Tiger Woods & Chris Como Done?

He won't go back to Harmon, and Harmon wouldn't take him back. That bridge had been burned and torched. There's also no gain for Harmon either way. If he fails, that looks bad on him. If he succeeds, it won't take him to another level of fame like it did back in the 2000's.

Agreed, I don't see what's in it for Butch.

Maybe this is a good thing.

Tiger is not 100% committed to reworking his swing. He is using Como's mechanics combined with his own, and the results are, well, above par... Same issue he had with Foley IMO. Maybe he needs to do it on his own. Maybe if he can fully commit to one view, his own, he can get it together.

Agreed, I don't see what's in it for Butch.

Breakfast..?

What really frustrates the hell out of me is that no matter how many times the variation of "not a chance in Hell" is said to the media (not all), they still keep writing about how they should get the band back together. Do they not hear what's being said by all involved?

Breakfast..?

What really frustrates the hell out of me is that no matter how many times the variation of "not a chance in Hell" is said to the media (not all), they still keep writing about how they should get the band back together. Do they not hear what's being said by all involved?

Butch teased everyone by saying he would consider it, IF Tiger called him. Besides, I'm still in the camp that he should go back to Haney.

Breakfast..?

The general media is not going to look for a story, that's why. Just like so many of the fans, keep believing "Its a process" and "I need reps" they just miss the disclaimer that both sides are completely full of ****.

I don't buy the What's in it for Butch argument.

If he was able to bring Tiger out of this funk, he would get all the credit in the world for Tiger's possibly breaking Jack's record. That being said, I still don't think it ever happens.

Not sure if true or not, but not shocking if true. I think if this proves to be a split, TW has some soul searching to do bc he has to be honest and realize his abilities are diminished. Now not diminished to where he can contend or win again, but I get the sense he's trying to recapture the epic run he had and not embracing what he is now.

I don't think it really matters......he has proven over the last 4 years that the instructor really doesn't change his on course performance.
Bingo! He's better off hiring a good sports psychologist. As soon as he steps on the first tee in competition he is done.

if its true there is a good two weeks at least of new cycle time for GC that they don't have to talk about anything else.

I heard he was just going to buy the Bender stick and switch to the Kick X ball and be right back to the old tiger.

Does anyone besides me think that no matter who tigs lines up, it won't make much difference in his game? A good coach can only be as good as his student. Heck, i'll take him on as a student,,,you think he's messed up now you aint' seen spit.....

I just checked and this is still just a rumor.

He needs a head coach and a caddie that's not afraid to bust his balls. Joey just seems too ho hum for that large of a personality

They just reported this on Golf Central, supposedly more to come.

They just reported this on Golf Central, supposedly more to come.
Just saw that. Lots of sources saying they really did split. Wonder what his next move will be

Sweet Tiger off on his own. That worked out so well last time it led him to Foley.

Sweet Tiger off on his own. That worked out so well last time it led him to Foley.

Hahha. I still remember the whole "I dont need a caddie either, I will have my buddy do it" to prove a point...That ended quite bad.

Hahha. I still remember the whole "I dont need a caddie either, I will have my buddy do it" to prove a point...That ended quite bad.

Oddly enough, the Foley stuff was right before Whistling Straits. Talk about kicking the can down the road 5 years.

Wow, these are the stats with Como.

9 starts
0 top-10s
2 top-25s
4 MC/WD
3 rounds in 80s
Combined score: +41

Wow, these are the stats with Como.

9 starts
0 top-10s
2 top-25s
4 MC/WD
3 rounds in 80s
Combined score: +41

So, "It's finally coming around" that's what you're saying? lol

On one hand I'm surprised he didn't give it until the end of the year. On the other hand, Tiger doesn't need a coach to read him his trackman numbers. Maybe Tiger thinks he has enough knowledge about the swing to give it one more shot on his own. Como was about as 'unknown' of a teacher I could see him going to, and I don't believe there is any chance he goes to any of the 'well known' guys. Only time will tell.

*Don't know about the source much but Robert Lusetich from fox sports says he has asked Mark Steinberg if Tiger fired Como and Steinberg said no, not sure what it's worth. @RobertLusetich on twitter*

Back