Unofficial THP Gathering: MA 2015

Wow I missed a lot of posts...

Oh chris you're not allowed to drive i already let the course know...

I'm out for breakfast but I'll be there early...

Egg bacon burger looks good...

You play Hillview often?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never, that place is a sh** hole ! I will "tolerate" Sagamore Lynnfield. I do like the Meadows Peabody. I tend to head back up to the Merrimack Valley area (Butter Brook etc) or NH to play since I got used to the courses up that way when I lived there. I like Green Meadows in Hudson NH as a cheap day on the course. How can you beat a 7000yd course for $29.00 to walk 18 after 2pm?

The forecast looks fantastic with the humidity out of here on Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

What is the plan on people meeting at the course who are not meeting for breakfast? Will there be a central meeting place? A big sign with blinking lights/horns?

I will be wearing something obnoxious orange (Of course) and being 6'5 255 I am hard to miss! I have a Black/Orange Callaway bag if the guys in my group are looking for me.

Never, that place is a sh** hole ! I will "tolerate" Sagamore Lynnfield. I do like the Meadows Peabody. I tend to head back up to the Merrimack Valley area (Butter Brook etc) or NH to play since I got used to the courses up that way when I lived there. I like Green Meadows in Hudson NH as a cheap day on the course. How can you beat a 7000yd course for $29.00 to walk 18 after 2pm?

Yeah. I played Hillview once. Once. lol. I'm always up for a round at Butter Brook, Merrimack Valley Golf Club, Hickory Hills. I've played Green Meadow 3 weeks in a row now.

What's with all the weather talk guys?

Plan on checking in seeing about your cart (it should be there if your cart mate hasn't checked in) then head down to the range, THPers are always easy to spot

Yeah. I played Hillview once. Once. lol. I'm always up for a round at Butter Brook, Merrimack Valley Golf Club, Hickory Hills. I've played Green Meadow 3 weeks in a row now.

I really like MCGC, it might be short but I like the old school N.E. layout. We'll talk more on Sat. I have been wanting to take some vaca day at work to get out to some new tracks.

What's with all the weather talk guys?

Plan on checking in seeing about your cart (it should be there if your cart mate hasn't checked in) then head down to the range, THPers are always easy to spot

will you be in all blue or red?

What is the plan on people meeting at the course who are not meeting for breakfast? Will there be a central meeting place? A big sign with blinking lights/horns?

I will be wearing something obnoxious orange (Of course) and being 6'5 255 I am hard to miss! I have a Black/Orange Callaway bag if the guys in my group are looking for me.

I was originally planning on making it to breakfast, but now I'm figuring to be there around 9:15-ish. I'm not going to have a chance to hit the range at all this week, so I'd like to hit a few before our round. I wouldn't mind shooting the sh** for a few before hand... Should I wear my "HELLO! MY NAME IS BOSTON GOLFER" nametag?

Also. Chris (Philly Golf Guy) and I are playing the Golf Club at Equinox in Manchester, VT on Friday around 2:00 pm. The golfnow price is $69. I'll be buying later on this evening. Not sure how close, or how doable that is for anyone, but shoot me a pm if you're interested in joining us.

Also. Chris (Philly Golf Guy) and I are playing the Golf Club at Equinox in Manchester, VT on Friday around 2:00 pm. The golfnow price is $69. I'll be buying later on this evening. Not sure how close, or how doable that is for anyone, but shoot me a pm if you're interested in joining us.

God help you if he drives a cart there. When I think of golf in VT, I think hills.

God help you if he drives a cart there. When I think of golf in VT, I think hills.
Hills?! Don't your mean Green Mountain National Forest?!

And I'm driving (I'm not sure that's any better…).

Don't listen to Dean. Generally everything involving me is a bad idea…

I'll be the fat guy in green on the range hammering 5 irons.

I'll be the Fat guy in training in the most bland golf outfit around. When your game's as bad as mine, it's best not to stick out.

Equinox is a fun track. There's no range there however, so aim really far left on the 1st hole because anything missing to the right is OB. Conditions are usually very good on that course and it doesn't get a ton of play either.

Equinox is a fun track. There's no range there however, so aim really far left on the 1st hole because anything missing to the right is OB. Conditions are usually very good on that course and it doesn't get a ton of play either.
Left is generally not my problem. Thanks for the tip.

I was originally planning on making it to breakfast, but now I'm figuring to be there around 9:15-ish. I'm not going to have a chance to hit the range at all this week, so I'd like to hit a few before our round. I wouldn't mind shooting the sh** for a few before hand... Should I wear my "HELLO! MY NAME IS BOSTON GOLFER" nametag?

Might be a good idea. I will need to hit the range, I haven't played since 7/4 and that "round" looked like a Monkey F'n a footbll so I need work on some things.

I haven't played Red Tail in a couple years. I'm reading over the hole-by-hole description of the course as a reminder, and all I can do is imagine all the things that can/will go wrong on each hole. lol.

Hell Yeah!! I hope you guys are ready for my totally inappropriate sarcasm and fits of cursing rage when I shank one into the water....WOO HOO! PARTY!

i am fluent in sarcasm as it is my second language. and i have zero issues with "fits of cursing rage when I shank one into the water". as i only saw water on 18. lol

To the 10:20 group...DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT let PGG drive the cart in any situation that has slope, wet ground, adjoining wet-lands or may require the cart being put into reverse or having the parking brake engaged.

I'm not in that group, but now I want him driving just out of curiosity.

I blame Spivey.
Thanks. I was on the green, blame me!
Have a great time - wish I were there. I will instead be working and moving appliances.

To the 10:20 group...DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT let PGG drive the cart in any situation that has slope, wet ground, adjoining wet-lands or may require the cart being put into reverse or having the parking brake engaged.

This and the ensuing Mad Tea Party cart trips down the hill got brought up today at our outing after we had cart issues and my former boss almost dumped me out of the passenger seat three times.

Back