Status
Not open for further replies.
This event has a ton of appeal. But I need to think long and hard if I'm the right kind of person for it. I feel inept with club knowledge when I look around here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One does not need the expertise. That can be provided with data.
One just has to love the equipment side of things.

This event has a ton of appeal. But I need to think long and hard if I'm the right kind of person for it. I feel inept with club knowledge when I look around here.

I think it will be beneficial to have all different kinds in the testing. I bet you can read the flightscope as well as anyone else. Your findings will help others who aren't overly savvy.

Well this one is firmly on the radar. Thread subscribed!!!

One note about this, we have made it clear that it is for ALL handicap indexes and we mean it.
So much so that every handicap "sector" MUST be represented and we will block off space to make sure it is filled appropriately.

I love equipment and new shiny things. Is there a long-if-you-count-the-linear-distance-cuz-that's-one-heckuva-slice sector?

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Spicoli could put on one heck of a show at this

I think we could put on a heck of a show, as we tend to do. The more info we get, the better the event sounds, so you might as well spill the beans.

I think we could put on a heck of a show, as we tend to do. The more info we get, the better the event sounds, so you might as well spill the beans.
I mean its all been laid out i cant imagine there is anything else left to know :)

Last edited:
I mean its all been laid out i cant imagine there is anything else left to know

Well I guess we need to know if you want to split a rental car....I mean ha know getting from Jax and all. Could be a long walk for us. :)

Yes, there will be 23 open spots for this event.
Information will be out shortly after the THP Bridgestone Championship.
And we want to reiterate, this event is all about equipment. If you are into golf equipment, this is for you. If you prefer the events where its more about the golf and less about the gear, this one might not be the best fit.
It's a gearhead's dream! Sign me up!

It's a gearhead's dream! Sign me up!
BTW, I keep saying "sign me up" in my posts in hopes somebody will just, you know, go ahead and sign me up. Hint, hint.

It's well past time I get to my first official THP event.

One note about this, we have made it clear that it is for ALL handicap indexes and we mean it.
So much so that every handicap "sector" MUST be represented and we will block off space to make sure it is filled appropriately.

Asked to clarify, so here goes.
24 golfers
4 different handicap sections (low, low to mid, mid-high, high)
Each of these sections will have 6 golfers each.

24 golfers
If that's not unbiased feedback across all spectrums of golfer abilities, then I don't know what is…

Digging the sounds of this.......now to make sure I can fit into one of the categories. High trending higher is not on the list. :alien:

Well hopefully there is room for me in the sector id fall in to!

Basically only 6 spots available. I have a feeling this will be a tough one to get into.

This may have been asked, but will it be open to lefties Josh? I know sometimes it is hard to get demo LH stuff, but just curious.

This may have been asked, but will it be open to lefties Josh? I know sometimes it is hard to get demo LH stuff, but just curious.

Our plan right now is yes.
That will be completely dependent on requests however. We will have that info out there for everybody well in advance of signups though.

Anyone planning on attending better prepare their body and hands for the amount of swings you are going to be taking. You don't want to get fatigued too early with the amount of gear that will be available.

24 golfers

and being held at one of the best golf resorts in the country!

I normally am more about the golf than the gear because I don't have a chance to test things out in store. I could get all of the legit info I need, as well as any and other THPers at the same time. I would love to be a part of this!

I don't know if I am into equipment as much as a lot of THP'ers. I like reading the reviews and trying new stuff though. I feel like a fitting is in order for me before I could try an event like this? It sounds so freaking cool though! The resort looks incredible!

Seeing the info Josh put out this morning about ball flights, gets me really excited for the info we will see following this event.

Seeing the info Josh put out this morning about ball flights, gets me really excited for the info we will see following this event.
Get some hard data to...
1. Provide unbiased info to THPers and other consumers reading the recap/review.
2. Maybe debunk a few myths/popular opinions.
3. Give 24 THPERS the chance to really see what works better for them.

Yep, I want to know more.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

This just sounds like so much fun. Definitely like that there will be 24 THPers from all different handicaps. Feedback from different skill levels is awesome.

This is one event I want in... I don't have a chance to go for them very often.

I want in on this one mostly so y'all will see I'm actually a really laid back guy who likes playing golf and good craft beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back