Tiger Woods & Chris Como Done?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Rumors are flying right now that the duo is on the outs and gone their separate ways. There is nothing confirmed at this time.

Who's next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger is to teachers what Allenby is to caddies.

If it's true, short of pairing back up with Harmon or Haney again, I think he should go at it solo and just get back to playing the game

Well clearly it hasn't been working for him.

Suck it up and go back to Hank.

Well clearly it hasn't been working for him.
If it's true, short of pairing back up with Harmon or Haney again, I think he should go at it solo and just get back to playing the game
I agree with both of you. Its no surprise given how horribly Tiger has performed. I also think he needs to get away from these bio-mechanics based guys and get back to playing.

• Admin
Ill be honest here. I have no idea if this is true or not and leaning towards its not. But nthing surprises me anymore.

Just play golf Tiger. Like the rest of us mortals do......

I was wondering if something was going on when THP user "LDrick" posted in the swing tips thread for Freddie.

Maybe someone should direct him to the Freddie Swing Tips thread....and I'm not saying that in jest!!

I am sure I am the only one who is "shocked" by this. Gotta be the teacher and not the student...

I was wondering if something was going on when THP user "LDrick" posted in the swing tips thread for Freddie.
Ha....Great minds, you just beat me too it !!

At least he will be getting good advice on the THP'ERS threads.

I would be shocked. I really would. If you hear what Tiger is saying about making a switch in and saw progress starting from Memorial, then why would that change happen just 2 weeks before the last major of the year? I would think that if they were going to call it quits, it would be announced after his season is over.

I would be shocked. I really would. If you hear what Tiger is saying about making a switch in and saw progress starting from Memorial, then why would that change happen just 2 weeks before the last major of the year? I would think that if they were going to call it quits, it would be announced after his season is over.

Those are my exact thoughts.

I'm with the folks who'd be shocked if this were true. Also - if it does indeed prove to be true, really would show that Tiger is a head case at this point - I don't really know where he would go from there. Does he start down yet another complete rework of his swing?

Did Como tell him to stop worrying about spin rates and worry about hitting fairways?

I don't think it really matters......he has proven over the last 4 years that the instructor really doesn't change his on course performance.

Have no clue whether this is true or not, but so far there aren't many media outlets reporting on this, which is strange.

Unless the next Tiger Woods thread is, "TW new coach is Freddie Kong"

I am not interested at this point.

I blame the glutes

Not surprising the way he has been playing maybe he will swallow his pride and go back to Butch

He won't go back to Harmon, and Harmon wouldn't take him back. That bridge had been burned and torched. There's also no gain for Harmon either way. If he fails, that looks bad on him. If he succeeds, it won't take him to another level of fame like it did back in the 2000's.

Back