Stock Market & Retirement Planning

I think the stock is still cheap with a 13.5 forward P/E compared to 18.2 for the S&P 500. I expected a little drop to start he day as well. Since Tim Cook has taken over the stock has dropped 7 times and gone up 7 times on the day after earnings. I'm not adding any but I'm comfortable in a long term hold pattern with AAPL and like the chances of it providing at least a 15% rate of return over the next 3 years.

Especially when you factor in total return via dividend reinvestment & div increases in general! It's a solid play.

JB, GPRO killed it on the call yesterday.

premarket is up over 14.5% at 53.90....

JB, GPRO killed it on the call yesterday.

premarket is up over 14.5% at 53.90....

Been following closely. I might dump today and jump back in after a slump and then wait for Quad Copter release.

Been following closely. I might dump today and jump back in after a slump and then wait for Quad Copter release.

Yeah, or at least update any stops. Not a bad plan to divest some either way. Nice job!

Yeah, or at least update any stops. Not a bad plan to divest some either way. Nice job!
Just dumped it. It will drop again and when it does I will jump back in

Sold the GPRO. What a day!

I was so focused on TWTR yesterday that I completely forgot about GPRO! I figured it was going to be a big move, just missed the boat...

I knew I should have dumped AAPL a couple of days ago and then jumped back in. This fall was so easy to predict after the quick rise.

TWTR under 40 is very tempting to me.

I knew I should have dumped AAPL a couple of days ago and then jumped back in. This fall was so easy to predict after the quick rise.

I'm feeling your pain. I loaded up at 128 and should have sold at 134...

I have a feeling it will crawl back up the next 6 weeks or so. Just going to tie up funds for awhile.

The stock market and investing fascinate me, but it's all quite intimidating and I have a relatively low risk tolerance, so I don't do anything on my own. I fund my 401k through work and have an IRA on the side, both with after-tax dollars (Roth).

I've read dozens of retirement/investing books and if you're feeling intimidated I highly recommend Phil Demuth's book,

[h=1]The Affluent Investor: Financial Advice to Grow and Protect Your Wealth.[/h]

By affluent he means you have at least $100,000 invested. IMO, the small amount of time it takes to read this book could make hundreds of thousands of difference in your nest egg by the time you retire.

Just sitting and watching GMCR. Its a stock I have been watching for a while as I like where their future is headed. If it goes any lower, I am jumping.

Im just watching Disney. I want it to go down just a little bit so I can jump on it. The plan is in my opinion that when Star Wars opens and breaks every record (and it will), the stock jumps to a new high and then I can drop it.

After further consideration, I actually loaded up on Disney stock Friday morning.

They have the Marvel franchise, Star Wars, and I had forgotten about Pixar too. I think JB is on to something, they could knock it out of the park the next couple years. This is a stock I plan to hold vs day trade.

Thanks for bringing it up JB.

Now we are sitting at nearing $115 and its only going to go up.

Finally jumped into Green Mountain. Waiting for it to go this low and at its 52 week low, I feel good.

The whole market shutdown thing today has been crazy.

Wow, Twitter took a giant messy dump today. Down about $5 per share.

Wow, Twitter took a giant messy dump today. Down about $5 per share.

I'm not as active as you are and follow it at arms length (mostly with 401k stuff to maximize return), but the last couple of weeks have been a roller coaster. Between the he Greece fiasco, China's economy and commodities, it's been ugly lately.

But like the say now is the time to get in and make some $$ if you have the right data at your disposal.

I'm not as active as you are and follow it at arms length (mostly with 401k stuff to maximize return), but the last couple of weeks have been a roller coaster. Between the he Greece fiasco, China's economy and commodities, it's been ugly lately.

But like the say now is the time to get in and make some $$ if you have the right data at your disposal.

Im debating it. Sadly I said the same thing about it at $35. It was a long term play for me however, and I think it still is.

Already had a 401k through my business, now just opened a Roth IRA through fidelity who holds onto my 401k now, was told this was a good move. Thoughts?

JB, how bout that RCL stock!! :banana:

Im hoping you get stock options brother.

Not there yet, but we can buy thru employee stock purchase program and 401K.

Holy cow Disney is taking a bath today.
Might be time to jump further in.

Back