Food Plan at Disney

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody done it and is it worth it? Taking the kid there next fall. Gotta start saving now.

Anybody done it and is it worth it? Taking the kid there next fall. Gotta start saving now.
They include the meal plans at certain times of the year. If you can make it work it's a big savings.

Yea I told wife we needed to wait and see what kinda Christmas specials they have this year

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yea I told wife we needed to wait and see what kinda Christmas specials they have this year

If you book through Disney Vacations you can make changes and things as other deals pop up.

I have done it twice and we ended up grabbing a bunch of snacks at the hotel upon checkout because we couldn't eat all we were allowed and didn't want to leave any money on the table. We did the quick service plan both times.

If you book through Disney Vacations you can make changes and things as other deals pop up.
Alright sweet

Never. Too much good food around to be stuck.

The last time I took my kids there we did the quick dining package. I will say that it saves you a TON of money. The only issue I ran into (and the may be because of my inexperience there) is after a while you get tired of eating the same food all the time. A lot of the places that serve the quick service food have the same exact things to offer. The food was always well prepared though just a bit repetitive for me. I would purchase it again the next time I went.

The last time I took my kids there we did the quick dining package. I will say that it saves you a TON of money. The only issue I ran into (and the may be because of my inexperience there) is after a while you get tired of eating the same food all the time. A lot of the places that serve the quick service food have the same exact things to offer. The food was always well prepared though just a bit repetitive for me. I would purchase it again the next time I went.

See that's what gets me. I don't what hamburgers and pizza for every meal.

See that's what gets me. I don't what hamburgers and pizza for every meal.
If you get the meal plan that includes a sit down meal, then it becomes completely worth it. There are plenty of restaurants on Disney property that have more than burgers and pizza for the meal plan. O'hanas is my personal favorite.

alright going to have to research this more I see.

My sister in law and her family just went last month and did it, and while they enjoyed the meals and convenience of having it all on their bracelet, i think they regretted it. They felt a little constrained and ended up not even using all the meals.

I didn't like the options on the meal plan. Its too restrictive and you don't save THAT much. My advice is to go to Publix when you are arrive and eat breakfast in the hotel room, then enjoy all the options around the parks and locations for lunch and dinner. Too many choices there to limit yourself with a meal plan IMO.

We have never done it because we always eat a couple of nicer sit down meals along with the standard fare while there. . After being inside the park for a few days the change of pace is always much appreciated.

We have never done it because we always eat a couple of nicer sit down meals along with the standard fare while there. . After being inside the park for a few days the change of pace is always much appreciated.

That's been my thought. I don't have to eat in the park at night. I honestly want to go to Nona Blue

My experience in having meals at Disney (land) have always been great. From the skewers in Adventureland at the Bengal cafe to finer dining at the Blue Bayou exellent portions and real flovorful. I am unsure what all in included in these meals but I would have to say it's worth it based on taste and quality

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

We did it and I highly recommend it. Made things so much easier, especially on our trip with 6 adults & 5 kids when it came to eating & not worrying about paying. If/when we go again, we'll do the meal plan again as well.

I never know what I want to eat from day to day so I would never want to go with it especially since there is so much great food there that being confined to what I could get wouldn't work for me.

We normally get it, if only because I like the fact everything is prepaid before I get to the park.

That being said, it forces you to eat a lot of food you might normally not eat. We have done a cost comparison versus just paying out of pocket and the price is fairly similar.

I didn't like the options on the meal plan. Its too restrictive and you don't save THAT much. My advice is to go to Publix when you are arrive and eat breakfast in the hotel room, then enjoy all the options around the parks and locations for lunch and dinner. Too many choices there to limit yourself with a meal plan IMO.

You can use the dining plan at almost every single restaurant on property so I am not sure what you mean by restrictive.

You can use the dining plan at almost every single restaurant on property so I am not sure what you mean by restrictive.
I thought you could only order certain things from the menu?

I thought you could only order certain things from the menu?

Nope. Depending on the plan you get any entree, dessert and non alcoholic beverage on the menu.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove me some meal plan.

Nope. Depending on the plan you get any entree, dessert and non alcoholic beverage on the menu.
Oh, that's not so bad then.

Back