toddlers on the course

Just had my normal Sunday PM round with all the kids (3 boys 14,12, and 5). I'd much rather have a really horrible round with them then to play awesome without them. The course I was on is so kid friendly and even though I belong to a club, I'll always play there anyways. I sometimes get the "ol stink eye" when I take my kids out to the club. Especially if there are pace problems. We are never the cause of those problems, my kids either keep pace or pick up until they are. But if you've got kids with you be prepared to be looked at as the root of all pace problems. Even when you're clearly not at fault.

The round was awesome. My oldest boy has went from not being able to hit a driver (or any club really) early this year (I have a swing video of him hitting his drive between his leg, lol! And I'll never delete that one) to him hitting one dead butt solid and being less than 50 yards behind my solid drive. He also hit it by a par 5 green in two today for the first time (hard FW notwithstanding). My middle son stinks on the tee anymore but has very soft hands and made 3 putts of 20 feet or more today. He's rock solid generally on any chip or putt. The little fella continues to one putt almost every green. Even if he has to stop the putt past the hole and guide it in, he writes it on the card as a "1". He's five so rules and stuff will come into play later. The important thing is being out there. I don't care what I hit when they're with me. I could be on. I could be off. But I'm having a great time regardless.

I have an 18 month old daughter and there is no way I could put together a hole of golf with her out there running a muck!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Took my almost 5 year old daughter again with me today. Only time I don't take her is on the weekends, because I'm afraid of the stray balls with more people on the course.

I have taken mine (9 years old) out with me a few times now just to ride along with me as I play 9 and explain the game to him. I see no issue with it as long as they are being respectful and not holding up play. I think most people who bring kids out with them understand the situation and do what they can to minimize impact. Usually they will let people play through as they catch up to them knowing the kids are probably gonna take 10+ shots each. I have seen a lot of the times people just working the first hole over and over to make sure they aren't holding up play which is a smart way to go I think.

I take my 9 and 7 year olds out with me when I play. The course is generally empty and if it isn't they don't play. My 9 year old son wants to play from the front tees so I let him do that. My daughter just plays from 100 and in till she is tired and then just rides. The course I play at seem to enjoy that I take my kids out and have a summer program for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went out last night with my kid again. He sure loves being on the course. My 76 year old neighbor who we refer to as "uncle Larry" came along and thoroughly enjoyed having my toddler with us. We all had a blast and Larry and I both played some decent golf. He shot a 40 and I shot a 35 (9 holes). Of course I was playing the senior tees ;)

one more photo from this proud dad!

308305b6ead438bf77c0cdb99c270d8a.jpg

I'm definitely taking advantage of an opportunity to put a proud dad picture on THP, but what you can't see alongside the smiling dad taking this picture is the smiling course superintendent and golf pro standing beside me as I took it. She had a blast today, I look forward to many more days like this to come!

My kids(2yo and 3mo)have been on the course since they were born. I've never had anything but smiles and compliments from other people on the course. They love seeing kids out there

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

As the new resident tech dummy, if someone will let me know the easy way to post pics I have some stunning (lol-they're my kids so of course I feel that way!) pics that I'd like to add. So far I've found that I can use a URL, but that seems like a real pita (as well as darn nigh impossible for me to figure out). So if there's a "pic posting for dummies" version I'd appreciate knowing it!

Back