Tiger Woods & Chris Como Done?

Those stats are so bad lol makes me think whatever he does it can't really get any worse. ........or can it? Lol!

This has nothing to do with Chris. This is all TW and his lack of mental fortitude.
Wow, these are the stats with Como.

9 starts
0 top-10s
2 top-25s
4 MC/WD
3 rounds in 80s
Combined score: +41

This has nothing to do with Chris. This is all TW and his lack of mental fortitude.

I tend to agree and still have not confirmed they have split.
The irony about some of these posts in this thread is that so many said "its just a matter of time". We are 9 deep and its borderline tour pro at this stage.

I gotta think this was based on a personal conflict more than Tiger trying to play good golf? He can't think it's a good idea to start over 2 weeks before the last major.

Wow, these are the stats with Como.

9 starts
0 top-10s
2 top-25s
4 MC/WD
3 rounds in 80s
Combined score: +41
Ouch!!!

I think TW will split with Chris and take the rest of the year off after the PGA. Its hard to play golf with a target on your back form your fellow tour players. I also think Joey will not be on the bag in 2016. Rock bottom is fastly approaching

I think TW will split with Chris and take the rest of the year off after the PGA. Its hard to play golf with a target on your back form your fellow tour players. I also think Joey will not be on the bag in 2016. Rock bottom is fastly approaching

To be fair, isnt that only like 1-2 tournaments taking off?

In fairness though, after the PGA what is there for him to play in? Unless he picks up a win, or 2 high finishes, he won't be in the FedEx Cup(barring he doesn't play windham). That right there effectively ends his season until December. I've also wondered about Joey being on the bag much longer.

Yeah, as he won't be "taking off" the playoffs by choice.

You guys understand what I am saying. He will use his split to justify not getting more reps in the lesser events like the Frys.
To be fair, isnt that only like 1-2 tournaments taking off?

In fairness though, after the PGA what is there for him to play in? Unless he picks up a win, or 2 high finishes, he won't be in the FedEx Cup(barring he doesn't play windham). That right there effectively ends his season until December. I've also wondered about Joey being on the bag much longer.

Yeah, as he won't be "taking off" the playoffs by choice.

It is kind of like next week. "Tiger are you ready to play" "Yeah I feel good, but barring a win, I am not in the WGC". "Tiger, Well there is that other event on tour". "Yeah, Im not playing that".

You guys understand what I am saying. He will use his split to justify not getting more reps in the lesser events like the Frys.

I'm got you Panda. I seriously doubt you see him at one of the early 2015-2016 events. He'll take the time to reboot and figure out the final run of his career, again.

Buy an RV, hire and ugly nanny to travel with you. Drive to every event and play til your hands hurt. Better yet, go play some mini tour events and find your love for the game again. Do something, don't just let your career fall flat.
I'm got you Panda. I seriously doubt you see him at one of the early 2015-2016 events. He'll take the time to reboot and figure out the final run of his career, again.

Buy an RV, hire and ugly nanny to travel with you. Drive to every event and play til your hands hurt. Better yet, go play some mini tour events and find your love for the game again. Do something, don't just let your career fall flat.

Do you think he will get over his ego and do that though? Unfortunately doubtful....

However, I think part of the reason he played in the Waste Mgt. this year was because previously he mightve thought he was "above" that tournament...no?

Tiger is already committed to the Frys.com event to open the season:

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/...-open-october-first-tournament-2015-16-season

No one ever stands up to TW. So he will always think he is right in his choices. This behavior would not have been tolerated if Pops was still around. I am surprised him mom has not stepped in.
Do you think he will get over his ego and do that though? Unfortunately doubtful....

However, I think part of the reason he played in the Waste Mgt. this year was because previously he mightve thought he was "above" that tournament...no?

Tiger is already committed to the Frys.com event to open the season:

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/...-open-october-first-tournament-2015-16-season
Woods has yet to formally commit to the Northern California tournament, but a source told ESPN.com that the golfer will make good on a commitment to commissioner Tim Finchem to play the event after skipping it in 2012 to take part in an exhibition in Turkey.

The above says he has not committed and I do not see him making good.

Woods has yet to formally commit to the Northern California tournament, but a source told ESPN.com that the golfer will make good on a commitment to commissioner Tim Finchem to play the event after skipping it in 2012 to take part in an exhibition in Turkey.

The above says he has not committed and I do not see him making good.

Depends how much they pay him

I had an interesting chat with mike bender today. he said he knows what he would do to get tiger right, but that he probably wouldn't take him on because 1) the time demand would be too great and 2) the only time the coach is talked about is when tiger struggles. when he's on, it's because he's the greatest ever, but when he's off its the instructor's fault.

and ps: mike bender is a cool dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike is great coach
I had an interesting chat with mike bender today. he said he knows what he would do to get tiger right, but that he probably wouldn't take him on because 1) the time demand would be too great and 2) the only time the coach is talked about is when tiger struggles. when he's on, it's because he's the greatest ever, but when he's off its the instructor's fault.

and ps: mike bender is a cool dude!

Mike is great coach

Sure is, but he is not all that accurate here. Nobody can watch the Foley thing and not think he got some credit when Tiger was hot. Hell, the casual fan had no idea who he was and all of the sudden he was this amazing coach opening up camps all over the world. The same can be said for Haney. Haney was a top teacher, but he was not getting a TV Show or anything else without the success that Tiger Woods helped bring him (and vice versa).

I think this is the question. Does he love the game enough to do the small stuff. I personally don't think so.

Sure is, but he is not all that accurate here. Nobody can watch the Foley thing and not think he got some credit when Tiger was hot. Hell, the casual fan had no idea who he was and all of the sudden he was this amazing coach opening up camps all over the world. The same can be said for Haney. Haney was a top teacher, but he was not getting a TV Show or anything else without the success that Tiger Woods helped bring him (and vice versa).
Couldn't agree more, and if Tiger somehow resurrects his career at this point, whatever coach is with him at that point is going to be incredibly well though of - maybe moreso than any of the others.

No one ever stands up to TW. So he will always think he is right in his choices. This behavior would not have been tolerated if Pops was still around. I am surprised him mom has not stepped in.

Completely agree. When your closest "confidante" is your yes-man agent, you're going to get too much of the advice you want and not any of the advice you need.

As Bane said to Batman, "Victory has defeated you." Once upon a time, Tiger talked about how much he enjoyed grinding. He's long since lost the ability or the desire to grind, and I don't think he's going to get it back at this point.

Completely agree, on all points. At this point I am not sure a teacher can help. I think we need to see more of what I am watching now. Hit it and go get it, take the good with the bad and learn how to play the game again. He has swing that can compete, he has a mental lapse that cannot.

Back