2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't I just munch on this golf club box, it will taste the same.
Woah woah woah, leave those awesome golf club boxes out of it. :alien :

I've stalled this week, knew. It was coming but its still frustrating. Hopefully the next 3 days are more kind before weigh in day.

Seems we've all had a rough few days! I blame it on stress. But a good note, my jeans are allowing me to feel where this is going.

Yeah, we fell waaaaaay off the wagon and into a bag of cronuts. It was delicious, but I feel horrible and am really looking forward to eating better again. The food therapy was needed though.
You fell into a bag of cronuts?? I thought i had been bad by eating way too much at our league banquet last night...

Yesterday was an awful day; someone ordered pizza for the office since the boss was out, and sticking to the thin crust option lasted all of 2 minutes... Followed up by what felt like thanksgiving dinner at the league banquet last night did not make for a good day... Need to get back on the bandwagon.

So after really looking at myself and situation, I decided to finally weigh myself and see how bad it was. I weighed in at 198.4 pounds and that's the heaviest I've ever been. 80% of my clothes didn't/don't fit and I felt terrible.

So I decided no more soda, eat better, small exercises and better portion control. That was 5 weeks ago and I can say I've done great. Not a single soda in that time frame, planks almost every day for the last week and a half, and been cooking at home a ton more. I feel better overall and am pretty sure my sleep has been better.

Here's the negative, I'm pretty sure I haven't lost any weight at all. Clothes are still tight or don't fit. I haven't weighed myself because I'm honestly afraid I'll see the 198ish figure and it will kill my momentum. I crave Mt Dew and energy drinks every day so if I've had no progress, I might as well give in right? ?

I know I need to weigh myself and at least see what's going on. So I'll do that tomorrow and maybe see a nice surprise

1 day before my official weigh in and I'm down another 2.7 pounds for 9.4 pounds lost since I started 3 weeks ago.

This entire week has gone by and I'm stuck at 240 even. So it's time for me to get serious about diet and exercise. A friend has one of these and it's awesome so I ordered one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IVLCZZI/ref=pd_aw_sim_200_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=140DWGBH0R0ENFR8RC7C

07_innovatorblackred_300.jpg

It's kind of like that USPS commercial where if it fits, it ships. Only, if my food is packed in the cooler for the day I can eat it. If not, I need to leave it alone.

about a month, month and a half ago I hit 188. since doing hello fresh and drinking only once a week, I'm down to 177. my goal is 160, but I'm honestly not doing anything other trying to calorie conscious which probably won't be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weighed in this morning for the first time since Friday the 11th. 197 lbs which is a 1.5 lb gain over the last, but I'll take that for sure after a week on business.

Down about 8.5 lbs in 3 weeks, and I've slimmed down a ton. I'm almost on the last notch on my belt, meaning I'm almost down 4 belt sizes. Not only that, but while I've been losing weight I've been gaining muscle, so I'm in a much better place than where I started. I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago.

Down about 8.5 lbs in 3 weeks, and I've slimmed down a ton. I'm almost on the last notch on my belt, meaning I'm almost down 4 belt sizes. Not only that, but while I've been losing weight I've been gaining muscle, so I'm in a much better place than where I started. I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago.

Proud of you dude! For you AND your family!

Fantastic work Neb.

Official weigh in and I'm down to 231.3, 9.8 pounds lost since I started. I am hoping to break the 230 mark before I leave for Disney on Friday.

I was pretty stoked to find that Chipotle has brown rice as an option for their bowls. Still working hard to overcome bad diet decisions that have become habitual if not borderline addictive. I firmly believe that fast food is habit forming and literally having to battle that easy decision to hit a drive through and instead hit the grocery store for a salad, or a place like Chipotles for a brown rice bowl.

Weighed in this morning for the first time since Friday the 11th. 197 lbs which is a 1.5 lb gain over the last, but I'll take that for sure after a week on business.
I'm more interested in the 6-month loss than a week gain. :D

Ok today's weigh in 212.6. My goal is to lose 20lbs of fat and add 20lbs of muscle. The fat I assume will burn faster than the muscle gains, hoping to get down to about 195 before the weight starts going back up.

I was pretty stoked to find that Chipotle has brown rice as an option for their bowls. Still working hard to overcome bad diet decisions that have become habitual if not borderline addictive. I firmly believe that fast food is habit forming and literally having to battle that easy decision to hit a drive through and instead hit the grocery store for a salad, or a place like Chipotles for a brown rice bowl.

You our should check out a movie on Netflix called "fed up". Junk food absolutely is addicting, by design.

You our should check out a movie on Netflix called "fed up". Junk food absolutely is addicting, by design.
Is it okay to say that I'm addicted to this movie?

Really good days these past two. Weighed in at 194.5 lbs this morning. Official weigh in day coming tomorrow.

Super excited to say that I crossed double digits! Down 10.5 and I am .7 from crossing into the 220s!

Had a bad day yesterday thanks to an Oktoberfest themed party last night with beer, brats, and pretzels. I ended up 430 calories over my budget. Was still 100 times better than it would have been last year, but still a small setback. Getting back on track today and working even harder this week to right the ship.

Had a bad day yesterday thanks to an Oktoberfest themed party last night with beer, brats, and pretzels. I ended up 430 calories over my budget. Was still 100 times better than it would have been last year, but still a small setback. Getting back on track today and working even harder this week to right the ship.

I think taking those days, and then getting right back on track, is important. The program I'm doing goes by the "80 percent rule". Stick to the plan for 80 percent of your meals, and you're in good shape.

2 fricking lbs to go BABY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back