2015 Quicken Loans National Thread (Spoilers)

Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
I just don't see Tiger doing it this week even though it is his tourney.

I don't foresee him finishing top 25 this week, but I think he makes the cut.

Also wish I was able to make it out to this tourney, but can't make it happen. Maybe next year when it switches venues (back to congressional?).

2015 Quicken Loans National Thread (Spoilers)

Play gets underway tomorrow just outside of DC at Robert Trent Jones Golf Club for the Quicken Loans National. This is the PGA Tour event that Tiger Woods hosts to benefit his foundation, but this year there aren't a ton of big names in the field, probably because it's sandwiched between the Canadian Open and the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational with the PGA Championship after that. Justin Rose is the defending champion, although last year's event was played on a different course (Congressional).

It seems like with a lot of the big guns sitting this one out, this event could be a place for a first-time winner. Of course, I fully expect this thread to be dominated in the first 2 days by the Tiger cut watch.....hope the weekend has an exciting finish. Are any of our DC/MD/VA members headed out to watch this event?

Streaming golf alert: the new PGA Tour Live service, showing featured groups on Thursday and Friday, is free this week. The featured group on the stream right now is Rickie Fowler, John Senden and Danny Lee.

Link: https://www.pgatourlive.com/

Undecided if I'm going yet or not. Most likely will see how Saturday goes and what it looks like on Sunday.

It's KC hot and humid in DC/Nova this week and it's a long trek from home 70 miles so I'll just wait and see.

I am interested in seeing the course. It hasn't been played by the pros since 2005 Presidents Cup. All those guys are in the Twilight of their careers now.

So everyone pretty much is seeing it for the first time.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It seems like with a lot of the big guns sitting this one out, this event could be a place for a first-time winner. Of course, I fully expect this thread to be dominated in the first 2 days by the Tiger cut watch.....hope the weekend has an exciting finish. Are any of our DC/MD/VA members headed out to watch this event?

Anybody else find this funny? Many of the big names aren't playing in Tiger's event while he has said he wouldn't play in the opposite event of the WGC if he doesn't qualify.

Merged the two threads together.

I can't remember the last time a tournament that TW was playing in had ZERO juice to it.

i think the field is pretty similar to the field last year as far as big names go. The event hasn't really drawn lots of the top players. Day and Spieth are two names that stand out as not playing this year.

Timing is killing it. WGC next weekend and the PGA Championship the following week with the British having been less than two weeks ago.

That's a lot of golf in the heat of summer for many. Last year it was played in June, same weekend as the OC Invitational

Last year's event had 6 Top Ten players. Of course, last year Tiger was counted in that number.... Wow!!

I can't wait to see the course on TV. It's truly one of the most exclusive courses in the area.

I can't remember the last time a tournament that TW was playing in had ZERO juice to it.

i think the field is pretty similar to the field last year as far as big names go. The event hasn't really drawn lots of the top players. Day and Spieth are two names that stand out as not playing this year.
There has been a surprising lack of local advertising and promotional activity for it this year.

i am surprised at that too Rob. I don't want local news much but the advertising on the local channels during regular shows seems non existent.

Lightning suspending play atm.......

Its kind of crazy to think about. I expect him to play well here for some ridiculous reason, certainly not based on anything factual. But barring him coming out and being under par, this tournament will need an amazing finish to keep people interested.

Lightning suspending play atm.......
It's really bad in Rockville now. Supposed to be like this most of the afternoon now. So much for watching the replay tonight

Its kind of crazy to think about. I expect him to play well here for some ridiculous reason, certainly not based on anything factual. But barring him coming out and being under par, this tournament will need an amazing finish to keep people interested.
I honestly don't know what to expect from him this weekend. Last tine he played here Presidents Cup he played well.

Oh yeah that was 2005. He had an OK year in 2005

Don't know how Tiger could only practice for a week and change dramatically, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a greenbrier type performance as far as his position on the leaderboard goes. Rickie, Justin Rose and Justin Thomas will be the three players I have my eye on this week. Will also be interested in seeing if Schniederjans can start his pro career 2/2 on cuts.

Lightning delay. But 8 under leading , they are destroying this place. After Allenby's mess he birdied his first hole

A little dramatic for the quicken loans but I thought that little voiced over montage thing on the golf channel just now was pretty cool

Good start Mr. Woods...

Rickie with the ACE!!!

My man Rickie!!! I never knew he was from Anaheim it makes me like him more.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Came back and thought they were showing Tiger's bunker shot on the 1st. No, he's back in the sand on the 2nd.

And just like that Tiger is 2 over through 3.

and now 3 over thru 4

Back