What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 45 in league tonight, which is quite a bit better than it has been. Driver was better than it's been, but not quite where it was, but the rest of my game was in decent shape. Ended the night on a really good note. On the last hole I hit a not great drive that left me 212 out to the pin. Perfect 2H into the green left about 40 feet, and I drained the putt for birdie. Some progress tonight to figure out some of my demons, and I'm getting even more confident in my putting.

Shot a 45 in league tonight, which is quite a bit better than it has been. Driver was better than it's been, but not quite where it was, but the rest of my game was in decent shape. Ended the night on a really good note. On the last hole I hit a not great drive that left me 212 out to the pin. Perfect 2H into the green left about 40 feet, and I drained the putt for birdie. Some progress tonight to figure out some of my demons, and I'm getting even more confident in my putting.
You're pretty deadly with those hybrids. And it's obvious your game don't shown up until a major thp event :)

Rough 43. First 4 holes it looked like I hadn't played golf before. I was playing a match against 2 of my friends and after the bad start I hunkered down and made pars on the last 5 coming in and ended up winning our game. Have to keep at it no matter what in match play.

8 pars and a 3 putt bogey (barely missed bird, HUGE lip on the comeback) for a smooth 37 from the tips tonight.

I am so tired of my course not having consistent green speeds. I'm a creature of habit and I'll be happy to admit that -- And I putted CRAZY well this weekend at reasonable speeds. Slow nonsense tonight.

Slow nonsense is the absolute worst.

Shot a 47 this morning. That was with a blowup on #2 (put up a 9). Turned it around on the very next hole with a birdie though, so there was that. I hit zero fairways this morning ... zero. So the fact that I scuffled my way to a 47 was miraculous. Got to get this driver straightened out. It's killing me that I'm back to a push or a slice again. This over the top crap is killin me.

Very solid. That's the upsetting part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to be in a THP invitational together then dude. You bring the tee/long game and I'll bring the short game. If I could just get myself in good positions off the tee I would drop so many strokes off my rounds. A couple tee shots OOB added 4-5 strokes to my last round and even more the round before that.

We need to be in a THP invitational together then dude. You bring the tee/long game and I'll bring the short game. If I could just get myself in good positions off the tee I would drop so many strokes off my rounds. A couple tee shots OOB added 4-5 strokes to my last round and even more the round before that.

Totally agree! We need to make that happen!

Well unfortunately a ridiculously slow twosome in a cart screwed up my front nine that I quit keeping score because I had to skip two holes ( 5 and 6 ) to get away from them. I resumed play on #7, a par 3 and finished out the front 9 shooting very well. I started keeping score on the back 9 and shot my PB 43 beating my old PB by 3 strokes. I had one putt that ran the rim all the way around but didn't drop and had a 7 on the par 5 18th ( I hit two shots online with the right club but just hit them short :banghead:). Those 3 shots could have put me at 40 which I may have given me a heart attack so may be good that I didn't shoot that. Lol

All my work with the short irons with my swing and proper ball contact is working it's way into the rest of my bag and I have even been driving the ball into the 210-15 yardage range more often. Overall my yardages are getting longer with all clubs.

Shot a 45/42- 87 in a Wednesday morning league at my home course, didn't get off the tee very well and didn't putt all that great but my irons were the best they have been all year. Feeling good walking away from the round

Walked 18 before it got too hot. I was the only one on the course. 40/43 83 with 39 putts. Could not get anything to drop today. However, I played the same ball for the entire round and had no penalty strokes. Which are big for me.

Congrats krispyk on that PB on the back 9 - good work.

Well unfortunately a ridiculously slow twosome in a cart screwed up my front nine that I quit keeping score because I had to skip two holes ( 5 and 6 ) to get away from them. I resumed play on #7, a par 3 and finished out the front 9 shooting very well. I started keeping score on the back 9 and shot my PB 43 beating my old PB by 3 strokes. I had one putt that ran the rim all the way around but didn't drop and had a 7 on the par 5 18th ( I hit two shots online with the right club but just hit them short :banghead:). Those 3 shots could have put me at 40 which I may have given me a heart attack so may be good that I didn't shoot that. Lol

All my work with the short irons with my swing and proper ball contact is working it's way into the rest of my bag and I have even been driving the ball into the 210-15 yardage range more often. Overall my yardages are getting longer with all clubs.

Congrats on PB

47-43 for 90 on a par 70. I hit 1 freaking green in regulation, it was the last hole of the day, that should tell you how bad my ball striking was today. Only good thing about the round is that I got a lot of short game practice in because I was scrambling all day long. Had to hit the range for an emergency session later in the afternoon because I was so frustrated with this morning's round.

After flirting with breaking 100 for a few rounds, I followed Monday's 120 with a 116 today. It felt worse than that. I just didn't have anything working today. I didn't hit a single green in regulation, and the few shots I hit like I wanted were all with the wrong club.

Played with j4u at deer creek and shot PB 74 (35,39). Had a real chance at par but gave away a few shots on the back including a 3 putt par from 9ft on a 295yd par 4. All in all a great time!

Played with j4u at deer creek and shot PB 74 (35,39). Had a real chance at par but gave away a few shots on the back including a 3 putt par from 9ft on a 295yd par 4. All in all a great time!
Damn Kang that's legit!! Congrats on your pb dude!

45 with 15 putts. Played the last four in pouring rain just to get some much needed practice in before Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

43/45 for 88 at Seabrook Island - Crooked Oaks course. Will ESC to an 84. One horrendous hole and the rest were not bad. Had an 11 on the par 5 15th. OB off the tee, another OB from the fairway later. Drove the ball fantastic except for the one quick swing that went OB with a hook.

12/14 FIR, 10 GIR, 36 putts (two 3-putts), 3 penalties (all of them O.B., one off the tee and two from fairways later)
1 Birdie, 7 pars, 7 bogies, 2 doubles, and 1 really really high number!

Quality play continued today - walked 9 at a muni in the small town I had some meetings in today. 3000 yard par 35 design typical of rural Kansas towns, though I'd put this course pretty high on the maintenance list. Irrigated fairways, even.

Anyway, got around the course in -1, 34. This course hasn't been USGA rated, but I'd guess it would rate in the 33.5/120 range. Pretty easy for a scratch with just enough trouble to have an above average slope rating.

42/41-83. Had a real good day off the tee but not much else was working. Got to the course and went straight to the first tee so didn't have any warm-up and I did get off to a slower start than I typically do. Will get out again tomorrow to see if I can get the rest of the game to work with the driver.

For as good as last Friday was.... Today was just plain bad. Shot an 84 at Idle Hour in Macon, GA. Played 7050 Par 70 from the tips. 4/14 fairways 8/18 greens and 35 putts. I didnt feel like i hit the ball that bad, just missed it in the worst possible spots and had no short game.... There will be days like this and I got to come home to my little buddy so all is good!

For as good as last Friday was.... Today was just plain bad. Shot an 84 at Idle Hour in Macon, GA. Played 7050 Par 70 from the tips. 4/14 fairways 8/18 greens and 35 putts. I didnt feel like i hit the ball that bad, just missed it in the worst possible spots and had no short game.... There will be days like this and I got to come home to my little buddy so all is good!

It's all good partner as tomorrow is a new day. Besides those small fast greens at Idle Hour will eat your lunch even if you're a tad off .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back