What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
40/39=79 in our weekly blitz. 10/14 FWs, 1 penalty stroke, 1 - 3 putt, 31 putts total. Zero birdies, I just cannot get them to fall right now, 3 rounds and counting since my last. I was Even in the blitz so I did not finish close to cashing this week. Came pretty close to a HOI but the ball rolled by about 14' (the greens are rock hard from lack of rain) and I lipped out the putt. All of my buddies were + today but none were high enough to cash either.

That is solid.
Birdies will drop, keep giving yourself opportunities. 31 putts is good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 (41/40). Never so happy to complete a round of golf. Heat index was in triple digits - no breeze and clinging HUMIDITY. However, on the bright side we had a nice foursome, drank gallons of water, solved some world problems (BS), and enjoyed a couple of good cigars. Overall a good day.

Couple weeks ago I played lights out and shot a +2(73) and then my shoulder started hurting. For 8 days it got worse and worse. I couldn't even lift a club out of the bag but yet I could still swing with little to no pain. My shoulder would just get super tired and I'd swing all hands. The following weeks I was shooting mid 80s and going down hill. Nothing was working for me. I started using my HyperIce (it's for a knee but I rigged it to work on my shoulder) and after 10 days of no golf and lots of icing it felt better.

Well my last two times out have been +2(74) and today's +1(73). Shot a 34 which is my lowest 9 to date!

I don't post much any more but thought I would share. After the really bad rounds, it's nice to be back where I want to be. I feel a 60s coming on...I hope

Couple weeks ago I played lights out and shot a +2(73) and then my shoulder started hurting. For 8 days it got worse and worse. I couldn't even lift a club out of the bag but yet I could still swing with little to no pain. My shoulder would just get super tired and I'd swing all hands. The following weeks I was shooting mid 80s and going down hill. Nothing was working for me. I started using my HyperIce (it's for a knee but I rigged it to work on my shoulder) and after 10 days of no golf and lots of icing it felt better.

Well my last two times out have been +2(74) and today's +1(73). Shot a 34 which is my lowest 9 to date!

I don't post much any more but thought I would share. After the really bad rounds, it's nice to be back where I want to be. I feel a 60s coming on...I hope

Awesome rounds man!

41/37

Double on both sides, I'm not at all happy about that, but I'll take the round, swing feels great right now.

Let's see...it was the best and worst 95 of the year I'll have (and only hopfully). First time out in about a month and saw some flashes from every single club in the bag that showed promise. Also saw some that were just absolutely brutal. All in all, I just enjoyed my time out there.

Took my daughter with me for a quick nine after work. Shot 44 on the back(tougher side) after seeing three fivesomes on the first hole. Started with 4 pars in a row, then double, then par, then triple, then bogey, then double. The triple came on a par 3 snap hook with the hybrid which was odd since ive been hitting it rather well. Didnt have much of a second shot. First double came from a beautifully struck 8 iron that hit the flag stick and bounced over the back of green right in the edge of treeline. Other bogey and double the result of a couple of pushes with the driver rather than my normal draw. Both went straight and OB. My putting was amazing though. 13 putts. Had some serious par saves from 20-25 feet. Almost automatic on anything under 10 ft today. My chipping and pitching was decent but the putter gets the glory. Could have easily been a 48 or worse without some of the putts I made. My irons felt a little better today but still not were I want them. These errant drives are killing my rounds right now though. I hit this better than any other driver Ive ever hit but its not good enough. For me to have a chance at breaking 80 anytime in the future I have to get the big dog under control and build some consistency with it.

Horrible round this morning. 43-48 for 91 on a course that was set up relatively easier than normal. Struggling but determined to get better

38. Walked nine this evening to get some work in with the project X test shaft. Plenty of birdie looks but no joy.

1 FWY, 6 GIR, 17 putts (no 3 putts), no penalties
7 pars, 2 bogies.

What did you shoot today?

I have a love/hate relationship with 10. Mostly hate.

One of the easiest holes out there and I tripled it. I've putted for eagle on that hole several times although I haven't made one there yet. Smh!

61 (-10) in a scramble today at Wild Turkey (white tees; 5942 yards)

Had three eagle putts, but couldn't convert. My former boss was piping drives and we had numerous GW-9i for our approaches. I was last in our lineup (first time for that) and saved our butts a few times, but couldn't drop the two reasonable eagle putts and was a thoroughly unhappy camper when we found out that we lost by one stroke. I putted inside for 20 minutes once I got home.

61 (-10) in a scramble today at Wild Turkey (white tees; 5942 yards)

Had three eagle putts, but couldn't convert. My former boss was piping drives and we had numerous GW-9i for our approaches. I was last in our lineup (first time for that) and saved our butts a few times, but couldn't drop the two reasonable eagle putts and was a thoroughly unhappy camper when we found out that we lost by one stroke. I putted inside for 20 minutes once I got home.

That's where scrambles are won. With those damn flat sticks.

That's where scrambles are won. With those damn flat sticks.

Agree 100%. I've putted fourth for the past few years because that's usually my strength, but I just failed to follow through with the putter head on a few today. On a positive note, after I missed the most makeable eagle putt on #17, I stuck a 58yd uphill approach on #18 (50 yards to carry the hill and front bunker and the hole was 4 paces on) to about 10 feet and made the birdie.

39 (+4) in a two man scramble for league.

Played 9 and a shot 7 over 43. Normally I would like to be around 38-39 for this 9 but considering we got caught in major downpours twice and the pins were kinda tucked away I will gladly take it. Beat the best guy on our league so that was a bonus.

Played Lakeridge country club tuesday with some friends. 38-37 with a double and 3 bogeys. pretty happy, was on my way to personal best on that course and as usual, had a brain fart on a 2 par 5's.

I shot 41 yesterday night and it was great, I am playing my best golf in a while lately, I need to make it last

Shot an 88 at Rum Pointe in OCMD. First time playing it. Nice layout with a little wind for the finishing holes.

I played yesterday. I had 43 putts over the 18 holes. That's all I want to say about that round. :banghead:

So in honor of the person who thinks only low scores ever get posted here...
2 days ago I somehow managed to go the second 9 without a single par or better. Yesterday played 18. I always, always, always count every stroke. I finish every hole by putting in, no gimmes or any of that sort of thing. No foot wedges. I count down and distance, so to speak, on penalty strokes.

I anticipated shooting high 80s, maybe mid 90s at worst. I started with a 265 yard drive dead center. I ended with a 262 yard drive about 6" into the rough on the right. In between I put on a display of shanks, chunks, Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovels, thins, fats, and general hackery of epic proportions. Such as the hole where I lost 3 balls. And for the first time in probably 25 years did not finish a hole. The scorecard said 109 but between that hole and a couple other where I actually found discouragement on a course and did not properly go back and hit the shot that mysteriously disappeared...the real number has to be about 120.

Anyone that has played with me will know how bad the round was when I say...I was offered the opportunity to replay 9 and went home instead.

Shot an 88 at Rum Pointe in OCMD. First time playing it. Nice layout with a little wind for the finishing holes.

I love that course when we played last year!

I played yesterday. I had 43 putts over the 18 holes. That's all I want to say about that round. :banghead:

wow what Happened there Ken?

My worst round in 2 years 48-53=101. I stayed in trouble off the tee all day, it was one of the most frustrating days I've had in a long time. I'm hoping I got the bad round out of the way before the Savannah Invitational next week.

Ugg, shot a 42 on front nine and a 55 on the back. Completely lost it.

I played 36 holes yesterday at 2 separate courses and 88 and an 87. I hit 15/28 fwys, 12/36, Girs, and had 61 putts.

right now, it's what could I have shot. holed out for eagle on #1 (my first eagle in probably 5 years), then a couple missed 5 footers and shot 36 on the front. now I'm 1 under through 10 after dropping a nice 20 footer, but the course came to a standstill. I have my lessons with the SeeMore Putting Institute instructor in an hour and a half, and it's an hour from where I'm playing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back