Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

In in the same boat and will be stockpiling this club soon. This club has single handedly made me better this season.

Mine is on route... Can't wait to get it in the bag. Those of you that have it already, are you finding its a replacement for a 4h or because of length it's more like the fairway wood spot?
Its funny how much that varies for people with this one. For me, it's basically the 5w/3h spot in length, right between my mini off the deck and the 5hy. Its an interesting club, and dammit I can smash it.

For me it replaced a 5W/3H spot.

Mine is on route... Can't wait to get it in the bag. Those of you that have it already, are you finding its a replacement for a 4h or because of length it's more like the fairway wood spot?

For me it sots between my 5i and 3w... It's essentially my 190-215 club..., it's that versatile for me

Its funny how much that varies for people with this one. For me, it's basically the 5w/3h spot in length, right between my mini off the deck and the 5hy. Its an interesting club, and dammit I can smash it.

3h is what I meant to type, trying to sneak THP at work...

I currently game a 4w which is going away, 3h, 4h at the top of my bag (my driver is 13.5*). I'm trying to figure out how to reconfigure with the addition of the heavenwood and removal of the 4w (and possibly 3h).

I currently game a 4w which is going away, 3h, 4h at the top of my bag (my driver is 13.5*). I'm trying to figure out how to reconfigure with the addition of the heavenwood and removal of the 4w (and possibly 3h).
If not for the mini off the tee for me, I wouldn't carry anything in the 3/4w spot anymore bc of this. I get brought distance off the deck and tee when being easier to hit it just made sense.

Gosh dammit stop it.

Was telling someone about it the other day. The moment I fell in love with the heavenwood. It wasn't in FL when I hit it well. Those rounds just put the thought in my head. But in California I hit it 4 times from shots in that 200-215 range. 4 for 4 hitting the green. That's silly and unheard of for me. I was sold. My 3h used to be 195-205 range, 5W a touch longer when it was in the bag.

This club could ruin all other fairway woods for you. Hell I've played rounds where I don't even think about hitting a 3w or mini because it's all heavenwood. Sometimes when it's hot I just remove those other options from the bag because it's really all you need.

Was telling someone about it the other day. The moment I fell in love with the heavenwood. It wasn't in FL when I hit it well. Those rounds just put the thought in my head. But in California I hit it 4 times from shots in that 200-215 range. 4 for 4 hitting the green. That's silly and unheard of for me. I was sold. My 3h used to be 195-205 range, 5W a touch longer when it was in the bag.

This club could ruin all other fairway woods for you. Hell I've played rounds where I don't even think about hitting a 3w or mini because it's all heavenwood. Sometimes when it's hot I just remove those other options from the bag because it's really all you need.
It really is just something else, I gave up on it quickly after getting it, and if not for throwing it in the bag at Cowboys on a whim before I planned on giving it to mikeg, then it would have stayed given up on too early. It def takes getting used to the launch and height, but man its easy and lethal.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'd kill to see another version release for December selfishly. If not, it might result in begging for this one in the bag, or Frankensteining a gbb into one. Hahahaha

If not for the mini off the tee for me, I wouldn't carry anything in the 3/4w spot anymore bc of this. I get brought distance off the deck and tee when being easier to hit it just made sense.
I struggle with fairway woods both off tee and deck, hopefully this will cure that problem.

That's good to hear, that might be the route I go because of my fairway wood struggles thanks

How do you find lateral accuracy with these compared to a hybrid? That's always my issue with longer shafted clubs.

JB (or others): It's a few pages back now, but have you hit the Heavenwood side by side with the 588 7w? Any numbers comparisons?

How do you find lateral accuracy with these compared to a hybrid? That's always my issue with longer shafted clubs.

JB (or others): It's a few pages back now, but have you hit the Heavenwood side by side with the 588 7w? Any numbers comparisons?

I can't compare to the 7 wood. But accuracy wise, I'm finding it no better or worse than what I replaced.

I can't compare to the 7 wood. But accuracy wise, I'm finding it no better or worse than what I replaced.

Mind if I test drive it next to my 7w on the range this weekend?

Just made an offer on eBay on one that looked great according to the pics for $100 and it was accepted. Looking forward to getting this out on the course.

I wish I had the Diamana D+ in mine. I think it would be a lot better for me than the stock shaft.

I couldn't answer any better than jman. I had a silly thought in my head that I hit it too high and that it can balloon on me. Well that thought has gone right out the window with my shot on the 9th hole Thursday night.

Mind if I test drive it next to my 7w on the range this weekend?
I have one as well. My bag is open to anyone on the range.

Second hole tonight was a par 5. I pushed my tee shot right (really) got a bad kick and the ball ran into some tall grass. Everyone in my group thought it would've stayed short, but it wasn't there. Where we were standing was kind of in jail around one tree, over another tree, and no room to miss the green. I said "whatever, I'll drop here and still get birdie." Shot the pin at 227, pulled the Heavenwood and pured it:

7eb89c7600121b4652938899d507a343.jpg

Not that close, but see the ball mark?

243751f74d30bb0bd73893ef3dd1bf51.jpg

This club is so easy to hit it's silly. So nice to have a 200+ fairway finder off the tee. Still need a little work hitting it off the deck, but that's an issue I've always had with FWs. Really thinking about taking the 3H out of the bag.

Can't wait to have mine in hand, it would have come in handy a few times off the tee today

Oh, 225 to the pin? No problem…

52dc1b4b278565f01074dd714dd2e182.jpg

H E A V E N W O O O O O O D
(Said the same way Alec Baldwin says "Patriot Act…PATRIOT ACT…" in The Departed).

Its a beautiful club.

Hell of a shot sir.

More success with this club today. No more decisions about a 5i or a risky 3 or 4H, just set up, put a good swing on it and this thing just gets up and goes a long way. Such a fun club to hit.

More success with this club today. No more decisions about a 5i or a risky 3 or 4H, just set up, put a good swing on it and this thing just gets up and goes a long way. Such a fun club to hit.

You'll get sick of saying, "holy hell this is stupid" and "holy crap this is fun". Trust me.

Back