We should have an "I Suck" Tournament

NewGlfr

Reaction score
Handicap
I can't remember when, but there was an article in one of the Golf Mags awhile ago about a "Hopelessly Mediocre" Tournament of some kind where people who suck at Golf get together and shank away somewhere.

We should do that. No one who can shoot under 100 applies for this one. A bunch of "I suck" THPers having fun all together.

Let's DO EET!

Prizes to the Worst Score. But you at least have to try to do, well, mediocre. :alien:

Few years ago one of the local courses added a d flight. Hcp of 25+ only. If I remember right the winner of d flight shot a pair of 98's to win the flight. Now they just clump you into the c flight. Sorta sucks for the high hcp.

Now that would be fun. As of now, only kind of tourney I would sign up for would be a scramble. I bet tournaments, if they advertised it well enough, would do well with a high handicap bracket.

All abilities are welcome at THP events, though - that's much more fun than just picking a subset of folks. I've had some of the most fun rounds in golf playing with guys who shoot +3 and +30 in the same foursome.

All abilities are welcome at THP events, though - that's much more fun than just picking a subset of folks. I've had some of the most fun rounds in golf playing with guys who shoot +3 and +30 in the same foursome.

That's awesome! I think it might just be an intimidation factor on my end. If I knew we all sucked, I wouldn't be intimidated, LOL.

That's awesome! I think it might just be an intimidation factor on my end. If I knew we all sucked, I wouldn't be intimidated, LOL.

Honestly, when I wasn't able to break 100, it didn't matter who I played with...I was going to be nervous no matter what. Once I started taking it a little more seriously and played with players of all abilities, I realized how little pretty much anyone cares how good or bad you are. As long as you aren't a richard, and you can keep decent pace, there aren't too many people who care outside of some at country clubs. at least not that I've come across.

Ain't that the truth. Haso is currently a higher capper (and by no means am I'm saying he sucks), joins THP less than a year ago, goes to first event this past month (Hype) and proceeds to punch his ticket to the GD.

never be intimidated to participate in a thp event. i totally get feeling that way, but i guarantee you there is no reason to be. people of all abilities play, and the only thing requirement is that you're there to have fun. do yourself a favor and sign up. they're awesome!

Ain't that the truth. Haso is currently a higher capper (and by no means am I'm saying he sucks), joins THP less than a year ago, goes to first event this past month (Hype) and proceeds to punch his ticket to the GD.

Sure did. I think he is a 28 handicap.
We had a 36 handicap in the Gauntlet
We have seen every level of skill one could imagine.

We didnt create this place for subsets, we created it to have everybody come together to embrace the game we love. If people follow the events, they will see what is being done, is making the impossible, possible.

Honestly, when I wasn't able to break 100, it didn't matter who I played with...I was going to be nervous no matter what. Once I started taking it a little more seriously and played with players of all abilities, I realized how little pretty much anyone cares how good or bad you are. As long as you aren't a richard, and you can keep decent pace, there aren't too many people who care outside of some at country clubs. at least not that I've come across.

Thanks man!
I cant see you not being able to break 100 though...

So awesome to hear all! Thanks for the confidence boost!!

I ran across something called the Mediocre Golf Assoc. or something like that. They had chapters all over US and elsewhere. The OC chapter insignia was a dangly, hairy pair of orange golf "balls" hahaha

37eaa3738696c876b83308568d59f729.jpg

45f2fe3b5bbaa5a4e16bb09f46a1ed3f.jpg

Here it is hahaha. Their next tournament in OC sounds lovely as well hahaha. Not sure if I wanna brag about winning "The Douchebag"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"WE should have an I suck tournament!"

Yes. I'd have a good shot at winning that one.

I think maybe back in the 90's they had then event at TPC Sawgrass where a bunch of high caps tried to play Sawgrass during tourney setup. Some guy named Angelo I think took like 20 or 30 shots with penalties on the island green. He eventually had to putt it all the way from the teebox to the green

Search it on youtube

I think maybe back in the 90's they had then event at TPC Sawgrass where a bunch of high caps tried to play Sawgrass during tourney setup. Some guy named Angelo I think took like 20 or 30 shots with penalties on the island green. He eventually had to putt it all the way from the teebox to the green

Search it on youtube
I thought it was over 100 shots! For some reason 160 something is in my head.

That's crazy either way. I give him credit though. He tougher it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be down for this kind of event.

My "highlights" could look something like this...

[video=youtube;Bz-8IMfN5eE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz-8IMfN5eE[/video]

Back