World's top 10 toughest golf courses

Interesting indeed. Pete Dye gets on the list twice and Bethpage Black makes it. The Jade Dragon Snow Mountain track doesn't look that inviting to an upstate New Yorker.

This thread should trigger some fun debate.

It has Bethpage on it so it's a solid list for me.

Very much agree with number one, if the wind is up which it usually is the Ocean Course can eat your lunch. Definitely a mental grind you feel mentally drained after playing that Pete Dye gem!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"'When current world No. 3 Lee Westwood first saw the course he said, "I'd been told there are 10 difficult holes and eight impossible ones. I'm still trying to work out which the 10 difficult holes are.'"

Current world no. 3? Maybe then-current.

967 bunkers at Whistling straights is brutal

I never found the Straits difficult in the sense that once you get beyond the visual intimidation it's a pretty straight forward course. I thought Erin Hills was significantly harder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've played several courses that I thought were much harder than the Ocean Course. Look what Rory did there when the wind was down. It was about a 2 club wind when I played there and outside of a couple holes I thought it wasnt too bad. Definitely helped to have a good caddie though.

Played #3 and #7. In terms of Koal-ou, it was hard but manageable if you played smart off the tee. Bethpage from the tips is just a monster.

World's top 10 toughest golf courses

Eye of the beholder? Having never played any of them I'll take their word for it

Edit: Cape Kidnappers is probably my favorite name for a course though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bethpage Black is a b@ll buster of a course, Whistling Straits I don't find "that" bad, once you get past the grinding walk it's doable.

Back