Talk me out of this...

Typhoon

Reaction score
Handicap
Plus side
I got fit last weekend for ping I e1 irons. The only x flex they had was the cfs. In. Stiff I hit the modus 105 better than the cfs stiff. The fitter gold my numbers were perfect with the cfs x and I should go with it......yet....in the back of my mind I Wang the sexier screened on graphics....I Wang to call Ping and change my order to modus 105x. I can usually get used to any shaft and the swing weight would still be d-0 or D-1 so that fine.

Can anyone talk me out of seeing if I can change. I was going to call pkg tomorrow to see if I could.

Sounds like you already decided...

Go with the fitters recommendation.

Who is wang? And go with what you hit best not what the numbers say your perfect for.

If you do not want to take the recommendation of the club fitter, why did you take the time and spend your money for a fitting in the first place? Sounds like you made your mind up about which shaft you want before you had the fitting.

Yep, I agree with this.

The CFS are damn good shafts, and numbers don't lie.

Agree with the CFS. They get written off by a lot of people, but they're a really solid offering.

Stay with what the fitter recommended and you know what your getting. Changing to the Nippons might not work out as well as you wang. :alien:

Wang Chung

Stick with what he recommended .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You went to him for a reason and I would go with his recommendation. I also agree the CFS is a solid shaft and not given enough chance by people.

So you want to get a shaft that doesnt work as well simply because the Modus looks better?

Welcome #internetgolfer

You know what, call Ping and switch the shafts. It's clearly what you want. You are spending a good chunk of change, get what you want.

Don't do it! There, I tried.

Hey Wang, the parking lots over there...gotta love spell check on the phone. Thanks...I'll stick with the cfs....mind was wandering after a few beers.

You paid the fitter to fit you, why on earth would you even consider anything other than that.

1) pay for fitting
2) get fit into a shaft
3) buy something else for looks

Sounds about right.

I say get what you want. You will eventually.

The hawk is wise.

x354-q80.jpg

Where do you go to get fitted at? What do they do?

I just always order shafts or clubs based on testing reviews while taking into consideration my normal ball flight.

If you hit the Modus as straight as the CFS and the only thing that made the CFS fit you better was a couple extra yards, then I say get the Modus if it's what you really want. If the yardages aren't gonna mess with gapping and you're not a full club shorter, then what game changing difference does it make? Get what makes you happier with your purchase, as long as it isn't truly detrimental to your game.

Reason I was looking at the modus in x was....

They didn't have it in x, but I hit the cfs in x perfect. When I hit stiff shafts , the modus was better than the cfs so I keep thinking the modus in x would be better just based off the stiff comparision.

BUT.....I am getting cfs x....not changing my order.

Back