It brought me good luck in GA, gonna keep it around.

So Tim and I get in around 10:30pm on Wednesday night...any of you great gentleman and scholars want to cart our asses from the airport to the Embassy Suites?? :laugh: :laugh:

Will of course kick in gas money, and you will earn the special bonus of a drink (or even two!!) on me!

I ask because we should probably figure out our taxi situation soon if not.

I am driving into SD Thur morning. I think it would make more sense for me to meet you guys at the hotel and catch a ride with group of you to PX HQ. What do you guys think?

So Tim and I get in around 10:30pm on Wednesday night...any of you great gentleman and scholars want to cart our asses from the airport to the Embassy Suites??

Will of course kick in gas money, and you will earn the special bonus of a drink (or even two!!) on me!

I ask because we should probably figure out our taxi situation soon if not.
I'm up for picking you guys up. Will save you some dough!

Back